+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Talk of Zohore being sold

Re: Talk of Zohore being sold

[QUOTE=Kris;4770530]
    Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post

What is negative about what I have said? You are being selective.
    Or calling a spade a spade

Cash in while we can I say - clearly Zohore has shot his bolt. After all, he's not scored for two games and on Tuesday he missed the sort of chance he's been putting away with no problems over the past six months. It's okay him running central defenders ragged for one hundred and eighty minutes, but that's just papering over the cracks - fact is, he hasn't scored during that time.

Let's sell etheridge as well he hasn't scored either

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Cash in while we can I say - clearly Zohore has shot his bolt. After all, he's not scored for two games and on Tuesday he missed the sort of chance he's been putting away with no problems over the past six months. It's okay him running central defenders ragged for one hundred and eighty minutes, but that's just papering over the cracks - fact is, he hasn't scored during that time.
    Totally agree.

Defenders and goalies have worked him out in a remarkably short time. Let him have the ball when it's launched upfield - let him cut in and shoot. It'll either be wild (born of frustration from missing a few shots) or low and glance off the goalies legs.

And he's obviously burnt out. Had no summer break playing for Denmark and has come back, knackered. Zohore is zonked!

His achilles heel is his propensity to be injured. We saw this in a couple of games at the tail-end of last season when he was crocked by some heavy tackles. Defenders will cotton on to this very soon and give him a hammering.

For a big man, his heading skills are woeful. Why does he drop back for corners? Have you ever seen him connect when the ball is swung in?

I think the word is that Zohore is a busted flush. That's actually two words - but they will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Totally agree.

Defenders and goalies have worked him out in a remarkably short time. Let him have the ball when it's launched upfield - let him cut in and shoot. It'll either be wild (born of frustration from missing a few shots) or low and glance off the goalies legs.

And he's obviously burnt out. Had no summer break playing for Denmark and has come back, knackered. Zohore is zonked!

His achilles heel is his propensity to be injured. We saw this in a couple of games at the tail-end of last season when he was crocked by some heavy tackles. Defenders will cotton on to this very soon and give him a hammering.

For a big man, his heading skills are woeful. Why does he drop back for corners? Have you ever seen him connect when the ball is swung in?

I think the word is that Zohore is a busted flush. That's actually two words - but they will do.
    The single word 'woosh' springs to mind.

Stumbled across these radar plots for Zohore on Twitter just now.
    I think the different metrics are scaled to show the values as a percentile of other players playing in a similar position. I.e. if that point on the chart is maxed out then that player is in the 95th percentile or higher of all players for that attribute.

Anyway, here's Ken's plot from last season.

IMG_20170817_083721.jpg

Not bad, especially considering for half the season he didn't look like a football player, and there were quiet games even during his good period.

Very low sample size, too low to be meaningful really, but...... here the same plot for this season.

IMG_20170817_083735.jpg

That is immense (against championship opposition), if his radar looks like that come the end of the season then there's no way he'll be playing for us.

That is definitely as stats bomb!

Lost me!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I saw him smoking crack behind ladbrokes an hour before the Sheffield united game. No wonder he didn't score..

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    That is definitely as stats bomb!

Lost me!
    Some explanation here
    http://statsbomb.com/2016/04/underst...s-and-muggles/

We've got Kennedy anyway to take his place

"Meanwhile Albion are keeping tabs on Cardiff striker Kenneth Zohore after Hughton watched him in action against Sheffield United on Tuesday.

The 23-year-old Dane has been on their radar for some time but a bid is not thought to be imminent."

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/15477664.amp/

Really don't think he'll be going anywhere this summer, Warnock has been insistent. If we get to January and he's matched what he did at the end of last season, then it might become more difficult. Even then, the fact he's scored some goals, would suggest that we're not doing too badly ourselves, so would hopefully restrict a sale.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    "Meanwhile Albion are keeping tabs on Cardiff striker Kenneth Zohore after Hughton watched him in action against Sheffield United on Tuesday.

The 23-year-old Dane has been on their radar for some time but a bid is not thought to be imminent."

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/15477664.amp/

Really don't think he'll be going anywhere this summer, Warnock has been insistent. If we get to January and he's matched what he did at the end of last season, then it might become more difficult. Even then, the fact he's scored some goals, would suggest that we're not doing too badly ourselves, so would hopefully restrict a sale.

I honestly think that he will be here next Summer & beyond that if we get promoted