+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wolves forum

Re: Wolves forum

I'd play Noone on Saturday. He always plays well against Wolves then we can sell him to them for £60 million!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Wouldn't hot butter be melted already?
    Popcorn

Wolves fan here. I come in peace. :)

Thanks for popping over to the forum! I trust you gather some of those predictions are posted "tongue-in-cheek", but nonetheless I guess we're both brimming with confidence given our illustrious starts to the campaign.

Just for the record, none of our wins were "lucky" including Boro, and it's probably down to the manner of our victories and the opposition we faced rather than the wins themselves that's given us that optimism some of you refer.

But I'm sure it will be a great game on the weekend, I can see you boys have had some cracking results as well, especially beating the Vile 3-0. NML looks like he was a great buy, former Wolf of course who was highly thought of in his youth but didn't quite cut it with us. I hope he has a great season for you!

And just so you're aware, there's a lot of vitriol aimed towards your esteemed manager, not Cardiff per se. Several years ago, he was heard shouting "break his legs" from the touchline to one of his neanderthal defenders, when Bully was clean through!! As you know, hurting a legend and one of our own family is sacrosanct - as I'm sure it would be if you were to hear an opposition manager shout something similar about Craig Bellamy. (Or maybe that was a bad example.....)

Anyway, hope you bring a lot of fans on Saturday, it should be a cracking atmosphere like usual, and hopefully a great game!

Best of Luck for the season (after Saturday!) ;)

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    We have the tag of being overly physical due to being a Neil Warnock side judging from the postings i've read on this and Villas MBs, and perhaps deservedly so from the way he's set up in the past.
    It couldn't be farther away from the truth though because we have played some beautiful stuff, in the last couple of games especially.
    It's hardly surprising really as there has been very little TV coverage for anyone to get a clear picture of what we are all about. Long may the sparse coverage continue I say.

The one poster may have a point, all this speculation on Big Ken moving could well be unsettling, it may well affect his performances and is a concern.

This is one game and no matter who wins it, nothing will be decided regarding promotion.
    Mighty long season and loads of drama to come but that transfer window can't come soon enough!
    Tag plays into our favour; teams expect and set up for a physical battering.

We just then play them off the park...

Funny how these things stick. Can't say we have been overly physical at all.

I'm far more impressed with how much pace we have on the counter.

I do laugh at football forums mind, spend a few quid and suddenly your team is playing like Guardiola's Barca. Be a good test and probably one of our toughest fixtures but we should go there confident.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfinsheepclothing View Post

Thanks for popping over to the forum! I trust you gather some of those predictions are posted "tongue-in-cheek", but nonetheless I guess we're both brimming with confidence given our illustrious starts to the campaign.

Just for the record, none of our wins were "lucky" including Boro, and it's probably down to the manner of our victories and the opposition we faced rather than the wins themselves that's given us that optimism some of you refer.

But I'm sure it will be a great game on the weekend, I can see you boys have had some cracking results as well, especially beating the Vile 3-0. NML looks like he was a great buy, former Wolf of course who was highly thought of in his youth but didn't quite cut it with us. I hope he has a great season for you!

And just so you're aware, there's a lot of vitriol aimed towards your esteemed manager, not Cardiff per se. Several years ago, he was heard shouting "break his legs" from the touchline to one of his neanderthal defenders, when Bully was clean through!! As you know, hurting a legend and one of our own family is sacrosanct - as I'm sure it would be if you were to hear an opposition manager shout something similar about Craig Bellamy. (Or maybe that was a bad example.....)

Anyway, hope you bring a lot of fans on Saturday, it should be a cracking atmosphere like usual, and hopefully a great game!

Nice of you to visit and quite a clever username you chose

Seems that both teams have cause for optimism after our starts. However I sense that you come here a little embarrassed by the thought of us reading your MB and noting that you seem to feel the league is there for you to take after just 3 games, I certainly would be.

That said it will hopefully be a good game and your players are as over confident as your fan base appear to be. I just hope that we are worthy of competing with your Portuguese flair over 90 mins after our lucky set of results of late. The vitriol we can handle, whoever its aimed at so we look forward to the best you have to offer. Just remember that after this game there are 42 more to come so the season will not be over just yet whatever result happens.

Thanks for popping-in.

Nothing wrong with a bit of optimism. Even if ultimately it proves somewhat deluded. My preference is to be pessimistic, but that's been quite hard so far this season.

Should be an interesting contrast in styles. But early days and just another game really innit.

I take it you never played Sunday League football then?

"Break is leg" is quite mild you are a sensitive lot up in the Black Country

Cardiff 3 - 0 wolves. I hope you enjoy watching us play some good football

Your first real test is on Saturday, don't forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I'd play Noone on Saturday. He always plays well against Wolves then we can sell him to them for £60 million!
    Given the silly money in football these days, We'd have to ask "is that all?"

Tongue-in-cheek? ... that "old chestnut", eh!

Well, I'm not sure how you can gauge from written text that it's tongue-in-cheek, therefore I will go with what I see in black & white text and that is many of your lot seem overly confident.

City have had 2 bookings so far in 3 games and each was debatable (Lee Mason showing the crowd that they have come to watch him not the football)

Cannot recall any City player making a cynical foul as inferred by the Wolves forum.

I think the 17 shots on average on goal is pretty indicative of Warnock playing offensive football.

