+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What Wolves fans are saying

What Wolves fans are saying

Re: What Wolves fans are saying

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Opera says it's a dodgy site!

Oh, shock. More comments saying we will have one tactic, to kick lumps out of them.

It's great, I hope everyone underestimates us a football side.

Quote Originally Posted by My Name is Dave. View Post
    It's great, I hope everyone underestimates us a football side.
    This.

Although I think the opposition managers are bit more savvy than their supporters.

I'm quite enjoying being written off and then sticking it to them.

Some interesting comments

Just read this comment on a Cardiff board. I suppose it's fair to assume certain things about an opposition team, as I highly doubt whoever this Cardiff fan is has seen a single minute of us this season. But he's in for a surprise if he thinks we'll "play in to their hands" and they'll be able to "hit us on the break". We're playing with three central defenders. Hull's goals came from a corner (via a deflected shot) and a dodgy penalty. I can't remember a single occasion this season where a team has looked even remotely close to hitting us "on the break".

I was also disappointed to read that they've only sold 1,310 tickets (Allocation 2,500). With their decent start and it being an early season top of the table clash, I thought they may have sold out.

The way that we are set up with the three central defenders and two centre midfielders is what makes it hard for teams to counter attack us. In fact, I think that is the whole point of the system. Dominate the game but also limit the chance for teams to break on you.

Been watching highlights of Cardiff's matches so far. In all of the matches, they've faced teams that have backed off them as they've made runs forward, allowing them to get shots in. If they think they're going to get that much time on the ball on Saturday, they're in for a shock. They also seem pretty vulnerable to fast counter-attacks themselves, once they've pushed up - their fullbacks look kinda iffy to me.

That said, they do look good at set pieces. That's my only worry for this match

They'll play a 3-4-3 and try to dominate the ball. Our 35% possession will shrink even further tomorrow but we must use the ball well when we have it.