+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fulham after JOE BENNETT, according to Sky Sports !

Fulham after JOE BENNETT, according to Sky Sports !

Strange one

Re: Fulham after JOE BENNETT, according to Sky Sports !

No but unless it's an outrageous bid I hope they bugger off

They sold Scott Malone and are in the market for a left back. Dont see anything strange.

I like Bennett but we have a ready made replacement in Jazz Richards if worst comes to the worst and we do sell.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    They sold Scott Malone and are in the market for a left back. Dont see anything strange.

I like Bennett but we have a ready made replacement in Jazz Richards if worst comes to the worst and we do sell.
    Can we not sell them back jazz instead

They mugged us off with Malone and probably think they can do likewise with Bennett now. However, we now have a Management Team who know the true value of a player and I have no doubt whatsoever that if we do sell it will be on our terms only.

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    They mugged us off with Malone and probably think they can do likewise with Bennett now. However, we now have a Management Team who know the true value of a player and I have no doubt whatsoever that if we do sell it will be on our terms only.
    I'm not sure Bennett is your classic Warnock fullback, but I really rate him, and hopefully NW does too

I'd prefer it if we kept both Bennett and Richards. We need a strong squad to compete. However they juts got £5m for Malone so may pay a good fee, and as he was one of Trollope's signings is probably on high wages too.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is true but I guess that it will depend on how much Warnock wants to keep him and if he thinks that he can use the money received to good effect. As has already been pointed out, Richards is an adequate replacement although I would expect us to sign another left back if Joe does go & probably one or two other players with the proceeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if this is true but I guess that it will depend on how much Warnock wants to keep him and if he thinks that he can use the money received to good effect. As has already been pointed out, Richards is an adequate replacement although I would expect us to sign another left back if Joe does go & probably one or two other players with the proceeds.
    I agree. If they offer something like £3 million we'd have to sit up and listen.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I agree. If they offer something like £3 million we'd have to sit up and listen.

£3m was the figure I had in mind. I like Joe & would prefer him to stay but if we get a bid at/over that level then I think he will go. Last week Warnock talked about maybe needing a couple more players & he may see selling Joe as the way to achieve that.

5 million, and let us win the next two games against them and he's theirs, we have a few who could fill let that role

He had a real mare against them in the FA Cup last season as well.

I reckon Warnock will always want Peltier in his team, so I could see him moving to the left when Paterson is fit - if Bennett goes, we'll have Richards, Peltier and Connolly who could play on the left, but I'd say they're all more effective on the right.

A straight swap for Tom Cairney would do

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He had a real mare against them in the FA Cup last season as well.

I reckon Warnock will always want Peltier in his team, so I could see him moving to the left when Paterson is fit - if Bennett goes, we'll have Richards, Peltier and Connolly who could play on the left, but I'd say they're all more effective on the right.

That's a good shout about Paterson as I think he will be our No1 right back & as you say Warnock appears to be a big fan of Peltier so would want him in the team. If this is the case Warnock could see the sale of Bennett as an opportunity to strengthen other parts of the squad without having to use some of the cash to sign a replacement.

I know this could all be pure speculation but I find it interesting that this has been described as 'in talks' as opposed to Fulham making an offer. It makes it sound like we think that there is a deal to be done here so will be happy to sell at the right price.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    That's a good shout about Paterson as I think he will be our No1 right back & as you say Warnock appears to be a big fan of Peltier so would want him in the team. If this is the case Warnock could see the sale of Bennett as an opportunity to strengthen other parts of the squad without having to use some of the cash to sign a replacement.

I know this could all be pure speculation but I find it interesting that this has been described as 'in talks' as opposed to Fulham making an offer. It makes it sound like we think that there is a deal to be done here so will be happy to sell at the right price.
    I wouldn't rule it out, as he doesn't strike me as the perfect fit for Warnock but he's really improved in 2017 and if we could replace him, get a solid replacement in and perhaps get room in the wage budget for a transfer elsehwhere, it's worth considering. I wouldn't actively sell him though, he's hardly put a foot wrong defensively recently and is a threat going forwards.

Declan John's name being completely absent from this thread speaks volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Declan John's name being completely absent from this thread speaks volumes.
    That's because he's dreadful and Warnock has said he has no future here, and no future in the game as a full back only as a winger.

Malone £5 million, Lawrence £7 million. The world's gone mad!!

Im not buying into Peltier as a left back. His distribution is poor anyway, and its even worse when hes playing on the wrong side of the pitch. I watched him play there against Wolves home last season and he was awful.

Same goes for Conolly, who can play there in an injury crisis but its his worst position across the back.

Jazz is most comfortable of the 3 on their left foot and id expect him to be our first choice left back should Bennett leave.

Still prefer Joe to all 3 of them though.

No way should he be sold, especially to one of our main rivals for promotion. He's been one of our best players since Warnock arrived and is ideally suited to playing full back, wing back or left side midfielder. Hopefully just Sky causing mischief again - dont forget they were adamant Zohore was going a few weeks ago.

This would be our riskiest transfer activity of our summer.

Whisper:----- Ledley to left back.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Patterson getting fitter so we've got a potential diamond there by other reports on him. I hope we keep Bennett though he's a very decent LB.

If a very good offer came in though and Warnock was allowed to use the proceeds then he might be tempted by it.

Someone posted on here the other day that we were watching a player from Rosenberg, when I looked them up they had an interesting centre mid, who was probably beyond us and an up and coming lb