+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New Transfer Rumours

New Transfer Rumours

A couple of weeks ago I'm sure I read somewhere that NW was happy with the squad and that there'd be no more players coming in, so what's changed?

Is it

1. Tan watching the Villa game and deciding to open his wallet on the back of that?
    2. NW playing mind-games?
    3. We're about to lose a couple of players?
    4. All of the above?

Re: New Transfer Rumours

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    A couple of weeks ago I'm sure I read somewhere that NW was happy with the squad and that there'd be no more players coming in, so what's changed?

Is it

1. Tan watching the Villa game and deciding to open his wallet on the back of that?
    2. NW playing mind-games?
    3. We're about to lose a couple of players?
    4. All of the above?
    We're going to lose Bennett I think, and even though he's said he's happy with his squad, he's said before managers always want 1 or 2 more. I think we need to shift SOK, Noone, John etc first.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We're going to lose Bennett I think, and even though he's said he's happy with his squad, he's said before managers always want 1 or 2 more. I think we need to shift SOK, Noone, John etc first.
    And Pilkington

He said the other night he wanted to add someone who was willing to bide their time as a squad member and be hungry to break into the team. I think that may be Bogle. I dont see Bogle as being Big Kens replacement should he leave but rather an option along with Ward should Ken get injured.

I think hed like one more option in centre mid and anyonelse we bring in will be like for like ie: Cunningham for Bennett.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    And Pilkington
    Good point, in a roundabout way, Bogle replaces Pilks, as Ward takes Pilks' role and Bogle takes Ward's. I think that makes sense...

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He said the other night he wanted to add someone who was willing to bide their time as a squad member and be hungry to break into the team. I think that may be Bogle. I dont see Bogle as being Big Kens replacement should he leave but rather an option along with Ward should Ken get injured.

I think hed like one more option in centre mid and anyonelse we bring in will be like for like ie: Cunningham for Bennett.
    Hope you're right

Do you reckon they could play alongside each other or are they too similar?

Him and Ken up front, with NML and Junior bombing forward, supported by Ralls/Tomlin would be entertaining!

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Hope you're right

Do you reckon they could play alongside each other or are they too similar?

Him and Ken up front, with NML and Junior bombing forward, supported by Ralls/Tomlin would be entertaining!
    We'd need Ken to play off Bogle I think, would take too much away from Zohore's game the other way around.

I'd rather the front 3 we have now, as if we played a 2, Hoilett and NML would have to do more work the other way. Not saying it couldn't work although I wouldn't tamper too much with the way we're attacking right now!

We'd need Ken to play off Bogle I think, would take too much away from Zohore's game the other way around.

I'd rather the front 3 we have now, as if we played a 2, Hoilett and NML would have to do more work the other way. Not saying it couldn't work although I wouldn't tamper too much with the way we're attacking right now!
    Cheers

I wonder if NML could be used upfront. Hes certainly got the size for it and so far looks a decent finisher.

Yeah I agree with this but defo an option off the bench if we were chasing the game and putting high balls in the box.

I'll start a new rumour. Australian left back playing for Rosenberg Alex Gersbach.
    Highly rated, and they've signed another left back this season