+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Talk of Zohore being sold

Talk of Zohore being sold

I know we are a business, but surely we don't need to sell players to pay the tea lady or the VAT man.

We don't need to sell to strengthen our squad.

So why would we sell, when it's fairly obvious that this team could get us up to the premier league?

I don't understand the rumours, unless the lad himself wants to go.

Re: Talk of Zohore being sold

Quote Originally Posted by My Name is Dave. View Post
    I know we are a business, but surely we don't need to sell players to pay the tea lady or the VAT man.

So why would we sell, when it's fairly obvious that this team could get us up to the premier league?

He'll have a buy-out clause I'd think, so we may not have any say in the matter. Seems the same as Bennett.

I'm more than a little worried right now as he's central to our whole revival.

Hopefully his profligacy in front of goal last night might have put hit suitors off, during this window anyway.

The way I see it is if some club is willing to pay £15-20m for him, then we can sell or we can have a £15-20m striker in our team, a player we would never be able to afford buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    The way I see it is if some club is willing to pay £15-20m for him, then we can sell or we can have a £15-20m striker in our team, a player we would never be able to afford buy.
    Or 3-4 5 million pound players

Was told by an impeccable source at the match last night that the Club turned down a bid of £10M for Zahore yesterday. Also told that Hull have offered David Marshall back to us on a free transfer. The offer was declined. I presume his wages are too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Silvers View Post
    Was told by an impeccable source at the match last night that the Club turned down a bid of £10M for Zahore yesterday. Also told that Hull have offered David Marshall back to us on a free transfer. The offer was declined. I presume his wages are too high.
    Marshall on a free? As you say, wages could be a problem but I suspect Marshall would fit into our wage bracket to get out of Hull.

Etheridge has done ok so far, Camp is a decent keeper, Murphy is a good number 3 keeper to have. I personally wouldn't take him back.

Abel Hernandez went off on a stretcher for Hull last night which will intensify the Zohore rumours.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Marshall on a free? As you say, wages could be a problem but I suspect Marshall would fit into our wage bracket to get out of Hull.

Etheridge has done ok so far, Camp is a decent keeper, Murphy is a good number 3 keeper to have. I personally wouldn't take him back.
    He's got another 2 years left on his contract though, so unless he's willing to take a massive paycut, I think we'd be priced out of the deal. I'd have him back though, I don't think we're in a position to turn down a player of his undoubted quality. Plus, if he does come here, it'll be for the right reasons not money.

Re Hernandez, I'd hope the club reject all bids from a fellow Championship club, regardless of the amount.

I presume that Marshall would have been on at least the same wage as Noone and Whitingham at Cardiff. Presumably he was on more at Hull. So with the current wage structure he would have to take a huge hit to come back.

Again, I've little doubt he'd take a pay cut to leave Hull. He'd probably walk on hot coals to leave there!

I just felt he didn't play well when we returned to the Championship. Mistakes were creeping in, felt we sold him at the right time as he wasn't the Marshall of old.

I just think the three keepers we have are pretty solid, good enough to do the job. It's not for me an area that's a priority to get someone new in.

Quote Originally Posted by My Name is Dave. View Post

The club still owe Tan a lot of money, and are still playing to sub 20,000 crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Warnock comes from the old school of spreading any money over a number of areas. Brighton may start offering really silly money if they clock up a few points and feel survival is a real possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    £5m players come with big wage demands.

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    Etheridge - doesnt he have 3 clean sheets in 3 league games ? - Im not sure what else he could do apart from shoot more when in front of goal
    Heart would love to see Marshy back, but as you say, Etheridge hasn't put a foot wrong, and pulled off a couple of great saves last night. Bear in mind he's not even supposed to be our number one keeper of course.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Heart would love to see Marshy back, but as you say, Etheridge hasn't put a foot wrong, and pulled off a couple of great saves last night. Bear in mind he's not even supposed to be our number one keeper of course.
    If the club has signed two 'keepers this summer, then it will not be in the market for any others. Even if Marshall's wages were being subsidised by Hull City, signing a third 'keeper would upset Camp or Etheridge or both.

Was going to start a thread about Zohore but will tag onto this one instead.

When he got subbed against Villa on Saturday I remarked at the time that he looked very 'dejected.' To a point I understood it as I thought he had played extremely well and utilised his pace and power to the maximum giving Villa's defence a torrid time. However, I guess he himself was gutted not to have scored himself after all the chances he had. I myself would've put that more down to their goalkeeper as at least all his attempts were on target.

