+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: City tried to close the game out....successfully

City tried to close the game out....successfully

.....we were so on fire at the beginning of the second half, that it was an anticlimax to see us retreat towards our goal for the last twenty minutes. Bringing Halford on showed Warlock's mind set.

It could have gone horribly wrong - the Blades had several opportunities to score. And it does nothing for fans' blood pressure.

Re: City tried to close the game out....successfully

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    .....we were so on fire at the beginning of the second half, that it was an anticlimax to see us retreat towards our goal for the last twenty minutes. Bringing Halford on showed Warlock's mind set.

It could have gone horribly wrong - the Blades had several opportunities to score. And it does nothing for fans' blood pressure.
    Looking at the positive the opening 20 mins of the 2nd half was electric.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post

Last season we'd probably have come away with. 2-2, or worse. Whilst I agree it was all Sheffield the last ten minutes, I came away with my fingernails intact. We looked very comfortable at the back.

It was like Warnock (as a fan) told us to hold off.
    They couldn't handle us for 25 minutes of the 2nd half and it wasn't by chance we just let it go after we scored our 2nd

I agree. I thought we were quite naive in the last 15 minutes and didn't look comfortable closing the game out.

We were still trying to play 60 yard cross field balls when we should have been keeping the ball.

I didn't think Sheffield United were a bad side and worked the ball really well in the middle of the park.