+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What an absolute joy

What an absolute joy

I don't know whether the last few years have made us appreciate chances created from open play but what a joy it is to watch this Cardiff City team at the moment.

Even with Zohore looking a little under par tonight we looked incredible at times. Ralls and Gunnarsson were superb in the middle of the park, they look so much fitter this season and stronger.

Manga was great at full back and looked like he's played there all his life. Jazz was solid as were the two centre backs.

It was great to see Etheridge growing in confidence, he looked safe as houses tonight.

Anyone who knows me will know how much i love a number 10, so it will come as no surprise that i loved watching Tomlin tonight. He's gonna be massive for us amd i love watching players that make the game look so easy.

I know everyone is raving about Mendez-Laing tonight and rightly so bit my man of the match was Hoilett, he was unplayable first half.

It's great to look forward to games again. Thank you Neil Warnock.

Re: What an absolute joy

I like football and riding my bike

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I don't know whether the last few years have made us appreciate chances created from open play but what a joy it is to watch this Cardiff City team at the moment.

Even with Zohore looking a little under par tonight we looked incredible at times. Ralls and Gunnarsson were superb in the middle of the park, they look so much fitter this season and stronger.

Manga was great at full back and looked like he's played there all his life. Jazz was solid as were the two centre backs.

It was great to see Etheridge growing in confidence, he looked safe as houses tonight.

Anyone who knows me will know how much i love a number 10, so it will come as no surprise that i loved watching Tomlin tonight. He's gonna be massive for us amd i love watching players that make the game look so easy.

I know everyone is raving about Mendez-Laing tonight and rightly so bit my man of the match was Hoilett, he was unplayable first half.

It's great to look forward to games again. Thank you Neil Warnock.
    Good summary. I hope Etheridge keeps up his good form,
    Spedger

These first few games have been so enjoyable to watch, the best attacking football we've seen since the days of Bothroyd, Chopra, Bellamy, Burke etc.

We've also got Camp, Paterson, Harris and Healey to come into contention and I wouldn't be surprised if we see one or two additions before the end of the month.

Things are looking good.

Warnock said in his press conference that he has bid for someone this week.

Bennett's replacement do we think, or are they unrelated?

Another good performance ,did think at times we gave them too much room outside our box , still think Etherdige is having some worrying moments in the air and distribution, good shot stopper though ,Tomlin looked leggy but fine effort missed a sitter though .

Gunnerson and Ralls worked thier socks off .

We look a decent side let's see what happens on Saturday .

Yep I'd go with Holiett again as MOM

Could have scored 5 or 6, we were excellent

Tomlin was sublime, he made everything he did look effortless and embarrassed some of their defenders

All that being said, we have a huge test on Saturday

Was saying in work today, what we have seen in the past few days puts into perspective just how bad we have been in the past 3-4 seasons.

Watching City is now something to do for pleasure rather than just blind loyalty

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Was saying in work today, what we have seen in the past few days puts into perspective just how bad we have been in the past 3-4 seasons.

Watching City is now something to do for pleasure rather than just blind loyalty
    ^^^^THIS^^^^ It is a thing of joy.

I was chatting to a colleague in Leeds who is a Sheffield United fan, saying to him that it is a long time since I've enjoyed watching City as much as I have the last two games.
    If it carries on like this I'll have to stop explaining to my wife that we don't go to enjoy the football as she always says "enjoy the game" as I leave the house

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    I was chatting to a colleague in Leeds who is a Sheffield United fan, saying to him that it is a long time since I've enjoyed watching City as much as I have the last two games.
    If it carries on like this I'll have to stop explaining to my wife that we don't go to enjoy the football as she always says "enjoy the game" as I leave the house
    Manys the Saturday afternoon when I've turned to my mate and said "my wife thinks I'm out enjoying myself"

This season I've thoroughly enjoyed every minute.