+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A level results day.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: A level results day.

Quote Originally Posted by Watcliff View Post
    I've done a masters in psychology whilst working full time and well on the way to achieving my doctorate.
    Cura te ipsum

Obviously some people disagree but I'm an advocate of life long learning and not just the lazy time off University approach. You find students coming out of University in younger life just do not have the interpersonal skills required. Again, they have memorised subject matter and regurgitated it in exams. In my company I employ people who, even in their 40's and 50's are still achieving high levels of qualifications, not even thinking of selfish,scrounging retirement. These are my best workers without a doubt. University graduates with good memories?? No thanks, vocational qualifications whilst working?? Yes please, every single time.

some interesting replys regarding university and like tomcat my daughter got rejected at swansea university and university of south wales for a type of nursing degree so she has decided on a different career path going down the apprenticeship route . makes you wonder when NHS in Wales is critically under staffed they turn down bright individuals . what the hell is going on in the recruitment area of the NHS ?? why don't they use the vocational / apprenticeship route like most other industries ? watcliff is partly right alot of young people would be better off choosing the vocational route to start there careers and in the future perhaps go to uni with solid experience behind them . come to think of it that's what i did !

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    some interesting replys regarding university and like tomcat my daughter got rejected at swansea university and university of south wales for a type of nursing degree so she has decided on a different career path going down the apprenticeship route . makes you wonder when NHS in Wales is critically under staffed they turn down bright individuals . what the hell is going on in the recruitment area of the NHS ?? why don't they use the vocational / apprenticeship route like most other industries ? watcliff is partly right alot of young people would be better off choosing the vocational route to start there careers and in the future perhaps go to uni with solid experience behind them . come to think of it that's what i did !
    Thanks Mozza