+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apart from Gary Bell who else has been a really good orthodox left back for us?

Apart from Gary Bell who else has been a really good orthodox left back for us?

Delaney?
    Legg?

Re: Apart from Gary Bell who else has been a really good orthodox left back for us?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Delaney?
    Legg?
    Delaney was a right back.

Legg was good. I liked Damon Searle when he burst on the scene, replacing Super Ray Daniels.

Platnaeur was good, but lacked pace.

Re: Apart from Gary Bell who else has been a really good orthodox left back for us?

Mark Kennedy. He wasn't just a funny writer.

SuperKev had some great games on the left.

Clive Charles

No one in my view , Gary was top notch , and a lovely man to boot .

Did he play against Real?

Linden Jones

Quote Originally Posted by islandblue View Post
    Linden Jones

Chris Barker. Apart from being the hairiest man alive, he was player of the season in Jones' first year if memory serves

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCPhil View Post
    Did he play against Real?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0-TBn6A5w0

Gary makes the first pass to Bobby Woodruff

Peter Rodrigues, Alec Milne

Jimmy Mullen.

Nobody since Gary Bell to be honest. Leggy was superb and Superkev's a legend but as good as Bell? Not a chance.

Alan wright . All four foot of him

Paul Bodin was another but I don't think he was as good as Gary Bell.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Delaney?
    Legg?
    Kevin lloyd

I'm sure he was an okay-ish left back for us '96/97 season, when we reached the play-offs, during Hibbert's 'Reign of Terror'.

We lost to Northanmpton, home and away. Strangely for me, I seem to remember the away leg better than the home leg. Jeff Eckhart got set off, which meant we were doomed, Capt. Mainwairing.

I'm starting to waffle now. Not even sure Lloyd played left back? My mind is getting very forgetful, and at times players and seasons all jumble into one....

Can we just end this senesless thread , with this statemen

"""Gary Bell is the greatest left back we had or will ever have ""

He still works at the club , or was up until last year .

We should name a stand after him , hmmmm? Maybe not, BellEnd is a step (get it ) too far, sorry Gary could not help myself.

Basically a legend .

I was there

Kevin Lloyd is probably the worst left back I've seen play for us. Dark days.

Peter was a right back

Tony Capaldi.....

I'll get my coat

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Peter Rodrigues, Alec Milne
    Both right backs.

Martin john

I always quite liked Freddie Pethard in the Evans/Alston/Anderson team of the mid 70s