+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Confirmed: Omar Bogle signs for Cardiff City

Re: Confirmed: Omar Bogle signs for Cardiff City

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post

You also said in the thread that he is better than any striker we have.........are you still of that view??

If he is back up to Zohore this is a very good bit of business.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    You also said in the thread that he is better than any striker we have.........are you still of that view??
    Nope .... no-where near Ken's current potential.

Everytime I've seen Bogle play he's a nuisance and occupies centre-halves, coupled with the occassional stunning goal. I think he's a great option for the last 1/4 of a game when defenders start to flag.

I think our fans will enjoy the moan fest, in the style of Kenwyne or Rudy but I have more faith in NW getting the best out of him than his predecessors

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...gle-from-wigan

Cardiff have signed forward Omar Bogle from Wigan.

Sky Sports News understands the Bluebirds have paid an initial £700,000, although the fee could rise to £1m subject to appearances and promotion.

The 24-year-old has penned a three-year deal with the Sky Bet Championship club.

"I know how big this club is and the direction that we want to go in. I spoke to the gaffer (Neil Warnock) and was excited by his plans," Bogle told Cardiff's website.

"I've got pace, work rate and I want to entertain the fans. I'm excited and looking forward to scoring goals."

Bogle, who scored three goals for Wigan after arriving from Grimsby in January, becomes manager Neil Warnock's ninth signing of the summer transfer window.

Warnock added: "I like his enthusiasm. He's raw, he's similar to Mendez-Laing in some respects, and he's got desire.

"With the right guidance and the right players we can bring the best out
    of him."

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    If he is back up to Zohore this is a very good bit of business.
    I'm certain that he is back up & at a guess I would say that we have used the money from the sale of Saadi to fund this deal. I was critical of Warnock for letting Saadi go so I am pleased to see us sign a striker with potential. He seems to have the attributes to be a success so can't wait to see him play for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Nope .... no-where near Ken's current potential.

Everytime I've seen Bogle play he's a nuisance and occupies centre-halves, coupled with the occassional stunning goal. I think he's a great option for the last 1/4 of a game when defenders start to flag.

I think our fans will enjoy the moan fest, in the style of Kenwyne or Rudy but I have more faith in NW getting the best out of him than his predecessors
    We certainly need another striker option so glad to see Omar on board & based on how players have developed under our current management (I include Jepson & Blackwell in that as well as Warnock) I am confident that they can help him to make the step up just like Ken, Mendez-Laing & Damour have.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a run out in the cup v Burton on Tuesday which would be good.

I just wish we still had a Jazzi Barnum Bobb as well as an Omar Bogle

He knows how to score

Seems like a really good bit of business to me.
    Looks like a very decent back up and more importantly we aren't completely exposed to losing Zohore.
    It would still be a massive miss don't get me wrong, but before this, if we had lost him at 9pm on transfer deadline Day for instance then we would be completely ****ed. We would have to change our system completely.
    Not only that but if we are shopping for strikers having sold Zohore and we have £15 million in the bank then the price would be inflated hugely as they would know they have us over a barrel.
    This would give us a bit more room for manoeuvre.

This is incase zohore goes

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    This is incase zohore goes
    Or more accurately down to the fact we're light on strikers with Healey injured and have no-one who can play the Zohore target man role.

This is not good business imo. We will be his third club in 4 seasons and he could not get in a failing Wigan side last season.

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    This is not good business imo. We will be his third club in 4 seasons and he could not get in a failing Wigan side last season.
    A cracking bit of business,he has the potential to do really well for us.

Bonkers

I believe that Warnock knows his stuff and will work his magic where others fail. Good signing in my opinion.

Glad my glass is half full rather than half empty, all the time.

He got 3 goals in a terrible team, if you've seen him play you'll know he's got talent just needed a good team around him and some decent coaching.

Heisenberg

"his third club in 4 seasons" makes it sound like a bad thing. He signed for Grimsby and then Wigan because he was playing out of his skin.

Also, he missed 5 of Wigan's 19 games after signing in January. Is that what constitutes "not getting in a failing Wigan side"?

Banned

What NW has brought to CCFC is some of the best scouting men in the league.
    Hopefully another diamond unearthed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    What NW has brought to CCFC is some of the best scouting men in the league.
    Hopefully another diamond unearthed.
    You are correct.

Are you on the payroll of this board or something , as the negetivity you post must surely be to generate replies ?

Comparisons to NML? There is no way Warnock would do that unless NML had made a good start. Quite the compliment really.

We also have the option of throwing him on either to take on a defence which has just been run ragged by big Ken or even more frightening alongside big Ken.

It's also shrewd in that if an unbelievable offer comes in for Big Ken or if Big Ken gets injured then we have at least one similar style striker to turn to.

And one final thing, to me he seems exactly the sort of rough diamond that Warnock can polish into a shiny jewel :thumbup;

****ing hell you must be a joy to be around