Thread: A level results day.

Re: A level results day.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Like you'd know
    Hes got a masters degree in being a tw@t

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    You can't buy memories I am afraid.

And University has 1,2,3 + years of some of my best. And what I imagine will be her best.

Although you will find the people that tend to drink a lot will have this opinion.

If you find the perfect mix of working/going out happy days.

I massively failed at finding that mix.
    Uni ain't about working and going, you can do extra curricular. Uni as well as moving to a big city got me doing me in terms of music, poetry and politics, including speaking in public at rallies in campus and meeting top politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by Watcliff View Post
    A levels are passed through revising and memory. Nothing else.
    But with uni, you would have to write a personal statement and extra curricular activities are accounted for too

I've done a masters in psychology whilst working full time and well on the way to achieving my doctorate.

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    Uni ain't about working and going, you can do extra curricular. Uni as well as moving to a big city got me doing me in terms of music, poetry and politics, including speaking in public at rallies in campus and meeting top politicians.
    I'm guessing you're not an English Student.....

Quote Originally Posted by Watcliff View Post
    I've done a masters in psychology whilst working full time and well on the way to achieving my doctorate.
    Cura te ipsum

Obviously some people disagree but I'm an advocate of life long learning and not just the lazy time off University approach. You find students coming out of University in younger life just do not have the interpersonal skills required. Again, they have memorised subject matter and regurgitated it in exams. In my company I employ people who, even in their 40's and 50's are still achieving high levels of qualifications, not even thinking of selfish,scrounging retirement. These are my best workers without a doubt. University graduates with good memories?? No thanks, vocational qualifications whilst working?? Yes please, every single time.

some interesting replys regarding university and like tomcat my daughter got rejected at swansea university and university of south wales for a type of nursing degree so she has decided on a different career path going down the apprenticeship route . makes you wonder when NHS in Wales is critically under staffed they turn down bright individuals . what the hell is going on in the recruitment area of the NHS ?? why don't they use the vocational / apprenticeship route like most other industries ? watcliff is partly right alot of young people would be better off choosing the vocational route to start there careers and in the future perhaps go to uni with solid experience behind them . come to think of it that's what i did !

I'm guessing you're not an English Student.....
    you can easily guess what I study

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    some interesting replys regarding university and like tomcat my daughter got rejected at swansea university and university of south wales for a type of nursing degree so she has decided on a different career path going down the apprenticeship route . makes you wonder when NHS in Wales is critically under staffed they turn down bright individuals . what the hell is going on in the recruitment area of the NHS ?? why don't they use the vocational / apprenticeship route like most other industries ? watcliff is partly right alot of young people would be better off choosing the vocational route to start there careers and in the future perhaps go to uni with solid experience behind them . come to think of it that's what i did !
    Thanks Mozza

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    you can easily guess what I study
    Joint honours, politics and the "music" of Kanye West ?

Joint honours, politics and the "music" of Kanye West ?
    I wish there was a course in the music of Kanye West. I would have done a PhD in that already and would be a professor