Id vote Bamba at the moment.

Ralls and Hoillett just behind.

Blue in the Face

Re: Player of the Season?

Any changes of opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Any changes of opinion?
    Weren't we unbeaten when Grujic has been on the pitch?

Only 2 candidates for me, Morrison & Hoilett.

Morrison for consistency and leadership

Hoilett for his game changing ability.

a shout for Etheridge for most improved / most under-valued player

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Only 2 candidates for me, Morrison & Hoilett.

Morrison for consistency and leadership

Hoilett for his game changing ability.

a shout for Etheridge for most improved / most under-valued player
    You can't leave Bamba out of the mix - He has been quite magnificent all season. Also, Ralls, but for his injury would be in there too - He has slotted back in like he had never been away.

Bennett has also been excellent all season and is probably the best left back we have had in a long time.

The great thing is are the number of contenders for player of the season. At least 6 if not more players that are worthy of consideration.

Any changes of opinion?
    Yes. Every single player is player of the season. All playing way above what I felt was possible. For me there’s an argument for Bamba, Morrison, Bennett, Ralls, Hoilett and for the first part of the season, Zohore.

If we do win next week, no way in a million years can any player get criticised and that includes Madine and to a degree Tomlin.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Yes. Every single player is player of the season. All playing way above what I felt was possible. For me there’s an argument for Bamba, Morrison, Bennett, Ralls, Hoilett and for the first part of the season, Zohore.

If we do win next week, no way in a million years can any player get criticised and that includes Madine and to a degree Tomlin.
    Agree. Also need to remember the fringe players who have played important parts and never let us down when called for. Including Anthony Pilkington, Greg Halford, Matthew Connelly, Loic Damour and Liam Feeney.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Agree. Also need to remember the fringe players who have played important parts and never let us down when called for. Including Anthony Pilkington, Greg Halford, Matthew Connelly, Loic Damour and Liam Feeney.
    Halford and Feeney were a major part of that 8 game win streak.

1. Morrison.
    2. Morrison.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Halford and Feeney were a major part of that 8 game win streak.
    Major part

I’d have it between Paterson, Hoilett and Morrison

Morrison gets my vote

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Major part
    Probably overstating it. However, they certainly helped hold things together at a time when we were rocked by injuries.

1) Morrison, been solid all year and is scoring some crucial goals in these last few games

2) Zohore

I’ve changed my mind a couple of times but it has to be Morrison for me. Best captain we’ve had in years.

1) Bamba

2) Morrison

Blue in the Face

Think player of the season should go to one of Bamba or Hoillet (11 goals and 11 assists in the champ).

Close behind Bennett, Ralls and Morrison (took a while to get up to the levels he's at now I thought)

Think player of the season should go to one of Bamba or Hoillet (11 goals and 11 assists in the champ).

Close behind Bennett, Ralls and Morrison (took a while to get up to the levels he's at now I thought)
    I reckon this is about right and, for me, Hoilett just ahead of Bamba.

Morrison. NQAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    You can't leave Bamba out of the mix - He has been quite magnificent all season. Also, Ralls, but for his injury would be in there too - He has slotted back in like he had never been away.

Bennett has also been excellent all season and is probably the best left back we have had in a long time.

The great thing is are the number of contenders for player of the season. At least 6 if not more players that are worthy of consideration.
    Ralls Morrison bamba and hoilet definitely 4 of them.

As much as I love Morrison and bamba there are probably other centre halves we could realistically get in this league who would find their best form under Warnock.

However not sure if we could sign anyone who could get 11 goals and 11 assists, and considering this dinosaur football (jokes) we play a 5ft 5 winger doing so well is pretty impressive so I’d have to say hoilett.

Plus I can imagine a Hudson or turner or roger Johnson or Darren purse being excellent under Warnock and they were all brilliant for us at times. However I’ve never seen us have a winger as consistent and effective as David junior hoilett.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by Blue blood View Post
    I reckon this is about right and, for me, Hoilett just ahead of Bamba.
    Etheridge and Paterson have both won us a fair few games too. Just shows the team is greater than the sum of it's parts...

Etheridge has to be in with a shout. He's been so reliable.

Morrison or Hoilett for me though.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Etheridge has to be in with a shout. He's been so reliable.

Morrison or Hoilett for me though.
    Think it shows how different this season has been to Malky's promotion year. Game after game Marshall was MOM and heavily relied on. But our defence has been so good this year that there has been games where Etheridge has has nothing to do. I would say Etheridge's kicking under pressure is excellent. Our CBs give him a hell of a lot of awkward pass backs!

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I’ve changed my mind a couple of times but it has to be Morrison for me. Best captain we’ve had in years.
    Best since Hudson.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Best since Hudson.
    Agree. Also you get the feeling that he’s every bit as important off the field as he is on it. Neil Warnock has certainly brought the best out of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Agree. Also you get the feeling that he’s every bit as important off the field as he is on it. Neil Warnock has certainly brought the best out of him.
    As he shows so eloquently in his what’s app videos.......