+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A surefire way to test our mettle (and boost our crowds)

A surefire way to test our mettle (and boost our crowds)

Let any newcomer* in for free for a certain match or certain matches, and they pay on the way out according to what they thought of the match...

Do it a couple of times per season. A gimmick for sure, but drums up some interest and publicity. Could offer it around the schools / get it on buses etc?

Be interesting to see how it worked, if anything else.

*Have to register first to gather all the necessary info

Re: A surefire way to test our mettle (and boost our crowds)

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Let any newcomer* in for free for a certain match or certain matches, and they pay on the way out according to what they thought of the match...

Do it a couple of times per season. A gimmick for sure, but drums up some interest and publicity. Could offer it around the schools / get it on buses etc?

Be interesting to see how it worked, if anything else.

*Have to register first to gather all the necessary info
    Some clubs have a game every season where fans pay what they want. Usually, the receipts are higher on those weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Some clubs have a game every season where fans pay what they want. Usually, the receipts are higher on those weekends.
    That's my point. Overall, I reckon takings might even be up.

My main point would be that you'd attract a shit load more fans, cos people love free shit.

Plus they'd buy programmes, buy scarfs, tea, coffee - shit, they might even want to come back.

Do ST holders get a refund when we lose?

At the mo, I don't think the club need any gimmicks to get the crowds back.

All of us, who have seen the first few games are doing enough free advertising on their behalf, with the beaming great smiles on our faces, when we are describing the open play & goals we are seeing put in front of us.

I am all for gimmicks, when the need arises, but at the mo, people/fans should be supporting "OUR NEIL" and flocking back to CCS.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    At the mo, I don't think the club need any gimmicks to get the crowds back.

All of us, who have seen the first few games are doing enough free advertising on their behalf, with the beaming great smiles on our faces, when we are describing the open play & goals we are seeing put in front of us.

I am all for gimmicks, when the need arises, but at the mo, people/fans should be supporting "OUR NEIL" and flocking back to CCS.
    Fair points and I agree, although sometimes new fans sometimes need a little push to get them through the doors. The current brand of football and the 'experience' should keep them coming back. (Need to sort those huge queues out though).

We now need to get up around the 22k average mark.

I agree, whenever I speak to people I still get a few who think as soon as they get to the ground they will mugged

NEED TO SORT THOSE HUGE QUEUES OUT THOUGH !!!!!

Leave the pub earlier, THAT MIGHT HELP