+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This Forum

This Forum

The last few days have been the busiest and the best this forum has been for a long long time.

Amazing what a bit of entertaining football can do

Re: This Forum

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    The last few days have been the busiest and the best this forum has been for a long long time
    great isn't it. So little stupidity.

Hopefully everyone will fall in line shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    great isn't it. So little stupidity.

Hopefully everyone will fall in line shortly.
    Hopefully everyone will remain in line , long term

It is great, as you say very little evidence of the stupidity that used to blight this board.

Yep, this may well go on for a little while longer, as long as we get at least a point at Molyneux.

I agree that the football discussion has been great but I must admit I do enjoy a bit of stupidity too.

Lately its been football with a sprinkling of non-football threads, as opposed to non-football threads with a sprinkling of football.

Just how a football forum should be and long may it continue

I think Mike laid down a marker a couple of weeks ago, and obviously the terrific start to the season has no doubt helped with the positivity. I just hope we dont blow it by selling Big Ken.

Also, it hasnt gone unoticed the improvement in the quality of football threads has coincided with the Colonel either being on holiday or he has semi-flounced.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Football with a sprinkling of non-football threads, as opposed to non-football threads with a sprinkling of football.

Long may it continue

I think Mike laid down a marker a couple of weeks ago, and obviously the terrific start to the season has no doubt helped with the positivity. I just hope we dont blow it by selling Big Ken.

Also, it hasnt gone unoticed the improvement in the quality of football threads has coincided with the Colonel either being on holiday or he has semi-flounced.
    Agree 100% with your first sentence, disagree with the last.

Lately its been football with a sprinkling of non-football threads, as opposed to non-football threads with a sprinkling of football.

Been great. Let's just keep talking about football and the threads have actually had good debates etc.

We need to keep Zohore, regardless of the price, we've finally got the good times back and we need to keep them as long as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Agree 100% with your first sentence, disagree with the last.
    Thats fair enough. I wouldnt expect any of the long term members to agree.

It just reflects the general levels of interest in the football stuff, when we are crap there are only so many football posts people want to read, now we are good again the world is our oyster.

If it wasn't for the other diverse topics and general nonsense then this board would probably die out during the quiet periods, or end up like the **** with a new post every few hours, instead of several a minute

I think that it is more down to a feeling of optimism & positivity which appears to be shared amongst the fans, the players & indeed Warnock. I think that the atmosphere generated by our fans at our 3 league games to date is a further indicator of this. I have noticed that one of the usual suspects has been doing his best to stir up negativity on here since the weekend but in general he is being ignored & his posts are being drowned out by lot's of good football chat. Long may it continue

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez;4770637[B
    ]I think that it is more down to a feeling of optimism & positivity which appears to be shared amongst the fans, the players & indeed Warnock. I think that the atmosphere generated by our fans at our 3 league games to date is a further indicator of this.[/B] I have noticed that one of the usual suspects has been doing his best to stir up negativity on here since the weekend but in general he is being ignored & his posts are being drowned out by lot's of good football chat. Long may it continue
    Absolutely.

There has been a great atmosphere at games so far. Even the group of gentleman d'un certain age, who sit near me who normally moan for 90 minutes have been happy so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    I think that it is more down to a feeling of optimism & positivity which appears to be shared amongst the fans, the players & indeed Warnock. :
    You mean it's nothing to do with that hog roast eating eejit?

^^^^ This 100%

No Thread Spoiling insight

The increase in football posts makes the Colonel even more irrelevant - what with him having just the basic interest in football (not knocking that, but he does seem to think we are all logging on here for his witticisms).

What's with all the hate towards the colonel?
    If we've learned anything from the last couple of weeks it's that the agenda is largely driven by the football we watch and set by the people who post.
    Don't like stupid threads? Ignore them.
    Only want football threads? Start some

What's with all the hate towards the colonel?
    He is your friend.
    We get it.

fact is
    Colonel derails or spoils Football threads with unfunny childish posts

Quote Originally Posted by James fox View Post
    He is your friend.
    We get it.

fact is
    The Colonel's been a valuable and valued contributor to this board for years. You've been on here for 5 minutes.

I'm still looking forward to seeing you post something that's interesting and not just criticism of someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by James fox View Post
    He is your friend.
    We get it.

fact is
    I've never met the guy. I just don't like the way a few Johnnie come latelys seem hell bent on bullying him off the message board.

If I could be arsed, I'd go through his posts compared you yours, but I'm willing to bet that in amongst the jokes, he's made more sensible football posts than you have.

I like the Colonel too.

I often disagree with him (especially when he's linking to breitbart news or getting all free-speech libertarian on us) but most of the time he is funny and helps to make this board an enjoyable place to be.

(I hope the cheque is now in the post, Colonel. Pounds sterling or euros please - I don't do bitcoin)

I've never met the guy. I just don't like the way a few Johnnie come latelys seem hell bent on bullying him off the message board.

If I could be arsed, I'd go through his posts compared you yours, but I'm willing to bet that in amongst the jokes, he's made more sensible football posts than you have.
    Hes made 26k posts hes bound to have made a handful if youve got a few spare weeks to scroll through them 1 by 1

Give Croesy his bullying card back you wet weekend. Were all entitled to our opinions wether weve been here 5 minutes, or 5 years.

Hes made 26k posts hes bound to have made a handful if youve got a few spare weeks to scroll through them 1 by 1
    As I've said before, others have probably posted just as many under their various reincarnations.

So far I've yet to see James Fox contribute anything

Were all entitled to our opinions wether weve been here 5 minutes, or 5 years.
    I agree. And I wait with baited breath for James Fox's first meaningful post

I agree. And I wait with baited breath for James Fox's first meaningful post
    At a guess 'James Fox' is just a multi account