+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lads I'm struggling tonight

Re: Lads I'm struggling tonight

It happened to me many years ago the only thing between you and happiness right now is time.
    My mate told me that at the time but i could n`t see it. Honestly nearly 30 years on I just see it as part of my life.
    Took me a year or so to get my confidence back you`ll get there mate.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    It's hard mate, trust me while it seems like the end of the world right now, it's not.

Spend some time with your mates, keep busy and just focus on you.

Sooner or later you'll meet the women you're meant to be with, and this one will become a memory.

We've all been there, I had a couple of failed relationships that hurt me back in the day, but have been married now for 27 years.

Right that's the sensible advice out the way.

Shagging her best friend, or even better, her sister would be an excellent response.
    Shagging her brother would send a bigger message

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    My mate sent pics of his ex to her dad! Evil ****er
    I think we're going to need to see copies of those.....

He wants cheering up ffs not everyonelses heartbreak stories

The world expert on European wasps and the sounds that they make is taking a stroll down his local high street.

As he passes by the record shop, a sign catches his eye. "Just Released: New LP - Wasps of the World & the sounds that they make - available now!"

Unable to resist the temptation, the man goes into the shop. "I am the world expert on European wasps and the sounds that they make. I'd very much like to listen to the new LP you have advertised in the window."

"Certainly, Sir," says the young man behind the counter. "If you'd like to step into the booth and put on the headphones, I'll put the LP on for you."

The world expert on European wasps goes into the booth and puts on the earphones.

Ten minutes later, he comes out of the booth and announces, "I am the world expert on European wasps and the sounds that they make and yet I recognised none of those."

"I'm sorry sir," says the young assistant. "If you'd care to step into the booth, I can let you have another 10 minutes."

The world expert on European wasps and the sounds that they make steps back into the booth and replaces the headphones.

Ten minutes later, he comes out of the booth shaking his head. "I don't understand it," he says, "I am the world expert on European wasps and the sounds that they make, and yet I still can't recognise any of those!"

"I'm terribly sorry, sir" says the young man, "perhaps if you'd like to step into the booth again, you could have 5 more minutes."

Sighing, the world expert on European wasps and the sounds that they make steps back into the booth.

Five minutes later, he comes out again, clearly agitated. "I am the world expert on European wasps and the sounds that they make and yet I have recognised none of the wasps on this LP."

"I really am terribly sorry," says the young assistant. But
    "I've just realised I was playing you the bee side."

I would say writing down how you feel or representing in an art form (like rap and other forms of poetry are my personal choices) would help a lot.

Also maybe call a friend would help a lot.

If you ever need to rant or anything, feel free to hit me up

Quote Originally Posted by Glos Blue View Post
    If you've got any good mates, get together, have a few beers and a laugh; take your mind off it. Don't sit alone with your thoughts digging yourself into a hole.

I don't know you, but if it has hit you really hard and you're having ANY thoughts about harming yourself, please get help. As shit as it may feel at the moment, it will get better. I'll even drive down from Gloucester to take you for a beer if necessary!

Cardiff and District Samaritans:
    029 2034 4022 (local call charges apply)
    ****ing hell, that's going to cheer him right up that is. Bet you're a right laugh at parties.

My advice.

Just ask Sludge if you can borrow one of his rotters for an hour or two.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    The world expert on European wasps and the sounds that they make is taking a stroll down his local high street.

As he passes by the record shop, a sign catches his eye. "Just Released: New LP - Wasps of the World & the sounds that they make - available now!"

Unable to resist the temptation, the man goes into the shop. "I am the world expert on European wasps and the sounds that they make. I'd very much like to listen to the new LP you have advertised in the window."

"Certainly, Sir," says the young man behind the counter. "If you'd like to step into the booth and put on the headphones, I'll put the LP on for you."

The world expert on European wasps goes into the booth and puts on the earphones.

Ten minutes later, he comes out of the booth and announces, "I am the world expert on European wasps and the sounds that they make and yet I recognised none of those."

"I'm sorry sir," says the young assistant. "If you'd care to step into the booth, I can let you have another 10 minutes."

The world expert on European wasps and the sounds that they make steps back into the booth and replaces the headphones.

Ten minutes later, he comes out of the booth shaking his head. "I don't understand it," he says, "I am the world expert on European wasps and the sounds that they make, and yet I still can't recognise any of those!"

"I'm terribly sorry, sir" says the young man, "perhaps if you'd like to step into the booth again, you could have 5 more minutes."

Sighing, the world expert on European wasps and the sounds that they make steps back into the booth.

Five minutes later, he comes out again, clearly agitated. "I am the world expert on European wasps and the sounds that they make and yet I have recognised none of the wasps on this LP."

