+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: FT: WOLVES 1 - 2 CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

Re: FT: WOLVES 1 - 2 CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

That was a huge result and what a statement of our intent!

I watched it on iFollow and once again ALL the players played their part, there wasn't a single passenger in that team today. Gunnarsson was everywhere, Ralls has just grown immeasurably in stature from last season, Damour looks like he's stepped down from the Premier League ... not from the French Second Division, Peltier and Jazz Richards never gave their opponents any time on the ball, AML just went outside/inside his man almost at will, Morrison was always calm and assured and in the right place at the right time and Bamba .... well, Bamba was just Bamba - THE best defender in the Championship by a country mile.

But I want to finish by giving a special mention to Etheridge. I think Camp will have to get used to being back up to this guy, he really looks the part and is getting better and better by each game ... a truly outstanding 'keeper in the making we have on our hands!

Re: LATEST: WOLVES 1 - 1 CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    Got to be one of the bargains of the Summer
    Definitely paid for his transfer fee already

Re: LATEST: WOLVES 1 - 1 CARDIFF CITY: Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsley Harriott View Post
    Definitely paid for his transfer fee already
    Wise words mate

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    That was a huge result and what a statement of our intent!

I watched it on iFollow and once again ALL the players played their part, there wasn't a single passenger in that team today. Gunnarsson was everywhere, Ralls has just grown immeasurably in stature from last season, Damour looks like he's stepped down from the Premier League ... not from the French Second Division, Peltier and Jazz Richards never gave their opponents any time on the ball, AML just went outside/inside his man almost at will, Morrison was always calm and assured and in the right place at the right time and Bamba .... well, Bamba was just Bamba - THE best defender in the Championship by a country mile.

But I want to finish by giving a special mention to Etheridge. I think Camp will have to get used to being back up to this guy, he really looks the part and is getting better and better by each game ... a truly outstanding 'keeper in the making we have on our hands!
    This is it, we look the complete package now, no weaknesses, keep everyone fit and healthy and we'll piss this league.

Seriously I hope our supporters have a safe journey home. Wolves turn nasty when they are beaten.

I keep reading that our players were thugs and set up like a typical Warnock team, biased bastards we were the better team and deserved the win.

Highlights up already. If Wolves actually got their shots on target might have been a completely different story - they got into some really decent positions and can see why they're talked up but happy to keep playing well and taking our chances

Quote Originally Posted by Glos Blue View Post
    Can we get excited yet?

Please don't give Neil the poison chalice of the Manager of the Month Award!
    It's a bloody certainty.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    It's a bloody certainty.
    McCarthy's got a 100% record, give it to him!

Quote Originally Posted by richard. View Post
    We're going to win the world cup
    We're in with a shout of the Super Bowl the way we're going!!

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Highlights up already. If Wolves actually got their shots on target might have been a completely different story - they got into some really decent positions and can see why they're talked up but happy to keep playing well and taking our chances
    Wolves play too many passes, they overcomplicate things. We looked far more dangerous around the goal.

Jingle Bells !

They made more fouls than us, had less shots yet apparently we are anti-football .

We absolutely bullied them all over the pitch. This is the hardest and toughest Cardiff team I've ever known. Every player put his foot in if its needed, we are aggressive but I wouldn't say we step over the mark with it.

Long way to go, but it's great to see us be so positive.

Love it

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Quality pic Mike

Quote Originally Posted by I.8.POLITICAL.CORRECTNESS View Post
    Quality pic Mike
    Not mine. From the PA