+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Talk of Zohore being sold

Blue in the Face

Re: Talk of Zohore being sold

Hull City see £10m bid for Kenneth Zohore rejected by Cardiff City

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport...10m-bid-335212

As an aside, I wonder if we might be keeping tabs on Sam Gallagher?

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Probably - but at least I'd be able to say 'told you so' to a load of doubters on here - including TLG

Seriously, I'm not sure how you replace someone like Zohore, even with that sort of money, if Scott Hogan went for £15M. All a bit concerning, but I'm going to pretend to myself that NW is correct and we're not going to sell him this season regardless of what is offered...
    I would have thought selling him at any price would be short sighted. The way it is viewed is we found Zohore, Mendes Damour etc we will find another one.
    I would be devastated if we sold Zohore, keep him for another season and double the money or triple it if we sell him as a premier league player.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I would have thought selling him at any price would be short sighted. The way it is viewed is we found Zohore, Mendes Damour etc we will find another one.
    I would be devastated if we sold Zohore, keep him for another season and double the money or triple it if we sell him as a premier league player.
    Me too. Both he and Animal have the 'X' Factor that gets you off your seat when they have the ball as they generally do something positive with it.

I think we have been given some rare gifts in Zohore and NM-L and have to capitalize on what is clearly a motivated and confident TEAM at present. We really don't want to mess with the Chemistry right now if it can be avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by My Name is Dave. View Post
    I know we are a business, but surely we don't need to sell players to pay the tea lady or the VAT man.

We don't need to sell to strengthen our squad.

So why would we sell, when it's fairly obvious that this team could get us up to the premier league?

I don't understand the rumours, unless the lad himself wants to go.
    £100m in debt is one possible reason.

Re: Chris Houghton at the game last night

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    Chris Houghton was the game last night, watching Zohore I presume.

bennett just needs to agree terms with Fulham and he's gone.

Ive heard this from a reliable source who believes Zohore doesnt have a get out clause in his contract but an offer somewhere in the region of 15-20 million would be enough to make it happen.

How true this is I dont know, but the person who told me works at the club and sees the players on a daily basis. I wouldnt blame Tan for selling at that price. Whether Tan replaces Zohore or not is another matter.
    Yet another reliable source!!!!!There must be millions of them!!

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN View Post
    Yet another reliable source!!!!!There must be millions of them!!
    That's what i was thinking

You just know this is going to end in tears

Selling him would be bad enough; selling him to one of our Championship rivals would be crazy.

If the club has any ambition to return to the Premier League he should not be sold, regardless of price.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You just know this is going to end in tears
    Hull can't go any higher than that.

Stoke are yet to make their bid

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Stoke are yet to make their bid
    They signed a forward today

Zohore is staying

Time for Tan to become a legend and turn down the next two bids whatever the value , you don't sell something that has just risen in value you wait and add 10 million more, he could be looking at millions if he stays thisvseason , he will go ,we're not stupid, and not Real Madrid .

I can only see the lad getting better, i'm astonished he s this good,what were others missing .

I still think he's unfinished as a player , and is not that good in the air .

In a way pleased he's not banging in the goals at the moment ,his support play to others is catching the eye though.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Ken Choo followed Chris Hughton out of the ground last night when he left. Read into that what you will.
    Yes that was interesting ,others followed close behind as well , was did Houghton playing a pipe ?

http://www.hullcityindependent.net/?...hread_id=25721

Nice avatars in this thread, but they are missing Hernandez for 8 months. They'll be back with a new offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    Spot on.
    Though.. that said, I still don't entirely have confidence that 'the Club' is through with making poor or unfathomable decisions.
    How would NW feel if Ken was sold against his own or his manager s wishes?
    What would be the effect on morale, support and attendances?

We have a beautiful thing brewing here. But it's a fragile thing. For certain.
    Its only a fragile thing because of the stupidity of people on here continually speculating and posting that everyone including Zohore is being sold.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Its only a fragile thing because of the stupidity of people on here continually speculating and posting that everyone including Zohore is being sold.
    Who is saying that everyone is being sold? It's only Bennett and Zahore, and the manager is commenting on both of those players so why can't the general public?

It seems fairly clear that the cub is not going to let KZ go for anything less than a huge sum.
    Many said, weeks ago, that offers between 15-20 Mil for a still not wholly proven player would be too good an offer to turn down.

But what would we do with that money now in short time?

If it did happen, then so long as NW is on board with it, and gets at least enough funds for something(s) that he already has in mind, then personally I wouldn't feel all 'Toshack' about it.
    If NW is not cool with it, then its a shot in the foot for CCFC, to say the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    Chris Houghton was the game last night, watching Zohore I presume.

bennett just needs to agree terms with Fulham and he's gone.

