Thread: Greg Cunningham

Greg Cunningham

Bid made according to the beeb.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40950874

Re: Greg Cunningham

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Bid made according to the beeb.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40950874
    How good is it to finally see transfer clauses inserted into our player's contracts?

I remember the very dark days of the mid 80s and beyond where anything remotely resembling talent could be plucked away for absolute peanuts as we were always so desperate.

I'm thinking of Nathan Blake and Ramsey in particular here, but Toshack must also fall into that category.

Been turned down (Sky sports)

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Been turned down (Sky sports)
    Preston fans reckon he's worth 10 million and that there's no chance we'll get him.

http://www.pne-online.net/forum/show...ngham-(again)&

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Preston fans reckon he's worth 10 million and that there's no chance we'll get him.

I thought you were taking the piss then mate but you're right the do think they could get £10-12.5 million for him! I think they're being a tad naive

It looks like Preston fans rate him highly but even in this inflated market £10m plus seems way ott.

I suppose our budget will be determined by how much we get for Joe Bennett although I am not convinced that he will leave unless Fulham offer him a lot more money than we are paying him. That may not be that easy as I suspect that he is on very good money with us bearing in mind he was on a premier league contract when we signed him & also I get the impression that Joe is settled here & is enjoying his football.

£10m probably is ott, end of the day we're after their first choice left back, their captain.

If Preston offered £2m for Morrison, we'd be ridiculing it too.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    £10m probably is ott, end of the day we're after their first choice left back, their captain.

If Preston offered £2m for Morrison, we'd be ridiculing it too.
    Fair point.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Fair point.
    Centre backs are worth more than full backs though, especially goal scoring centre backs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Centre backs are worth more than full backs though, especially goal scoring centre backs.
    Left backs who are left footed have their value pushed up though; more right footed players than lefties around.

Point is still that people here would complain about players being sold on what they perceive is the cheap, so Preston fans are entitled to feel the same.

HAPPY DAYS

Left backs who are left footed have their value pushed up though; more right footed players than lefties around.

Point is still that people here would complain about players being sold on what they perceive is the cheap, so Preston fans are entitled to feel the same.
    Of course fans have a right to feel that way but it doesn't mean that the deal won't happen.

I don't believe Warnock would have offered if he didn't have any inclination that it may happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post

You have not factored in the his buy out maybe of 550k and the face his dream is to pal for the City ,he wants out of the dark drunkenness of the North,and Neil has been on the phone .

Or his agent has an eye on a new car and the 10% fee coming his way .

Anyway we got Greg Halford

As a left footed, left back I know what you mean. Always get in the team .

I think if we can get Cunningham, I'd be very happy. He's a bit taller than Bennett which Warnock likes and PNE fans speak very highly of him.

Though my memory is a bit vague, I'm sure he had a stinker against us a few years ago for Bristol City at Trashton Gate

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Though my memory is a bit vague, I'm sure he had a stinker against us a few years ago for Bristol City at Trashton Gate
    Clearly hated being in Wurzel land, and who can honestly blame him?

Like Tomlin, players only play well for them so they can leave.