+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Snodgrass

Re: Snodgrass

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    How much must their wage bill be? Does ffp only apply to certain teams?
    No just City

Blue in the Face

A year on...

Robert Snodgrass could be set for a managerial reunion this summer - reports
    https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spo...grass-14735597

A loan seems an obvious and likely one to me. Perhaps too old for a permanent given his age and position. Someone else said on another thread recently, forgot the poster...

Exactly the same as Craig No-one, (cuts inside and shoots left footed) only uglier !

No thank you !

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    A year on...

Robert Snodgrass could be set for a managerial reunion this summer - reports
    https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spo...grass-14735597

A loan seems an obvious and likely one to me. Perhaps too old for a permanent given his age and position. Someone else said on another thread recently, forgot the poster...
    Sorry BITF, but I put his name forward way before anyone else first muted his name as you'll see from this! It appears a few of us know our gaffer pretty well and in some cases better than most!

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...Signings/page8

Don't be surprised to see us linked with a move for Murphy at Norwich either another who our gaffer rates very highly and possibly within our price range

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Exactly the same as Craig No-one, (cuts inside and shoots left footed) only uglier !

No thank you !
    He's nothing like Craig Noone

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Sorry BITF, but I put his name forward way before anyone else first muted his name as you'll see from this! It appears a few of us know our gaffer pretty well and in some cases better than most!

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...Signings/page8

Don't be surprised to see us linked with a move for Murphy at Norwich either another who our gaffer rates very highly and possibly within our price range
    Yes, I remember someone had mentioned the transfer

Jacob Murphy would be an excellent acquisition. A Norwich fan I know says he's just a cut and paste of his brother and just as good, just developed or had opportunities a little later. I gather Norwich are in a position this summer where they have to sell, though they are likely to get big money for Maddison.

No thank you !
    Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post

I know, at least Craig could run !

Snotgrass is shite

I know, at least Craig could run !

Snotgrass is shite
    Snodgrass has a brain and can pass

No thank you !
    Snodgrass has a brain and can pass
    Can't take corners though, he is shite.

Blue in the Face

Snodgrass has an excellent football brain otherwise he wouldn't have had the career he's had with his lack of devastating pace. He's also a good set piece taker (though not against us last season), which we need more options for in the squad.

Next season we need to be much much more dynamic and interchange between the wingers and the no.10. Snodgrass would bring this to the team.

Snodgrass has an excellent football brain otherwise he wouldn't have had the career he's had with his lack of devastating pace. He's also a good set piece taker (though not against us last season), which we need more options for in the squad.

Next season we need to be much much more dynamic and interchange between the wingers and the no.10. Snodgrass would bring this to the team.
    ^^
    Agreed. He has versatility, experience, good at dead ball, will chip in with goals and I think would add to our great team spirit. If we sign him and a creative Whittingham type player, I’d be happy with our midfield for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    ^^
    Agreed. He has versatility, experience, good at dead ball, will chip in with goals and I think would add to our great team spirit. If we sign him and a creative Whittingham type player, I’d be happy with our midfield for next season.

London City don't want him !

Villa don't want him !

So we are the "rubbish tip", for other teams throw-aways, is it.

He is shite.

Snodgrass moved to West Ham from Hull in January 2017 for £10.2m

He is supposed to be on £60k a week.

Most newspaper 'linked to' stories are claiming West Ham value him at £12m.

He would be a good addition to the Cardiff squad - but not for £12m and not at £60k a week.

Villa don't want him !

He is shite.
    Talking shit.

As Jon says Villa don't want him cos he'll command a big fee and his wages are ridiculous.
    To say he's shit just says more about you than him to be honest.

Snodgrass is shit. Flatters to deceive. Dirty as they come aswell. Will always dive, always feign injury and always try to get other players booked/sent off. Avoid like the plague.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Snodgrass is shit. Flatters to deceive. Dirty as they come aswell. Will always dive, always feign injury and always try to get other players booked/sent off. Avoid like the plague.
    I thank you

Now where's that fishing rod smiley

If we can get him for his wages only i.e. £3M for the season, then I think he'd be worth taking on but it would then be one of our two permitted loans (https://www.premierleague.com/news/464747) and I'm not sure that would be the best use of the loan system for us.

I don't think it makes sense to buy him out of a restricted budget.

Talking shit.

As Jon says Villa don't want him cos he'll command a big fee and his wages are ridiculous.
    To say he's shit just says more about you than him to be honest.
    Absolutely right. Villa fans rate him highly, not a bad word to say about him. They suggest that along with John Terry, was a huge influence on the dressing room. With 8 goals and 13 assists seems they could be right.
    To put him on a par with Noone is just plane idiotic!

With 8 goals and 13 assists, they're

He was bought to replace Dimitri Payet if I recall. If he’s a money grabber he’ll ride out his contract and be finished. If he wants to play his wages will be much lower as will his fee

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Think you're describing Grealish there

Villa don't want him !

He is shite.
    Thank god you opinion counts for Jack shit and that it is down to our Management and ultimately the player himself. The facts of the matter are that our manager rates him, didn't want to lose him when they worked together at Leeds and tried desperately to loan him this time last season but was blown out of the water financially be Villa who were willing to meet the Hammers loan terms.

It's not a one way street either the player concerned loved playing under Warnock. He spoke very highly of him when Warnock went in for McGreggor and told him he would love it at Cardiff playing under Warnock. I am an avid listener to Warnock's pre and post match interview's as they give a fascinating insight into the man himself. Well worth taking the time to read his autobiography The Gaffer too.

Maybe then you'll respond with more than 'He is shite.'

Snodgrass would be a perfect fit for us imo

If the wage quoted in this thread is correct, then Snodgrass would either have to accept a substantial pay cut to come here permanently or, more likely I feel, come here on loan with us paying about half of his wages.

I'd say it's one or the more likely to be correct of the stacks of players to be linked with us in the last month - think someone like Snodgrass would make up for with vision and craft what he lacks in pace (I could see Zohore benefitting from his presence in the team).

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Thank god you opinion counts for Jack shit and that it is down to our Management and ultimately the player himself. The facts of the matter are that our manager rates him, didn't want to lose him when they worked together at Leeds and tried desperately to loan him this time last season but was blown out of the water financially be Villa who were willing to meet the Hammers loan terms.

It's not a one way street either the player concerned loved playing under Warnock. He spoke very highly of him when Warnock went in for McGreggor and told him he would love it at Cardiff playing under Warnock. I am an avid listener to Warnock's pre and post match interview's as they give a fascinating insight into the man himself. Well worth taking the time to read his autobiography The Gaffer too.

Maybe then you'll respond with more than 'He is shite.'
    OK, I don't like him as a player as he is a cheat. (besides being shite)

Villa don't want him !

He is shite.
    That's exactly what Bamba and Hoilett were, they worked out.