+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Joe Ralls

Joe Ralls

I'm not to proud to say that he is very much proving me wrong at the moment. Brilliant again tonight.

Re: Joe Ralls

Yes fair play, he was excellent

Not too many as experienced as him in the championship and even more a select group if you look at his age bracket.

Ralls looks much sharper this season

Over the 3 games, our best player by far.

Looks fitter , leaner and eager

Man of the match for me..

Ralls was absolutely superb last night, I can recall him playing better in a City shirt

Joe Ralls gave a display that was full of authority last night. He has quietly developed over the last two seasons into a very good midfield player, one capable of holding his own in a top 6 Championship side.

He was so composed on the ball, his passing was crisp and precise and he was always looking to put us on the front foot, getting forward at pace. He was industrious, tenacious and his positional paly was exceptional. On a number of occasions he was in the right place to step in and intercept Sheffield United's attacking play.

What impressed me the most was the confidence with which he accepted passes in tight situations. When he was pressed, he simply glided past palyers to open space up for himself.

Perhaps he lacks the dynamism of a young Ramsey and the vision to produce defence splitting passes of Whittingham in his pomp but he is now a very, very good young midfield player who has been under appreciated by many of our fans.

So glad to read a thread like this about Joe, as he often gets a lot of undeserved stick in my book (including the family member who sticks next to me in the stadium)!! A lot of the work he does often goes unnoticed, but I feel Warnock has got the best out of him thus far and he was much improved last season and undoubtedly upped his standards at the beginning of this.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I'm not to proud to say that he is very much proving me wrong at the moment. Brilliant again tonight.
    Completely agree. Perhaps his form coincides with Whitts not being around any more.

Easier for Ralls now with 2 wide men who get stuck in and central midfielders alongside him who are box to box.

12 months ago he was struggling, with Gunnar nowhere near the team, an out of form Whitts a powder puff No one and someone else so poor playing in midfield I can't even remember who it was !

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    my MOTM tonight,work rate, tackling, covering etc was 100% - to be fair they all played 100% tonight

success is infectious and helps breed more success, i have a feeling about this season that it maybe better than last season

MOTM for me last night, I can't remember when we've had so much discussion after the game walking down Sloper rd over 3-4 players who could easily have been MOTM
    Ralls
    Morrison
    Bamba
    NML

So many great performances from all eleven players