+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Confirmed: Omar Bogle signs for Cardiff City

Re: Confirmed: Omar Bogle signs for Cardiff City

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    We also have the option of throwing him on either to take on a defence which has just been run ragged by big Ken or even more frightening alongside big Ken.

It's also shrewd in that if an unbelievable offer comes in for Big Ken or if Big Ken gets injured then we have at least one similar style striker to turn to.

And one final thing, to me he seems exactly the sort of rough diamond that Warnock can polish into a shiny jewel :thumbup;
    Zohore has played 3x90 mins in the space of 10 days. I don't think there will be many in the championship who can say that and even fewer that will likely play a further 90 mins this weekend. Even if it's a 10 mins break a game without changing our attacking style too much it could be a good signing for the overall picture.

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    This is not good business imo. We will be his third club in 4 seasons and he could not get in a failing Wigan side last season.
    Learn from your mistakes, you slagged NML off when we acquired him for free. Warnock has signed some gems this season, Damour, Etheridge and NML. Compare those to the garbage your hero signed .
    I have every faith Bogle will prove to be a shrewd purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by JKB View Post
    Learn from your mistakes, you slagged NML off when we acquired him for free. Warnock has signed some gems this season, Damour, Etheridge and NML. Compare those to the garbage your hero signed .

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Or more accurately down to the fact we're light on strikers with Healey injured and have no-one who can play the Zohore target man role.
    Do you see him sitting in Ward's position on the bench? I don't.

I wasn't overly excited about Ward coming in but watching his movement and link up play when he has been on this season has been a treat

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    Do you see him sitting in Ward's position on the bench? I don't.

I wasn't overly excited about Ward coming in but watching his movement and link up play when he has been on this season has been a treat
    Ward covers a number of positions, not just Zohore though. It's not for me an either or between Ward and Bogle for a bench spot. Both will be amongst the subs.

Can easily throw Bogle on for Zohore late in games against tired defences. Can throw him on alongside Zohore to cause chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    Me Goal Orb

Be Glamoro
    Go Male Bro
    Oo Mr G Bale

Perfect outing for him against Burton next week

International

Re: Omar Bogle set for Cardiff City arrival?

Quote Originally Posted by James fox View Post
    £1 Mill is pricey for a player that is being bombed out of the club

A always from me 100% support for the player
    Sorry, I couldn't help it!

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Ward covers a number of positions, not just Zohore though. It's not for me an either or between Ward and Bogle for a bench spot. Both will be amongst the subs.

Can easily throw Bogle on for Zohore late in games against tired defences. Can throw him on alongside Zohore to cause chaos.
    I also think he'll have both on the bench.
    Pilkington will probably make way, which for me is a shame as I still rate him.

Pilkington is total pants, as demonstrated recently. He was AWFUL against Portsmouth.

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    Pilkington is total pants, as demonstrated recently. He was AWFUL against Portsmouth.
    That game was probably not a good reflection on his current skill level, but I agree we don't need people with that kind of attitude anywhere near the first team

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    That game was probably not a good reflection on his current skill level, but I agree we don't need people with that kind of attitude anywhere near the first team
    Pilks and O'Keefe strangely under Slade did show great determination an attitude ?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    He got 3 goals in a terrible team, if you've seen him play you'll know he's got talent just needed a good team around him and some decent coaching.
    He couldnt get in wigans team

Surely you know enough about football to know that it doesn't always work in the way you suggest.

Zohore couldn't get in our team when we were utter garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    Are you on the payroll of this board or something , as the negetivity you post must surely be to generate replies ?
    Do you think i would work with choo and delhman for VT !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JKB View Post
    Sorry i thought malone was now in the prem?

1mill plus for a player to sit on the bench is money we just dont have. That kind of consideration maybe beyond some on here????

1mill plus for a player to sit on the bench is money we just dont have. That kind of consideration maybe beyond some on here????
    Who said he'll purely sit on the bench? Can rest Zohore if needed. For some games play alongside Zohore. Can change games off the bench.

1m for a striker who knows where the net is, power pace and size is a decent fee.

Is that beyond you?

Sorry i thought malone was now in the prem?
    Yeah, sitting on the bench. If he ever manages to play he will be garbage just as he was in the cup last season against Spurs.

£1 million on "one for the future" is better than some of our past business

He could until he was injured

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    £1 million on "one for the future" is better than some of our past business
    £700,000 actually

Beyond your hero Slade too when he signed that dud Doyle

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Go Male Bro
    Oo Mr G Bale
    BALOO GERM

It's £700k and the guy wants to be here. Rejected another club with offer of a higher wage (presumably QPR), last minute; as wanted to move to Cardiff City.

Let's hope he makes a success of it eh