+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: FT: WOLVES 1 - 2 CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

FT: WOLVES 1 - 2 CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

Wolves legend recognised on cover of programme designed by former player Jody Craddock

IMG_3923.jpg

Re: WOLVES v CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

No tickets on sale on the day for Cardiff fans.

Stating the obvious here but so looking forward to this one ! Wolves have a renewed optimism this season which includes substantial financial backing resulting in a good start to the season. However my glass is half full, we have a great team spirit and believe we will get something out of this game, first points of the season dropped by both sides .... going for entertaining 2-2 draw.

In 'our Neil'we trust

What a cracking early season game to look forward to! Not going to be deflated if we lose but looking forward to seeing how we do away against one of the best teams. I think the players will be looking forward to going up against opposition bought for 15 million and the like. All in all, I'm really looking forward to this one indeed.

Despite Wolves being the home team we have an advantage because they have to attack whereas we can rely on our pace up front to counter attack, something we haven't been able to do with 3/4 players for a long time

Cannot wait for this one. Any idea which pub(s) we've been given? Getting up there early

1-2 to the mighty Bluebirds. Zahore and La La Bamba

Quote Originally Posted by AJ1989 View Post
    Cannot wait for this one. Any idea which pub(s) we've been given? Getting up there early
    Are you the AJ that used to be on ****? If you are it's good to see you on here

No sorry mate!

Blue Brick according to this link

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...-on-19-aug-17/

We've been given the Blue Brick its part of the Table Table chain doesn't sound good, but it's about 15 minutes from the ground apparently, is it the one we had last year,and what's it like? Anyone

Match facts

• Wolves have won four consecutive league games for the second time in 2017. They also won five in a row back in April, during which they beat Cardiff at Molineux in the process.
    • Cardiff City's winning start represents the first time in the Championship club's 107-year history that they have won their opening three league games of a season.
    • Wolves have not won their first four league games of a season since 1998-99, when they were in the second tier, under Mark McGhee.
    • This is boss Neil Warnock's best start to a league campaign since 2010-11, in which he guided QPR to the Championship title. But no side of his have ever won their opening four games to a league season.
    • Wolves' 3-1 win over Cardiff in April 2017 ended a three-match losing streak in the league - their longest-ever losing run against the Bluebirds.
    • Cardiff are still to concede their first league goal this season - but they have managed just one clean sheet in their last 20 league visits to Molineux.

Surprised no one has commented on the Kenny Hibbitt link.

He and Russell Osman were the worst managers we ever had (oh and Phil Neal) - or were they?

Stats show Terry Yorath and Paul Trollope had the worst win rates.

Will be interesting to see what side Warnock puts out. I assume Pelts and Darmour were rested midweek and will come back into contention. Darmour is pretty sure to play instead of Tomlin, to add strength to the mf and I expect Pelts will slot back in at right back, unless of course Warnock decides to put an extra body at the back in which case I haven't a clue who would make way!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

He and Russell Osman were the worst managers we ever had (oh and Phil Neal) - or were they?

Always felt Kenny was trying to do the job with two hands tied - Phil Neal was just awful - thats how I distantly remember it!

Worse than Alan Durban?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Worse than Alan Durban?
    Now Alan Durban was a very strange man.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Worse than Alan Durban?
    Durban's win rate was 25%

Yorath 19%

Trollope 16%

Despite being hounded out by Sam Hammam's buddies back in the day one of the most successful Cardiff City managers by % win rate was Alan Cork.

Zohore starts, Richards in for Bennett

Team is as I expected. Bench looks very strong & very attack minded.

Come on City!!!!!

Durban's win rate was 25%

Yorath 19%

Trollope 16%

Despite being hounded out by Sam Hammam's buddies back in the day one of the most successful Cardiff City managers by % win rate was Alan Cork.
    Durban took us down twice.
    Gives me nightmares just hearing his name

Come on you bloooobirds!