+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Lads I'm struggling tonight

Lads I'm struggling tonight

Girlfriend ended our relationship of almost 3 years today and I'm in pieces.

I need the best of CCMB to do what they do best and give me a good old cheering up

International

Re: Lads I'm struggling tonight

Plenty more fish...............

Get straight on tinder

I'll ask my work colleague who also moonlights on Adultwork if she will give you a discount

Unfortunately, the only real (partial) remedy is time. Filling the vacuum with something superficial probably won't do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Still ****ing funny

In time you will appreciate she did you a favour. Back in February 1991 my wife of less than five months left me for another man whom she later married. It knocked me for six. I was a zombie for a few weeks.. In 1996 I met my current lady. We have been together over 21 years and have two sons. I love her to bits.

You will be fine but it will take time. It might take a fair few months and maybe a couple of years but in time it will not be so painful. When you eventually settle down you will look back at this part of your life and shrug your shoulders. You wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Girlfriend ended our relationship of almost 3 years today and I'm in pieces.

I need the best of CCMB to do what they do best and give me a good old cheering up
    FAO Mike Moggis - this is precisely the kind of frivolous post we're trying to stamp out on this MB, so I think young Zenith here would benefit from an infraction point.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Still ****ing funny
    I've watched this too many times. The bigging up of England is hilarious.

If you've got any good mates, get together, have a few beers and a laugh; take your mind off it. Don't sit alone with your thoughts digging yourself into a hole.

I don't know you, but if it has hit you really hard and you're having ANY thoughts about harming yourself, please get help. As shit as it may feel at the moment, it will get better. I'll even drive down from Gloucester to take you for a beer if necessary!

Cardiff and District Samaritans:
    029 2034 4022 (local call charges apply)

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    FAO Mike Moggis - this is precisely the kind of frivolous post we're trying to stamp out on this MB, so I think young Zenith here would benefit from an infraction point.

Thanks in advance.
    This is abusive towards young Zenith. So that's six points for you young Arfur.

Just think you can go down the City and come home whatever time you want.Keep happy fella worst things can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Just think you can go down the City and come home whatever time you want.Keep happy fella worst things can happen.
    Yeah he could be a Reading supporter.

I hope she was a trollop. Because I'm sure there'll be a Warnock round the corner.

Blue in the Face

Sorry to hear that Z.

Time is the only cure. But make sure you don't get trapped in cognitive loops for the next few months. Make sure you break routine do new things. Make sure you exercise and get healthy. Don't let your ego tumble. Try and find a new hope to aim for.

Good luck man!

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    This is abusive towards young Zenith. So that's six points for you young Arfur.

You're a good poster Zenith. I have no answers for you mate but there's always light at the end of the tunnel mate.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    You're a good poster Zenith. I have no answers for you mate but there's always light at the end of the tunnel mate.
    Yes he is a good poster and will be fine. It just takes time.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Unfortunately, the only real (partial) remedy is time. Filling the vacuum with something superficial probably won't do the trick.

Well surely that's what Dr. Fun prescribed - I can almost hear Zenith cheering up from here.

Blue in the Face

Don't drink too much and if you need to talk then you can continue to update us and I'm sure you have friends ready to listen too.

Hard to say much more than what has already been said (time and things get better) but you might find yourself learning a lot from this, even if just feels shit for ages.

Chick flicks seem to suggest watching a film but i usually prefer losing to a mate on FIFA.

It's hard mate, trust me while it seems like the end of the world right now, it's not.

Spend some time with your mates, keep busy and just focus on you.

Sooner or later you'll meet the women you're meant to be with, and this one will become a memory.

We've all been there, I had a couple of failed relationships that hurt me back in the day, but have been married now for 27 years.

Right that's the sensible advice out the way.

Shagging her best friend, or even better, her sister would be an excellent response.

My mate sent pics of his ex to her dad! Evil ****er

Also, whether it's a positive or not, you are still way behind John cleese. Write a famous sit-com and try to catch up.