+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Talk of Zohore being sold

Re: Talk of Zohore being sold

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Tan can recoup his money by having a manager that recruits wisely. Zohore cost nothing (I may be wrong). Maindez-Laing (judging him only by the goals I have seen this week) is the next. I can't see Tan being here beyond next season anyway.
    Who knows, if we manoeuvre ourselves towards the top end of the league again with minimal investment then Tan may well see us as worthwhile investing in again.
    To have spent any more on us at any time since relegation would have been throwing good money after bad.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I'd be very disappointed if Zohore goes, but if he has a buy-out clause then that's football as they say. If the club are just looking to cash in, then I doubt they will find someone with the same impact-making skills to replace him, certainly not within the next couple of weeks.

It's not as if he's been kicking around here for a few seasons. One good half season gone, he could reasonably be expected to see this season out. His value will at least be the same as now -maybe higher. Tan's only route to recoup some of his investment is promotion. If we sell Zohore now, the fans will def. be deflated, possibly the players, and our chances of play-offs severely lengthened.

Funny though, last night I said to my mate next to me that Zohore looked a tad dis-interested...
    I don't think it was disinterest rather frustration and disappointment.

His free kick and low curler in 2nd half were well saved and his miss of that one on one was only by a fraction and give credit to the keeper. He then tried "worldies" rather than better options. I suspect a few quiet words from NW after the game would have done the trick.

It's very likely there is a buy out clause. That's the point in getting him to sign a new contract. It protects the club's investment (I suspect his first contract did not have a clause as he was a rookie), he gets a wage boost and he knows he is not locked into a contract.
    Warnock has said there is no release clause in Zohore's contract but there is one in Bennett's.

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post
    I don't think it was disinterest rather frustration and disappointment.

His free kick and low curler in 2nd half were well saved and his miss of that one on one was only by a fraction and give credit to the keeper. He then tried "worldies" rather than better options. I suspect a few quiet words from NW after the game would have done the trick.
    Yeah, he got into decent positions. Don't see anything to worry about in his performance, as you say, keeper for them did well.

Tan can recoup his money by having a manager that recruits wisely. Zohore cost nothing (I may be wrong). Maindez-Laing (judging him only by the goals I have seen this week) is the next. I can't see Tan being here beyond next season anyway.
    Zohore cost Kortrijk (or however you spell it £1m) and if you believe transfermarkt, we bought him for 200k from them.

I thought his head dropped a bit last night. He's a confidence player, so although I don't mind him not scoring until the window shuts, I think he needs a goal or two against wolves. Maybe three.

Etheridge was top class last night, 3 clean sheets now. And onto the next one.

As above...👍

I can't stand Jim White. It's like he's talking to children all the time. Too animated for me.

The club still owe Tan a lot of money, and are still playing to sub 20,000 crowds.
    This logic make no sense whatsoever. The quickest way Tan will get his investment back is to get promoted, and the quickest way to do this is to keep our strongest squad.

I'd hope that the club will see the £200M PL money as a larger figure than the potentially £15M+ for Zohore.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I can't stand Jim White. It's like he's talking to children all the time. Too animated for me.
    Wrong thread

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    This logic make no sense whatsoever. The quickest way Tan will get his investment back is to get promoted, and the quickest way to do this is to keep our strongest squad.

I'd hope that the club will see the £200M PL money as a larger figure than the potentially £15M+ for Zohore.
    Not at all, that is a huge gamble and Tan's already learnt from his last gamble. Tan views the game simplistically, let's not forget that. I think he will think Zohore can be replaced cheaply.

Brighton's fans thoughts

http://www.northstandchat.com/showth...Kenneth-Zohore

"As a 4th striker we could do a lot worse"

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Brighton's fans thoughts

http://www.northstandchat.com/showth...Kenneth-Zohore

"As a 4th striker we could do a lot worse"
    Don't do it Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post

Spot on.
    Though.. that said, I still don't entirely have confidence that 'the Club' is through with making poor or unfathomable decisions.
    How would NW feel if Ken was sold against his own or his manager s wishes?
    What would be the effect on morale, support and attendances?

We have a beautiful thing brewing here. But it's a fragile thing. For certain.

Ken Choo followed Chris Hughton out of the ground last night when he left. Read into that what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Ken Choo followed Chris Hughton out of the ground last night when he left. Read into that what you will.
    Bless you.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Again, I've little doubt he'd take a pay cut to leave Hull. He'd probably walk on hot coals to leave there!

I just felt he didn't play well when we returned to the Championship. Mistakes were creeping in, felt we sold him at the right time as he wasn't the Marshall of old.

I just think the three keepers we have are pretty solid, good enough to do the job. It's not for me an area that's a priority to get someone new in.
    Agree with you mate. our keeper situation looks good. We do not need Marshall back.
    Spedger

How do you turn the subtitles on on Talk Radio?

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN View Post
    The rumour mill is in full swing.Buy out clauses,what if's,Tan in or out.Amazes me how negative people are.Hardly a fact to support any of the above.Seems we all woke up this morning with half empty glasses.Reading all this one could easily become a depressive!!!!1
    Not wrong there mate. Many negative noises coming through in some posts. IMO, if Zahore goes it will be down to Zahore's decision not the clubs.
    Spedger

Stay with Warnock, the man who made his career what it is today or go to Trollop who put him back a season?

Stay with a club that looks like it is going on an upward curve or to a team who look like they'll find it hard to survive in the PL?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Warnock has said there is no release clause in Zohore's contract but there is one in Bennett's.
    Best news all day! Then at least it is in our hands now...

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Best news all day! Then at least it is in our hands now...
    20million and he is gone. Unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPYS DEN View Post
    The rumour mill is in full swing.Buy out clauses,what if's,Tan in or out.Amazes me how negative people are.Hardly a fact to support any of the above.Seems we all woke up this morning with half empty glasses.Reading all this one could easily become a depressive!!!!1

If you can locate the CCFC Happyclappy MB, let me know...

In the meantime it's moaning on here or taking your chance at the other place...

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    If you can locate the CCFC Happyclappy MB, let me know...

In the meantime it's moaning on here or taking your chance at the other place...
    or bluebirdsmb.com :coat:

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    20million and he is gone. Unfortunately.
    Probably - but at least I'd be able to say 'told you so' to a load of doubters on here - including TLG

Seriously, I'm not sure how you replace someone like Zohore, even with that sort of money, if Scott Hogan went for £15M. All a bit concerning, but I'm going to pretend to myself that NW is correct and we're not going to sell him this season regardless of what is offered...