+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bogle one of three Wigan players being made to train away from first team.

Bogle one of three Wigan players being made to train away from first team.

Long, but interesting, thread here - very mixed views from Wigan fans, both on whether Bogle is more sinned against than sinning and how good he is.

http://www.wigan.vitalfootball.co.uk...33596&start=86

http://www.cockneylatic.co.uk/forum/...ransfer-listed

Re: Bogle one of three Wigan players being made to train away from first team.

I don't know much about Bogle, or Wigan for that matter, why doesn't he fit their style of play? Warnock has done well in the market thus far but is Bogle more effective than Fred?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I don't know much about Bogle, or Wigan for that matter, why doesn't he fit their style of play? Warnock has done well in the market thus far but is Bogle more effective than Fred?
    When he was with Portsmouth, Wigan manager Paul Cook favoured a build from the back, passing approach. If he's trying to do the same at his new club, then I can understand why he may feel that a target man type striker is not best suited to such an approach.

I saw Bogle play a few times for Grimsby in the Conference Play Offs and he was certainly good at that level in the season they made it back into the Football League. On that evidence I'd say he could be better than Fred for us - I'm okay with him coming here to be a squad player, but I'm sure we'd need better than him if we are talking in terms of a possible replacement for Zohore.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    When he was with Portsmouth, Wigan manager Paul Cook favoured a build from the back, passing approach. If he's trying to do the same at his new club, then I can understand why he may feel that a target man type striker is not best suited to such an approach.

I saw Bogle play a few times for Grimsby in the Conference Play Offs and he was certainly good at that level in the season they made it back into the Football League. On that evidence I'd say he could be better than Fred for us - I'm okay with him coming here to be a squad player, but I'm sure we'd need better than him if we are talking in terms of a possible replacement for Zohore.
    Perhaps it is indeed that. A replacement for Fred / Pilks.

Ben Fogle would be more effective than Fred

Who is talking about him being a possible replacement for Zohore apart from people speculating wildly on here & one or two others quite clearly stirring the pot? Only last week Warnock stated clearly that we were short of options up front, particularly with Healey being out injured for a while longer, so he would look to bring in someone if he could. Based on those comments, and with Zohore & Ward being our only fit strikers, signing Bogle makes perfect sense to add to our squad, not to replace anyone.

Personally I think that Zohore will not be sold this month & in all likelihood will be here until the end of the season. All the indications are that Warnock has made an agreement with him to stay with us this season & will sell him next Summer if Zohore wants to go & we get a realistic offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Ben Fogle would be more effective than Fred
    I reckon I'm better than Fred

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    I reckon I'm better than Fred
    We all said the same about Zohore but look how he turned out

1m reported! Ludicrous!

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    1m reported! Ludicrous!
    Is it? PNE want over £5m for Jordan Hugill. It'll also be based on targets such as goals, appearances etc. If a side top of the Championship want a striker, they'll have to pay decent money to get him.

At the moment, a dead slug appears to be more effective than Fred...

1m reported! Ludicrous!
    In what way?

Wigan paid £1.2 million for him last year so it's hardly ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    Who is talking about him being a possible replacement for Zohore apart from people speculating wildly on here & one or two others quite clearly stirring the pot? Only last week Warnock stated clearly that we were short of options up front, particularly with Healey being out injured for a while longer, so he would look to bring in someone if he could. Based on those comments, and with Zohore & Ward being our only fit strikers, signing Bogle makes perfect sense to add to our squad, not to replace anyone.

Personally I think that Zohore will not be sold this month & in all likelihood will be here until the end of the season. All the indications are that Warnock has made an agreement with him to stay with us this season & will sell him next Summer if Zohore wants to go & we get a realistic offer.
    Indeed, we're light on strikers that it's pretty obvious we need some depth given nobody seems to be emerging from DVP that can fill in. We've no "like for like" replacement for Zohore, by which I mean a target man type before some pedant claims I'm trying to say Bogle is as good as Zohore.

When fit, we then have four strikers, Zohore, Bogle, Ward and Healey - target man, backup target man, versatile striker able to cover other positions and pacy young striker, a nice enough mix.

I'd suspect Zohore would want to stay; Warnock's got the best out of him so he would know if that improvement continues his value would rise a lot - plus, if we get promoted then he's a Prem player even if he stays on further seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    In what way?

The fee was undisclosed, so could be anything really.

In what way?

Because slow lumpy target men are 10 a penny! In fact we just got rid of a decent one in Lambert.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    The fee was undisclosed, so could be anything really.
    It was widely reported as a seven figure sum, by the same people reporting that we're bidding £1m for him.

Because slow lumpy target men are 10 a penny! In fact we just got rid of a decent one in Lambert.
    I can't say I’ve seen a great deal of him but looking at his goals for Grimsby he hardly looks like the slow, lumpy target man you describe (that incidentally i also hate).

Players like Matt Smith, Philip Hofmann, Addte Nuihi etc. Useless lumps of shite

I can't say I’ve seen a great deal of him but looking at his goals for Grimsby he hardly looks like the slow, lumpy target man you describe (that incidentally i also hate).

Players like Matt Smith, Philip Hofmann, Addte Nuihi etc. Useless lumps of shite
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpLhdf89fbM

He isn't slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    It was widely reported as a seven figure sum, by the same people reporting that we're bidding £1m for him.
    50000.00 is a seven figure sum

It's all supposition, I've seen figures from £750k to £1.2m. A million is probably a good guess if you consider someone like Eoin Doyle was apparently £750k.

He certainly doesn't look slow based on that footage. Also what is noticeable is the wide variety of goals he scores i.e. headers, left foot, right foot, penalties, freekicks, inside box & outside box.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    He certainly doesn't look slow based on that footage. Also what is noticeable is the wide variety of goals he scores i.e. headers, left foot, right foot, penalties, freekicks, inside box & outside box.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8HA-Y7BxVI

Also, his first Championship goals here. A header at the back stick and a free kick. Skip to about 50 seconds.

Long, but interesting, thread here - very mixed views from Wigan fans, both on whether Bogle is more sinned against than sinning and how good he is.

http://www.wigan.vitalfootball.co.uk...33596&start=86

http://www.cockneylatic.co.uk/forum/...ransfer-listed
    Quite a few Wigan fans in those threads calling Bogle slow.

I remember a number of posters on this board were calling Zohore slow a year ago when he signed the permanent deal.

If Omar Bogle is as slow as Ken Zohore (and he signs) I will be happy.

In what way?

Didn't realize that, if we are paying that much for him then it makes me think he is more likely to be a replacement for Zohore as I really can't see us having upwards of 1 million for a back up

**** me, he's like Pelé!

Seems like our kind of player tbh, I just hope it's as well as and not instead of, Ken