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post
    City have had 2 bookings so far in 3 games and each was debatable (Lee Mason showing the crowd that they have come to watch him not the football)

Cannot recall any City player making a cynical foul as inferred by the Wolves forum.

I think the 17 shots on average on goal is pretty indicative of Warnock playing offensive football.
    I think NM-L's booking was fairly clear cut TBH but it was noticeable for being unusual in the way we'd been tackling up until then

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Your first real test is on Saturday, don't forget that.
    Likewise buddy ;)

I think our start - Boro home, Derby away, Hull away - note 2 away from home - I don't think any sane person would argue we haven't been tested so far. Given Cardiff's start however, I think this is certainly another strong test. Even given we're at home this weekend, I'll take 10 points from those first 4 games personally given your very strong start, clean sheets etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Tongue-in-cheek? ... that "old chestnut", eh!

Well, I'm not sure how you can gauge from written text that it's tongue-in-cheek, therefore I will go with what I see in black & white text and that is many of your lot seem overly confident.
    Potentially. Like I said, given the way we've played during those 3 games is maybe what is giving the cause for optimism at this stage, maybe also cos none of us were expecting 3 wins out of 3 with that tough start. Same way, I wouldn't begrudge you boys a bit of optimism either with 3 wins/clean sheets, and despite their poor results - you really did annihilate the Vile...

Let's see how it goes on Sat'dee... ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    Cardiff 3 - 0 wolves. I hope you enjoy watching us play some good football

I've gone for 2-2. And I'm pretty sure there will be good football on show.

It's clear that Warnock has a reputation - maybe some of it unfair - I'm sure even some of you are pleasantly surprised at the way you are playing. We had it with McCarthy - I was fully expecting hoof-ball all the time when he took charge, but it has to be said we played some good stuff under him at times. I do feel that we are a couple of levels above even that now with Nuno, it will be a fantastic test - modern/European style/inexperienced in England manager against one of the most experienced at this level and accomplished at getting teams promoted. Looking forward to seeing where you are at the end of the season...

They have Steve Bull as a folk hero

Forget Billy Wright and that game against Moscow Dynamo.....

They have Steve 'got me 'ead down' Bull.

For the record I lived near Wolverhampton for about 10 years. My favourite name was I A Wright.

No wonder Queen Vic would draw the curtains of her train carriage when passing thru - which is the best thing to do with W-ton....

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    Nice of you to visit and quite a clever username you chose

Seems that both teams have cause for optimism after our starts. However I sense that you come here a little embarrassed by the thought of us reading your MB and noting that you seem to feel the league is there for you to take after just 3 games, I certainly would be.

That said it will hopefully be a good game and your players are as over confident as your fan base appear to be. I just hope that we are worthy of competing with your Portuguese flair over 90 mins after our lucky set of results of late. The vitriol we can handle, whoever its aimed at so we look forward to the best you have to offer. Just remember that after this game there are 42 more to come so the season will not be over just yet whatever result happens.
    Cheers bluethrough. Clever username also! ;)

Indeed, it will be after 46 games where we will both see where we are, not on Saturday afternoon. I'm hoping that given that we have 3 Champions League players and players who've played at the highest level, that they're keeping their feet on the ground - unlike some of the supporters! I think both sets of fans can be forgiven a soupçon of optimism, no?

Best of Luck for the season

Counts for hardly anything at the moment of course, but we're jointly the best behaved team in the Championship with Sheffield United and Derby who have also had two bookings from three games, while Wolves are joint twelfth with five.

However, last season, while we were the fifth best behaved side in the Championship with sixty eight bookings (only Derby had less than us) and three sendings off, Wolves trailed in last but one (only Birmingham were dirtier than them) with ninety three yellows (the most in the division) and four reds.

Seems to me it's not a case of Wolves needing protection, more like us .

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/cham...saison_id=2016

Likewise buddy ;)

I think our start - Boro home, Derby away, Hull away - note 2 away from home - I don't think any sane person would argue we haven't been tested so far. Given Cardiff's start however, I think this is certainly another strong test. Even given we're at home this weekend, I'll take 10 points from those first 4 games personally given your very strong start, clean sheets etc...
    I don't think anyone is deluding themselves enough to think we're gonna go up to Wolverhampton and blow you away.

It's gonna be a very big test to see how far we have come and you have had a great start.

What i do think is that this maybe a very different test to what you have faced so far.

We have a superb team spirit and this has been reflected in the fact that a few of our player have turned down more lucrative contracts elsewhere to stay here and play for Warnock.

If you had to endure the shit we've had to put up with the last 3 years then you'll realise why we're so optimistic.

We're actually creating chances and being entertained!

As a football fan I'm looking forward to seeing what you're all about and whether Jota and Neves live up to the hype.

We're an honest team but we have bags of pace and power and considering how little our squad cost to assemble we are not short on ability either.

It will be an interesting clash of styles tomorrow. You'll obviously dominate the ball but we're a team that is happy to play without the ball.

Looking forward to the game tomorrow , you may get a wee surprise Mr Wolf . Can't underestimate Wolves , they have had good results and are receiving all the plaudits at the moment ,this is going to be a cracker of a game .
    Mr Wolf, Is there much to do in Wolverhampton, booked a hotel for the night fancy a wee wander about . Is that a pun !

Of all the teams forums I have viewed, I don't think I have ever seen such deluded comments. Either they are really good and in the wrong league or they are setting themselves up for serious disappointment.

Meltdown

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Meltdown
    You kicked us too hard

Stick that up your chuffa