+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Very much a case of after the Lord Mayor’s show.

Very much a case of after the Lord Mayor’s show.

Re: Very much a case of after the Lord Mayor’s show.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Thanks for that. I know you said Poyet didn't make much of an impact but did you see anything to suggest we might keep him on here? Difficult to say on one viewing, of course.

In your opinion is there much to Meite?

Very limited viewing of him, but it seems there's pace and not a great deal else.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Thanks for that. I know you said Poyet didn't make much of an impact but did you see anything to suggest we might keep him on here? Difficult to say on one viewing, of course.
    You're right, it's not fair on Poyet to start jumping to conclusions, but I will say I was expecting more from him - our best football came when Jamie Veale got on the ball more often and was seen more in the sort of areas Poyet had been occupying. Wales Online made it sound like he could play more games for us - I hope he does because I'm sure he's better than he showed yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    In your opinion is there much to Meite?

Very limited viewing of him, but it seems there's pace and not a great deal else.
    First thing to say is that I think Warnock likes him - based on our friendly games, I would say he's above Mark Harris in the queue for a first team place now. However, I know what you mean - that chance I describe arrived for him because his pace surprised the Sheffield Wednesday keeper who thought he had the situation covered, but although the chance he had was far from easy, it was a pretty unconvincing effort he came up with.

Meite has this season left on his contract and I'm not sure that the criteria as to whether he gets another one from us will be whether he has made it into the first team or not, because that still seems some way off to me - I reckon a loan spell at a League Two club might be the best thing for him at the moment.