"I really am terribly sorry," says the young assistant. But

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Girlfriend ended our relationship of almost 3 years today and I'm in pieces.

I need the best of CCMB to do what they do best and give me a good old cheering up
    You must be feline terrible...

Girlfriend ended our relationship of almost 3 years today and I'm in pieces.

I need the best of CCMB to do what they do best and give me a good old cheering up
    I know it's a cliche but everything happens for a reason. If she really is the one then she'll come back and it'll work out. If she's not then you'll move on and in time look back and see why it didn't work out.

We've all been there and it feels really shit but in time you'll get over it, meet someone else and experience the rampant thrill of incessant shagging that only a new relationship can bring.

In the meantime, keep busy, lean on your friends, look at all the gorgeous birds out there and no matter how tempted you are, don't go crying to the old one begging her to take you back.

You'll be fine young man.

A man is queuing at the five items or less checkout. The girl in front of him turns around and looks at his basket. He has a four pack of Heineken and an Indian meal for one. She smiles at him. He looks in her basket and sees a small bottle of wine and a Chinese meal for one. He says to her "You're single aren't you?" She gives a girly giggle and says "yes, how did you know?" The man replies "cause you're an ugly ****".

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    I know it's a cliche but everything happens for a reason. If she really is the one then she'll come back and it'll work out. If she's not then you'll move on and in time look back and see why it didn't work out.

We've all been there and it feels really shit but in time you'll get over it, meet someone else and experience the rampant thrill of incessant shagging that only a new relationship can bring.

In the meantime, keep busy, lean on your friends, look at all the gorgeous birds out there and no matter how tempted you are, don't go crying to the old one begging her to take you back.

You'll be fine young man.
    Like children dying of starvation? Or the the holocaust? Fatalism is rather a silly concept adopted for those who need false comfort.

Exercise , get the endorphins flowing . Keep busy and organise your weekends . The abyss will get smaller , good luck , been there it's a bitch but you will survive .

Quote Originally Posted by Phill Stants brother View Post
    ****ing hell, that's going to cheer him right up that is. Bet you're a right laugh at parties.

My advice.

Just ask Sludge if you can borrow one of his rotters for an hour or two.
    Having recently lost a very good friend to suicide, following the breakup of his relationship and not seeking any help; you may be right, I'm probably not a right laugh at parties.

I now know when someone is reaching out for help without directly asking for it and if I can, I will help them.

But hey, we all have our crosses to bear...

A man is queuing at the five items or less checkout. The girl in front of him turns around and looks at his basket. He has a four pack of Heineken and an Indian meal for one. She smiles at him. He looks in her basket and sees a small bottle of wine and a Chinese meal for one. He says to her "You're single aren't you?" She gives a girly giggle and says "yes, how did you know?" The man replies "cause you're an ugly ****".

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Like children dying of starvation? Or the the holocaust? Fatalism is rather a silly concept adopted for those who need false comfort.
    Tell us another one TBG.

Can I just say I am stunned with the amount of support I've received from here already. I've been reading/posting on this board for 8-9 years and I am so thankful that in the worst of times everyone is an absolute gent.

Thank you so much to all of you, I am hurting a lot and I have just been violently sick but it's all part and parcel I guess.

Can I just say I am stunned with the amount of support I've received from here already. I've been reading/posting on this board for 8-9 years and I am so thankful that in the worst of times everyone is an absolute gent.

Thank you so much to all of you, I am hurting a lot and I have just been violently sick but it's all part and parcel I guess. Thank you again.

Thank you so much to all of you, I am hurting a lot and I have just been violently sick but it's all part and parcel I guess.
    You have a pm, Z.

It all happens for a reason though.

Kids die of starvation because there's not enough food and the Catholics tell the, that birth control is a sin.

The holocaust happened because Hitler was a fecking loon.

Anyway, stop bringing the thread down. We're supposed to be cheering up the OP.

You WILL find someone better.

I was engaged in 1976 ( ) but it didn't work out.
    Met my wife in 1981, been married 35 years with 4 great kids (Got to say that - one of them reads this board )

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    You WILL find someone better.

I was engaged in 1976 ( ) but it didn't work out.
    Met my wife in 1981, been married 35 years with 4 great kids (Got to say that - one of them reads this board )
    Thanks Dad.

"I really am terribly sorry," says the young assistant. But .
    Is it THAT time of the year again?

Saw a poster today which said "Millions of children in Africa are dying from malaria - To prevent this tragedy all we need do is provide mosquito nets. For a donation of just £3 - the price of a sandwich - you could save a life."

Really makes you think doesn't it?

Three quid for a ****ing sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Thanks Dad.
    I said great, not grating.