However, after lastnight I think the situation in his own head (it's only 2 games after all without scoring) is definitely starting to effect him as he looked really dejected when subbed. For the first time in ages he actually scuffed an effort when one on one in the first half instead of keeping his head down and instinctively kicking through it. A couple of missed chances in the second half and their goalkeeper saving his free kick didn't help either.

It sounds daft, but as a collective our players form and confidence are building nicely, but for our centre forward the quicker he finds the back of the net the better as far as i'm concerned.

1. If Zahore is sold then we will be reduced to an average team. He is as unique a player as there is and is irreplaceable. If there is a buy out clause then it won't be IMO anywhere near the figures being bandied about. If there isn't and the club cash in, then that would be on a par with the Toshack error.

2. Etheridge was excellent last night. I would not drop him for Camp. City have Murphy who is decent. City do not need Marshall.

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post
    1. If Zahore is sold then we will be reduced to an average team. He is as unique a player as there is and is irreplaceable. If there is a buy out clause then it won't be IMO anywhere near the figures being bandied about. If there isn't and the club cash in, then that would be on a par with the Toshack error.

2. Etheridge was excellent last night. I would not drop him for Camp. City have Murphy who is decent. City do not need Marshall.
    You make a good point about the buy out clause and I would it was likely that there is one in the contract he signed in April - if there was one, you would think it was lower than £20 million. However, there have been statements from the club during the summer that any potential buyers need to be offering something like £15 million before we even consider selling, so you'd think that, if there is a release clause, it's not going to be lower than that.

Agree about Etheridge, he was interviewed after the match last night and said that Camp has had to have an operation - seems like he may be out for some time yet.

I'd be very disappointed if Zohore goes, but if he has a buy-out clause then that's football as they say. If the club are just looking to cash in, then I doubt they will find someone with the same impact-making skills to replace him, certainly not within the next couple of weeks.

It's not as if he's been kicking around here for a few seasons. One good half season gone, he could reasonably be expected to see this season out. His value will at least be the same as now -maybe higher. Tan's only route to recoup some of his investment is promotion. If we sell Zohore now, the fans will def. be deflated, possibly the players, and our chances of play-offs severely lengthened.

Funny though, last night I said to my mate next to me that Zohore looked a tad dis-interested...

If Zohore goes, it would almost certainly be because the club have received an offer they are happy with.

Maybe I'm being idealistic, but Warnock has turned Zohore's career around. I suspect right now Zohore may not want to risk going to another manager who may not have as much benefit for his career.

Maybe we could sell him for a large amount of money and get Gestede back...

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post

It's very likely there is a buy out clause. That's the point in getting him to sign a new contract. It protects the club's investment (I suspect his first contract did not have a clause as he was a rookie), he gets a wage boost and he knows he is not locked into a contract.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I'd be very disappointed if Zohore goes, but if he has a buy-out clause then that's football as they say. If the club are just looking to cash in, then I doubt they will find someone with the same impact-making skills to replace him, certainly not within the next couple of weeks.

It's not as if he's been kicking around here for a few seasons. One good half season gone, he could reasonably be expected to see this season out. His value will at least be the same as now -maybe higher. Tan's only route to recoup some of his investment is promotion. If we sell Zohore now, the fans will def. be deflated, possibly the players, and our chances of play-offs severely lengthened.

Funny though, last night I said to my mate next to me that Zohore looked a tad dis-interested...
    Tan can recoup his money by having a manager that recruits wisely. Zohore cost nothing (I may be wrong). Maindez-Laing (judging him only by the goals I have seen this week) is the next. I can't see Tan being here beyond next season anyway.

The rumour mill is in full swing.Buy out clauses,what if's,Tan in or out.Amazes me how negative people are.Hardly a fact to support any of the above.Seems we all woke up this morning with half empty glasses.Reading all this one could easily become a depressive!!!!1

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    It's very likely there is a buy out clause. That's the point in getting him to sign a new contract. It protects the club's investment (I suspect his first contract did not have a clause as he was a rookie), he gets a wage boost and he knows he is not locked into a contract.
    I don't think it is "very likely" that there's a release clause, they don't seem to be that common at this level, and none of us really know what is in their contracts.
    The new contract could just have been a wage rise to reflect that he's an important player these days