+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ched applauded twice tonight by Cardiff fans....

Re: Ched applauded twice tonight by Cardiff fans....

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    So you wouldn't applaud Ramsey or Whittingham for the same reason yes?
    Are you serious with this comment?

Youre comparing a Sheffield United player with zero ties to us with a club legend and the best youth player we've produced in my life time?

Like others I didn't boo or clap, can't see why others cheered. Your father reference is irrelevant as well.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Why is he? Because he cheated on his girlfriend?
    My father cheated on my mother multiple times but I don't call him a scum bag every time I see him.
    Shit happens.
    Or is it because you think he's a rapist?
    Because you're wrong and a jury and a judge has proven that.
    Judge and jury didn't prove anything. There wasn't sufficient evidence to convict. That's not the same as being innocent (it doesn't mean he is guilty either)

The original case seemed dodgy as hell, so I'm not surprised it was overturned. And I guess people were applauding out of sympathy for someone they feel had been wrongly convicted.
    If he had got off the first time and hadn't been to prison then I would have thought he'd be getting loads of stick for it.
    I wouldn't be minded to applaud or give stick in either situation

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    Judge and jury didn't prove anything. There wasn't sufficient evidence to convict. That's not the same as being innocent (it doesn't mean he is guilty either)
    Exactly. Even though there wasn't enough evidence to convict, it doesn't mean he did or didn't do it, and it definitely does not mean he's a nice person.

Wouldnt have happened at Ninian Park. Guilty or not we would have tried to get under his skin. Many players and managers have touched on how intimidating a place Cardiff was to visit.

The role of the home fans is surely to get behind the team and also make it as initmidating and uncomfortable for the opposition as possible, within the law of course.

Its bad enough the club rolling out the redcarpet for away fans without the fans giving opposition players a jolly nice welcome.

Its a shame as I thought Saturday was a bit of a throwback in terms of the atmosphere. Terry and Taylor copped it, and so did Elmohamady when he was looking for sympathy from the Canton.

Ched should have been given the same treatment imo.

Never understood applauding Welsh players before or during a match. Of course it's also dependent on who, ex swans or giggs get booed.

So he's Welsh? What does that matter when watching city?

The amount of applause around PL grounds when every English international runs on must be something special.

It wasn't anything to do with his conviction either. Let's be honest guilty or not had he been non Welsh he would have been getting the usual treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Wouldnt have happened at Ninian Park. Guilty or not we would have tried to get under his skin. Many players and managers have touched on how intimidating a place Cardiff was to visit.

The role of the home fans is surely to get behind the team and also make it as initmidating and uncomfortable for the opposition as possible, within the law of course.

Its bad enough the club rolling out the redcarpet for away fans without the fans giving opposition players a jolly nice welcome.

Its a shame as I thought Saturday was a bit of a throwback in terms of the atmosphere. Terry and Taylor copped it, and so did Elmohamady when he was looking for sympathy from the Canton.

Ched should have been given the same treatment imo.
    Exactly, we should be as intimidating as possible. When Kav came back for Wigan, he got his name applauded before kick off and after the game, and booed the rest of the game. It was pantomine stuff but even he got stick. Ched is a bloody easy target and fairly easy to wind up by all accounts to boot.