+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Man of the match thread - Sheffield Utd

Man of the match thread - Sheffield Utd

Similar to Saturday, difficult to pick one out of a number of great performances but for me tonight, Sol Bamba. Absolute rock tonight.

Re: Man of the match thread - Sheffield Utd

Maybe not man of the match but I thought Etheridge was excellent in goal. Looked to have saved a few tonight.

Hoilett

The two cb's or Mendez-Laing. He's looking brilliant

Great team performance again. Plenty of choices of MoM, the front three stood out again and, but I'd also go with Sol. Him and Morrisson are becoming a formidable unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Greybeard View Post
    Maybe not man of the match but I thought Etheridge was excellent in goal. Looked to have saved a few tonight.
    He looks so secure too

I think Sol, but to be honest is so hard to choose from all 14.

I feel that Zohore is desperate to get back on the score sheet, and I hope that doesn't change his team spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ring_Peace View Post
    I think Sol, but to be honest is so hard to choose from all 14.

I feel that Zohore is desperate to get back on the score sheet, and I hope that doesn't change his team spirit.
    It was quite funny seeing big Ken and Tomlin arguing over who took the free kick and after Kens superb effort, Tomlin going and "grassing him up" to Morrisson.

Ralls !

Has not put a foot wrong in 3 games and holding the side together.

Every team needs a Nobby Stiles and Ralls is ours.

Bamba, hoilett and jazz stood out, but for me Ralls was our best player.

How great is this? Again, there's legitimately three or four players that could have been MotM. LOVE it.

Thought Hoilett was just about our best player against Villa and he was again last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    How great is this? Again, there's legitimately three or four players that could have been MotM. LOVE it.
    Indeed

I thought Tomlin had a very good game after a slow start, but I agree, Ralls had an excellent game. He is one of those players who doesn't stand out until you think about the game afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Thought Hoilett was just about our best player against Villa and he was again last night.
    Agree with this. He was excellent throughout. Junior is looking like the player he was at Blackburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    Tomlin looks over weight, but apparently he said that is how he always looks , Tomlin is one of those players that seems to chase down everything, gets in the way of everything and will generally break up play. So he definitely has a role to play.

The bit Im loving more than anything - is that other fans it seems are starting to moan about us, which means we are doing something right, it also adds in a bit of a fear factor, thay have to adapt their player to try and counter ours. Looking forward to saturday now - win lose or draw.
    I thought he was looking in good shape, especially compared to how he looked at Bristol city. He is quite stocky but didn't look fat.

Chased everything down and worked his bollocks off too plus added a touch of class.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I thought he was looking in good shape, especially compared to how he looked at Bristol city. He is quite stocky but didn't look fat.

Chased everything down and worked his bollocks off too plus added a touch of class.
    I don't think he's fat, he's just got a heavy build. He was fat at Bristol City and Peterborough though, there's no doubt about that. If we can get him fitter and keep him that way, he will be a big player for us.

I loved watching Tomlin last night and i think he's worth the entrance fee on his own.