+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Surefire way of being safe in grounds ban ruck sacks and road closures

Surefire way of being safe in grounds ban ruck sacks and road closures

I followed two people with bulging rucksacks out of the ground on Saturday and I wondered why that was needed on a Saturday , and should we have a blanket ban in such troubled times would relieve bag searches, keep us all a bit safer , those who genuinely needed to take one in for ( medical or professional needs ,cameras, reporters etc ) could apply via a pre - season application process, and have to pass through an agreed airport type turnstile .

Just feel its going to happen at a ground ( hope i'm wrong ) .

My other worry is the roads out of the the ground towards Canton , imagine a van nutter using any road of that crossroads after the old Ninian pub , there are 3 busy roads at one point with traffic going either way,so many families at risk , considering the current atrociousness in Barca .

Whats the view ,genuine ask , no jokes please ?????

Re: Surefire way of being safe in grounds ban ruck sacks and road closures

Why worry? What next, ground all planes in case someone flies one into a football stadium?

Needlessly being over secure just makes things worse for everyone for no real reason.

Of course it bears pointing out we'd not be a priority target given we don't fill the stadium....

Personally I'm not going to let these fukkers win, so I'll continue with my life as normal, that said I do take an extra look over my shoulder by roads etc
    The truth is, it could happen anywhere we just need to be that little more vigilent

We already have many security measures in place at events where large numbers of people get together.

Sadly you can never be 100% secure in this life - especially when life is littered with fukc ups hiding behind some backward religion or political ideology.

Ultimately the best thing people can do is be vigilant but just get on with your life. Go to the football, go to the pub, go to a concert, go to an event, go on holiday, go to the shops and stick two fingers up to people that think they can stop you living your life.

Two days after the Manchester Arena bombing I went to watch Iron Maiden play in Cardiff. Did I think about what happened 48 hours earlier? Of course. Did I think about not going? Not a fecking chance.

The day I let some sad little religious nut job tossers dictate how I live my life will be the day I give up.

Better to die on your feet that live on your knees - as someone once said.

Tbh, we're more in danger of the tasty yet hmmm burgers outside the ground and the "beer" inside it...

You made the stupid 'ban rucksacks' argument after the Manchester bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    You made the stupid 'ban rucksacks' argument after the Manchester bomb.
    Stupid , rucksacks , and Manchester is not very thoughtful .

I still don't get why you would attend a football match or rock concert with a full rucksack ,if that is being stupid ,happy to continue , lives matter.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

I still don't get why you would attend a football match or rock concert with a full rucksack ,if that is being stupid ,happy to continue , lives matter.
    Maybe you're crashing at a friend's house in another city and you met them straight off the train.

If I recall you were saying something like ban rucksacks within a certain distance of every event, something totally unworkable.

The solution is simple. Place cardboard cutouts of the fans all around the stadium, along with with some crowd noise piped over the tannoy, and we can all watch the game at home on the Tele

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Maybe some lockers outside the ground would be a good idea? people take all kinds of crap with them that they probably don't want to take in to the ground but they have to because there is nowhere else to put it, I had my big handbag with me on Sat full of all sorts of junk because I was out for the day, I would have happily taken my ticket out and chucked the rest of our stuff in a locker to save carrying it all in.
    I didn't take long to search my bag though because the guy saw some tampons in the first section of my bag and just waved me on, not really sure if that's the way to go either tbh, there was plenty of room for a couple of knives and a hand gun in there

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Maybe some lockers outside the ground would be a good idea? people take all kinds of crap with them that they probably don't want to take in to the ground but they have to because there is nowhere else to put it, I had my big handbag with me on Sat full of all sorts of junk because I was out for the day, I would have happily taken my ticket out and chucked the rest of our stuff in a locker to save carrying it all in.
    I didn't take long to search my bag though because the guy saw some tampons in the first section of my bag and just waved me on, not really sure if that's the way to go either tbh, there was plenty of room for a couple of knives and a hand gun in there
    Wouldn't it be easier just to ban men and women who carry handbags?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post

I'm seriously thinking of getting a Man Bag

I think we should have more road closures, NOT ban them. !!!

Maybe some lockers outside the ground would be a good idea?
    Actually a fan of the locker idea. Normally I have to go to games straight after work, due to lack of time getting out of Cardiff and then back in, so have all that with me. Saw a few that looked like they'd had the same inability on Tuesday night, too.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I think we should have more road closures, NOT ban them. !!!
    Ban roads imo

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Man bags are catching on, could lead to an empty stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I'm seriously thinking of getting a Man Bag
    Nugent will give you some tips on a good man bag, he got one on holiday.

Man bags are catching on, could lead to an empty stadium.

Nugent will give you some tips on a good man bag, he got one on holiday.
    Aye, but i'll not be having make-up and lippy in mine

Just tampons.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Escæpe Gøæts View Post
    Actually a fan of the locker idea. Normally I have to go to games straight after work, due to lack of time getting out of Cardiff and then back in, so have all that with me. Saw a few that looked like they'd had the same inability on Tuesday night, too.
    I imagine that's the same for many people, people are advised not to leave stuff in their cars either so what are you meant to do with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Just tampons.

Stop watching the negative, lazy news programmes

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Watcliff View Post
    Stop watching the negative, lazy news programmes
    I'm never negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Escæpe Gøæts View Post
    ^This. For away days on Tuesday/Friday night, I may have to go straight after uni this year and prolly won't have time to leave stuff at home coz I won't live on campus so it would be cumbersome to ask a friend to look after my bag (full of books, notes etc) or take it to the games

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    I guess doing a bag search before entry may stop more deaths than deaths in queue for a turnstyle. But it wont stop them blowing themselves up - in order to get their virgins in paradise - the fact that they have probably just blown their own kn0b off doesnt enter their thought process.....

But there you go - if you are dumb enough to follow a prophet that married a 9 year old and believe all that mumbo jumbo (most of which they nicked off the Jews) then there is no hope for any of them.
    People should think more critically about the mumbo jumbo they are blindly following.