+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Travel Advice -Wolves

Travel Advice -Wolves

for those driving to wolves i would strongly advise not to travel up the M5 and join the M6 then the M54 route .there are major traffic roadworks where the M5 meets the M6 and lots of congestion around that area every day

I would suggest taking the worcester north exit off the M5 then pick up the A449 . this will take you straight to wolves via places like kidderminster / stourbridge where there are lots of pubs / restaurants along the way if you fancy a pint and something to eat before and after the game

trust me this way will save you about 1 to 1.5 hours using this route .don't go M5/M6 route this area is CHOCABLOCK with traffic and wolves are expecting a huge crowd on saturday too !!!!!

Also the V festival is in south staffs which is not too far from Wolves and a crowd of 70,000 is expected there

Re: Travel Advice -Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    for those driving to wolves i would strongly advise not to travel up the M5 and join the M6 then the M54 route .there are major traffic roadworks where the M5 meets the M6 and lots of congestion around that area every day

I would suggest taking the worcester north exit off the M5 then pick up the A449 . this will take you straight to wolves via places like kidderminster / stourbridge where there are lots of pubs / restaurants along the way if you fancy a pint and something to eat before and after the game

trust me this way will save you about 1 to 1.5 hours using this route .don't go M5/M6 route this area is CHOCABLOCK with traffic and wolves are expecting a huge crowd on saturday too !!!!!

Also the V festival is in south staffs which is not too far from Wolves and a crowd of 70,000 is expected there
    I'd second that. Coming down from the Midlands for the Villa match the northbound M5 was at a standstill from J1 to beyond J4 with more traffic slowing to a halt. V Festival plus cricket at Edgbaston will add to the normal Saturday/holiday traffic. A449 is a much better route north to Wolves perhaps taking in The Cat in Enville (turn left on the A458 towards Bridgnorth). Enville ales on sale plus grub/beer garden and guest ales. Or try The Cross in Kinver, just off the A449. Curried grey pays�� or hot pork sandwich with gravy.

Thanks guys. Would you recommend taking the same route for the return journey as well or is it ok southbound ?

Quote Originally Posted by Neathblue63 View Post
    Thanks guys. Would you recommend taking the same route for the return journey as well or is it ok southbound ?
    Same route back. Avoid M5 J1/2, anywhere near Spaghetti junction and M5/Junction with M42. A449 it is to/from Worcester M5 J6 through Kiddermister. Avoid cutting across country through Churchill, south of Stourbridge, to A491/M5 as there are yet more roadworks near Hagley. A satnav may take you that way to cut out Kidderminster.

yes neathblues same route on way back . when you hit wolverhampton from A449 you will meet the ring road which goes around the town centre . you can go either left or right but i would suggest left and then follow signs to ground . this message goes out to anyone on a coach as well tell your driver to take this route otherwise you will all be counting traffic cones to relieve the boredom on the M5 after worcester .lol

you will be thanking me on sunday

Drove to Manchester Thursday and Friday, traffic was horrendous from M5 to M6 , more so coming back . The M5 looked like a car park going North for its entirety from M50 up to the M6 tonight. I will be taking Mozzers suggested route tomorrow.

good work jimmy the whole midland road network is on it's arse the whole area is like a car park . for those who read this tell people who are not on the internet who plan to go tomorrow the same route

make sure you take the worcester north turn off not the worcester south turn off off the M5 .

You've just got to love Britain's Medieval infrastructure.

Quote Originally Posted by Neathblue63 View Post
    It will be worse Returning Home

Quote Originally Posted by James fox View Post
    It will be worse Returning Home
    Park up to the south of Molineux eg Church Lane car park on the south side of the ring road, just off the A449. Should be an easy get away then. A449 to M5/J6 avoiding the worst of the traffic hold ups on the motorway.
    But.....watch out for speed cameras on the A449. 50mph =50mph. They hide around corners and over blind summits. That's my route to Home matches and i've been caught out three times even knowing that they are likely to be there. Then there's the unmarked traffic plod on the M5��

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    You've just got to love Britain's Medieval infrastructure.
    The Western Orbital Motorway (effectively completing the M42/M6 toll) never got built so getting onto a motorway from the west side of the Midlands is a pain. M6 north =road widening, M5 south repairs to Oldbury viaduct ��