+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Replacement for Bennett?

Replacement for Bennett?

Greg Cunningham lined up to be the replacement for Joe Bennett if he leaves for Fulham.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...swoop-13484417

Re: Replacement for Bennett?

"Ironically, it is former Bluebirds chief Peter Ridsdale - the man who brought Tan to Cardiff in the first place - who acts as Preston's football advisor these days, so he will be involved in any transfer deal."

Cant say I know much about him but he sounds a Warnock type player. Tough tackling, commited, leader.

Hope Bennett doesnt go though

Always felt that Warnock not 100% sure about Bennett,although it will take a very decent player to replace him.

HITC reporting Preston have turned down a £2 million pound bid from us for Cunningham.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    HITC reporting Preston have turned down a £2 million pound bid from us for Cunningham.
    Yep, where's this money coming from all of a sudden for Cunningham and Bogle!!!!!!

From Bennett and Zohore presumably

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Yep, where's this money coming from all of a sudden for Cunningham and Bogle!!!!!!
    Cunningham's is coming from the sale of Bennett I suspect, and I'm guessing Bogle will cost us very little as a back-up striker who sounds as if he might have the right physical attributes but needs to prove he can raise his game to this level.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    From Bennett and Zohore presumably
    Probably just from Bennett, I'd guess, for those two. If KZ goes, i think Warnock would look to spend around 50% of sale proceeds on a replacement. Time running out though.

Hopefully, Ken appreciates who has got him here and sticks with us. I can't see him wanting to go to another Championship team, though, obviously a premier club may interest him.

Even though we have apparently made an offer for Cunningham on Tuesday, it doesn't mean Joe is definitely gone, I guess we could get the deal all lined up and cancel it if Joe decided to stay. As it would be very late in the transfer window if we had to start making enquiries now

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    "Ironically, it is former Bluebirds chief Peter Ridsdale - the man who brought Tan to Cardiff in the first place - who acts as Preston's football advisor these days, so he will be involved in any transfer deal."

We'll probably get him for £500,000 then if that fvck up has got anything to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill Stants brother View Post
    We'll probably get him for £500,000 then if that **** up has got anything to do with it.
    Nah - every player costs £5M from Uncle Peter...

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Cunningham's is coming from the sale of Bennett I suspect, and I'm guessing Bogle will cost us very little as a back-up striker who sounds as if he might have the right physical attributes but needs to prove he can raise his game to this level.
    IF you believe reports a bid of £2m was turned down for Cunningham and Bogle is around £800k.
    I'd put Bennet around £1m at best personally and would take Cunningham over him all day long!
    £500k for Noone maybe? Similar for Pilks? Or maybe they're both straight replacements

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    IF you believe reports a bid of £2m was turned down for Cunningham and Bogle is around £800k.
    I'd put Bennet around £1m at best personally and would take Cunningham over him all day long!
    £500k for Noone maybe? Similar for Pilks? Or maybe they're both straight replacements
    As I understand it, Bennett's buy-out clause is £2M.

Noone for Cunningham would be a good shout. Alex Neil was apparently a fan of Noone when he was at Norwich.

Please let Pilkington be involved in some swap deal....please.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    As I understand it, Bennett's buy-out clause is £2M.
    And a penny

Pretty sure Noone' will be gone by weekend.