+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bogle one of three Wigan players being made to train away from first team.

Re: Bogle one of three Wigan players being made to train away from first team.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    When he was with Portsmouth, Wigan manager Paul Cook favoured a build from the back, passing approach. If he's trying to do the same at his new club, then I can understand why he may feel that a target man type striker is not best suited to such an approach.

I saw Bogle play a few times for Grimsby in the Conference Play Offs and he was certainly good at that level in the season they made it back into the Football League. On that evidence I'd say he could be better than Fred for us - I'm okay with him coming here to be a squad player, but I'm sure we'd need better than him if we are talking in terms of a possible replacement for Zohore.
    All this speculation regarding Zohore seems to be emanating from message boards. Time to worry is if/when a confirmed bid comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Seems like our kind of player tbh, I just hope it's as well as and not instead of, Ken
    If Bogle is the player Warnock was talking about after Sheffield United he will be a 'hungry' squad player pushing for a start, not a replacement for Zohore.

It has been widely reported we have turned down £10m from Hull, from both Cardiff, Hull and national papers.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    If Bogle is the player Warnock was talking about after Sheffield United he will be a 'hungry' squad player pushing for a start, not a replacement for Zohore.

I totally agree. I just don't know why some on here are persisting with the Bogle replacing Zohore viewpoint as it is complete & utter rubbish. We are short on forward cover, that's why Warnock is looking to buy a striker. If we leave things as they are we will enter September with 2 fit strikers which is insufficient in such a demanding league.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    I totally agree. I just don't know why some on here are persisting with the Bogle replacing Zohore viewpoint as it is complete & utter rubbish. We are short on forward cover, that's why Warnock is looking to buy a striker. If we leave things as they are we will enter September with 2 fit strikers which is insufficient in such a demanding league.
    Well if Zohore does go then at least we now have something vaguely Zohore-shaped to take his place.

"Direct, quick, strong & can put myself about a bit" - Omar Bogle.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    All this speculation regarding Zohore seems to be emanating from message boards. Time to worry is if/when a confirmed bid comes in.
    There are confirmed bids and confirmed rejections of bids.