+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wolves forum

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Wolves forum

https://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/index....ctions.198028/

"I'd play our 2nd team and give them the 3 points just to avoid losing one or more of our best players to a side built on Warnock's over-physical approach. 3 points is nothing compared to Jota or Neves missing a season."

Re: Wolves forum

Bookmarked for 5pm Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    https://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/index....ctions.198028/

"I'd play our 2nd team and give them the 3 points just to avoid losing one or more of our best players to a side built on Warnock's over-physical approach. 3 points is nothing compared to Jota or Neves missing a season."

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/cham...wettbewerb/GB2

I am genuinely starting to come to the conclusion that some teams are beaten before the start with Warnock's reputation for turning out tough physical teams. Will be interesting whether the apparent class of one or two of these Wolves foreign players will prevail, or whether they will go missing on Saturday.

Hopefully Gunnarsson will go through Jota and Neves like a hot knife through hot butter.

Despise Wolves more than any other team in the Championship.

Oh right, apparently because we've played crap teams they're going to smash us. I am truly hoping we put them to the sword now, give them a little reality check.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    They ought to look at the fair play league for 2016/17 for a more accurate reflection to be fair

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/cham...saison_id=2016

This will be a really interesting yardstick for where we're currently at.

On the positive side, it should suit our style of football as they will be looking to attack us in front of a home crowd, which should leave space for Animal, Zohore and Hoilett to exploit as they did against Villa.

On the negative side, they've spent a fortune this season and seem to be in really good form with some decent players. However, it sounds as if Hull are struggling a little bit this year too, so their win at Hull may not be as good a result as it first seems.

The only thing that would surprise me about this match would be if we were really well beaten, as I've not really felt that we've been opened up yet this season.

However, it's the Championship so anything could happen. Saturday would be a great day for Zohore to rediscover his shooting boots...

I've always hated Wolves and after reading their site it looks like they're even more deluded than the Villa fans

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    This will be a really interesting yardstick for where we're currently at.

On the positive side, it should suit our style of football as they will be looking to attack us in front of a home crowd, which should leave space for Animal, Zohore and Hoilett to exploit as they did against Villa.

On the negative side, they've spent a fortune this season and seem to be in really good form with some decent players. However, it sounds as if Hull are struggling a little bit this year too, so their win at Hull may not be as good a result as it first seems.

The only thing that would surprise me about this match would be if we were really well beaten, as I've not really felt that we've been opened up yet this season.

However, it's the Championship so anything could happen. Saturday would be a great day for Zohore to rediscover his shooting boots...
    Agree with all you say.
    That said, we should all know by now that the bit in bold is the very truest.

Theyve beaten 'boro, Derby and Hull this season. That's an impressive start.

Think we offer something different to most teams though. I don't expect us to have much of the ball, but a counter-attacking game should suit us.

Good early test but long way to go whatever happens.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Hopefully Gunnarsson will go through Jota and Neves like a hot knife through hot butter.
    Wouldn't hot butter be melted already?

They must be favourites for the league with the money they have spent so good yardstick indeed. Pity they had to become a Portuguese nonsense project to get there but I'm sure it will make their fans happy in the short term.

They have turned it around like us, but they have been really crap the last two seasons and under performed. I reckon we are the better team at the moment and I remember us going there in 87/8 when they were top and we were second, we won 4-1. That would be a nice result for us.

Some of my personal favourites from their forum:
    "Some trepidation here, which I don't understand. This is far more of an acid test for Cardiff than us, who have hitherto beaten also-rans and relegation fodder"
    "4-1 Wolves. Cardif put in their place and continue to drop down to midtable where they remain for the season."
    "We need to score at least one more goal than they score, and we shall take the 3 points."
    "Bring it on Warnock, you can't kick what you can't catch!"
    "However, look at whom they've beaten. No real great shakers amongst them. Cardiff's league position flatters them."

They know we beat Villa 3-0, right?

Anyway, they seem an optimistic bunch, and so they should be, they have a solid team and have spent well, it's going to be a tough test for us

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Anyway, they seem an optimistic bunch, and so they should be, they have a solid team and have spent well, it's going to be a tough test for us
    They haven't played a Neil team yet, welcome to British football!

International

They beat Hull 3 - 2 last night.

Hull drew with Villa.

We thrashed villa and should have scored 6 goals.

Early form doesn't mean much but where do they get their optimism from? The money they've spent?

Any win would be wonderful, and a fourth clean sheet will be a huge confidence boost for the team.
    Bring it on. I'd rather play them away early and let them worry about coming here later.

Some of their fans are clearly concerned about their ability to defend set pieces so this could be a great opportunity for us to exploit. With Whitts leaving I was a bit worried about our set piece delivery but must admit that I have been happy with what I have seen so far.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    They beat Hull 3 - 2 last night.

Hull drew with Villa.

We thrashed villa and should have scored 6 goals.

Early form doesn't mean much but where do they get their optimism from? The money they've spent?

Any win would be wonderful, and a fourth clean sheet will be a huge confidence boost for the team.
    Bring it on. I'd rather play them away early and let them worry about coming here later.
    They also beat Boro, luckily so I'm told , Boro were lucky to beat Sheff Utd, who we then beat comfortably.

It's fair enough to say they have beaten 3 decent sides, but stretching it a bit to say that makes them a far better side than us.

Early days all round, we have to keep our form going and will face potential player sales and injuries and they will have to prove that their Portuguese stars can cope with 46 league matches, 6 months of rain and 9 months of getting kicked around.

I still think Boro will end up on top.

Personally i think this is the worst time to play Wolves.

They have a lot of foreign players that will be full of confidence and happy playing in August.

The challenge for them will come in January amd February, will they be able to dig in then?

I believe we will if we're still up there.

Pretty much the same sort of comments as on the Villa forum before we played them then.

We have the tag of being overly physical due to being a Neil Warnock side judging from the postings i've read on this and Villas MBs, and perhaps deservedly so from the way he's set up in the past.
    It couldn't be farther away from the truth though because we have played some beautiful stuff, in the last couple of games especially.
    It's hardly surprising really as there has been very little TV coverage for anyone to get a clear picture of what we are all about. Long may the sparse coverage continue I say.

The one poster may have a point, all this speculation on Big Ken moving could well be unsettling, it may well affect his performances and is a concern.

This is one game and no matter who wins it, nothing will be decided regarding promotion.
    Mighty long season and loads of drama to come but that transfer window can't come soon enough!

"We need to score at least one more goal than they score"
    Who let the egg heads in

Confident bunch ain't they! Think they'll be surprised how dangerous we are attacking, and how solid we are at the back. Direct doesn't always mean long ball.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Personally i think this is the worst time to play Wolves.

They have a lot of foreign players that will be full of confidence and happy playing in August.

The challenge for them will come in January amd February, will they be able to dig in then?

I believe we will if we're still up there.
    I agree. When it starts pissing it down every week, they're playing 3 games in 7 days and they start getting lumps kicked out of them, then we'll see how good they are. I don't doubt they have the ability but we've seen a lot of foreigners struggle in the second part of the season after a good start.