Ive heard this from a reliable source who believes Zohore doesnt have a get out clause in his contract but an offer somewhere in the region of 15-20 million would be enough to make it happen.

How true this is I dont know, but the person who told me works at the club and sees the players on a daily basis. I wouldnt blame Tan for selling at that price. Whether Tan replaces Zohore or not is another matter.
    That's pretty obvious I'd say.

It's a messageboard about Cardiff City - what are you expecting it to talk about? It's clear that bids are being made for Zohore, Bennett is also in talks. Should we just pretend it's not happening?

It's almost inevitable that the squad will be attracting interest after our start - let's hope the Club have got decent, watertight contracts for all its most important players. In fairness to NW and team it appears Zohore does not have a get out clause which is great news. The issue now is how much it would take to prise Zohore away, and how much we might need the money as a club.

However, I'm now speculating against your wishes again. Would you like to give us all a list of things that meet your approval to be talked about, just so we don't get it wrong? Thanks in advance!

I'm hoping after last night Hughton thinks he can get better value from the continent!

[QUOTE=Penarth Blues;4770365]It's a messageboard about Cardiff City - what are you expecting it to talk about? It's clear that bids are being made for Zohore, Bennett is also in talks. Should we just pretend it's not happening?

It's almost inevitable that the squad will be attracting interest after our start - let's hope the Club have got decent, watertight contracts for all its most important players. In fairness to NW and team it appears Zohore does not have a get out clause which is great news. The issue now is how much it would take to prise Zohore away, and how much we might need the money as a club.

However, I'm now speculating against your wishes again. Would you like to give us all a list of things that meet your approval to be talked about, just so we don't get it wrong? Thanks in advance![/QUOTE

Waste of time me giving you a list because you will just ignore it. Negative anti Cardiff comments are the order of the day on here. You can say what you like and so can I. I am pointing out the blindingly obvious, to most people, that there are posters on here who dont give a fig about the club and spare no effort in doing it down and criticising whenever they can. All the talk about players leaving is all part of that, most of it based on fake news or fake 'sources close to the club'. For example, Warnock has continually stated that Zohore is not for sale and would only leave if he (Warnock) leaves or if he drops dead. You cant get much clearer than that but does it stop people saying he's definately going - no. The hysteria since the start of the season is now reaching fever pitch because we are winning and playing well and some people on here just cant take that.

[QUOTE=dml1954;4770515]
    It's a messageboard about Cardiff City - what are you expecting it to talk about? It's clear that bids are being made for Zohore, Bennett is also in talks. Should we just pretend it's not happening?

However, I'm now speculating against your wishes again. Would you like to give us all a list of things that meet your approval to be talked about, just so we don't get it wrong? Thanks in advance![/QUOTE

Waste of time me giving you a list because you will just ignore it. Negative anti Cardiff comments are the order of the day on here. You can say what you like and so can I. I am pointing out the blindingly obvious, to most people, that there are posters on here who dont give a fig about the club and spare no effort in doing it down and criticising whenever they can. All the talk about players leaving is all part of that, most of it based on fake news or fake 'sources close to the club'. For example, Warnock has continually stated that Zohore is not for sale and would only leave if he (Warnock) leaves or if he drops dead. You cant get much clearer than that but does it stop people saying he's definately going - no. The hysteria since the start of the season is now reaching fever pitch because we are winning and playing well and some people on here just cant take that.
    Point out to me where I have said he was going, or indeed where I have been negative about the club as I don't recall any of my posts being negative. I think you're reading into people's posts what you want to see rather than what is being said.

I've no idea why you are on this crusade against negativity as it doesn't exist on here at present as far as I can see - other than from Kris. All I see is people speculating about what might be, some of which is showing concern about certain events which might happen. This is part of what a messageboard is about isn't it?

[QUOTE=Penarth Blues;4770529]

Point out to me where I have said he was going, or indeed where I have been negative about the club as I don't recall any of my posts being negative. I think you're reading into people's posts what you want to see rather than what is being said.

I've no idea why you are on this crusade against negativity as it doesn't exist on here at present as far as I can see - other than from Kris. All I see is people speculating about what might be, some of which is showing concern about certain events which might happen. This is part of what a messageboard is about isn't it?
    What is negative about what I have said? You are being selective.

[QUOTE=Kris;4770530]

What is negative about what I have said? You are being selective.
    No offence meant, but you have had a problem with the club for many years now and can rarely bring yourself to say anything positive. That's your privilege and you articulate your views well. There are others who share your view of the world but you were the first one to come into my head who posts what I would consider 'negative' views from my viewpoint. It was meant to be light-hearted but I can see it doesn't come over that way.

Please accept my apologies - I try hard not to name individuals in my posts normally as making it personal it distracts from the argument.