+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: IF ... we beat Wolves in a similar fashion to Villa

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

IF ... we beat Wolves in a similar fashion to Villa

How will the season pan out?

Re: IF ... we beat Wolves in a similar fashion to Villa

I'm pretty sure that's not gonna happen mate.

If we win tomorrow there's gonna be periods where we'll have to ride our luck luck against a team with obvious talent who are gonna be brimming with confidence.

However we're a team that are happy playing without the ball and our team spirit seems to be off the scale at the moment.

We also have no shortage of ability in this team at the moment. If I'm honest I'd take a draw now, but there have been far bigger shocks in football than us winning tomorrow.

IF and its a big if then we're just as likely to get turned over by Ollies's Rangers next week. This division is barmy.

There will be games where we dominate but come up against an inspired keeper, hit the woodwork, have certain goals kicked off the line, have decisions go against us and concede at the death.

We'll have 12 points, it's far too early to say what's going to happen come the end of the season

International

I can understand this "Too early to say/2 attitude to a degree but it has its limits.
    I always look at the fact that historically to get promoted you need 20 points from every 10 games. If you score more you put the extra points into the bank to cover you on a bad spell.

If we win tomorrow we will have 12 points. Yes OJ it doesn't mean were are going to romp the league but it does put us in a very good position to make that first 20 point target. If we draw still doable. No matter what happens those points can't be taken away so even if we do slip we still have something to keep us above others.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    We'll have 12 points, it's far too early to say what's going to happen come the end of the season
    If we were playing 'less capable' opposition I take your point.

Wolves have arguably had a harder start than Cardiff and now have the potential to become a force again especially with the fluid financial backing they have.

Cardiff's sternest test to date. An away win will send shock waves through the division, especially if no goals are conceded.

I had all the doubts during the 2012/13 season that we are having now. That season the turning point from negative to positive happened when we had a great Christmas period.

If we win tomorrow in style like we did against Villa. Then it will not be the sale of certain players we should be worried about. It may be our manager in demand.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    How will the season pan out?
    Champions by Xmas.

Anyway the post should read when we beat Wolves.....COM ON CITY

Not going to make much difference to how the season play out.. I've got a feeling we might get a win tomorrow. But if we don't, it will be as much interesting to se how the team responds to it. Does it make the team grind it out, or shake their confidence? It's a test on so many levels tomorrow, for the fans as well.

Be nice to keep this clean sheet going 4 in a row sounds good.