+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apart from Gary Bell who else has been a really good orthodox left back for us?

Re: Apart from Gary Bell who else has been a really good orthodox left back for us?

I'll trump your Kevin Lloyd with Andy Kerr

Re: Apart from Gary Bell who else has been a really good orthodox left back for us?

Good shout

Gareth Bale did a good job when he was still a left back, it's a pity we got rid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    I'll trump your Kevin Lloyd with Andy Kerr
    You win

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Nobody since Gary Bell to be honest. Leggy was superb and Superkev's a legend but as good as Bell? Not a chance.
    I honestly didn't think you were that old.

My own favourite was Tony Vidmar. I thought he was great, as was Barker. I also like Super Ray Daniel. Bell, before my time.

Colin Sullivan was top quality but had injuries. i think we paid £60,000 for him back in 1978 and he left on a free after missing most of the next two seasons. Gary Bell was the best in my time, because he did it all in Division 2, but Damon Searle was good at a lower level and played about the same number of games as Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Colin Sullivan was top quality but had injuries. i think we paid £60,000 for him back in 1978 and he left on a free after missing most of the next two seasons. Gary Bell was the best in my time, because he did it all in Division 2, but Damon Searle was good at a lower level and played about the same number of games as Gary.
    Glad someone has mentioned Sullivan, Tony Vidmar was a quality player, who I'd love to have seen playing for us when he was younger, as well.

The title of the thread might as well have read... Name every left back anyone can ever remember

Colin Sullivan - but I'm biased as he gave me a stadium tour

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I always quite liked Freddie Pethard in the Evans/Alston/Anderson team of the mid 70s
    I agree,tough no frills Left Back.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    The title of the thread might as well have read... Name every left back anyone can ever remember
    Lol, yeah was thinking that myself. Half were orthodox right backs for starters Lyndon Jones, Delaney etc! Can't believe nobody remembered where Nathan Blake started his city career. Yes, left back!

Alf Sherwood-the best of them all.