+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I guess this means he's richer than we can imagine

I guess this means he's richer than we can imagine

http://www.thestar.com.my/business/b...f-two-tycoons/

VT seems to be very astute when it comes to business, but naive when it comes to local tradition (but he's learning)

Re: I guess this means he's richer than we can imagine

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    http://www.thestar.com.my/business/b...f-two-tycoons/

VT seems to be very astute when it comes to business, but naive when it comes to local tradition (but he's learning)
    He is worth less than I thought at $820m. When you think he has invested £180m (£s not $s) in Cardiff City that represents a sizeable proportion of his wealth and shows what a massive financial commitment he has made to the club.

These kind of articles used to state Tan as a dollar billionaire, and now they say he has $820 million....how much has he spent on us again?

It's like the old saying, you can make a small fortune from running a football club - if you start with a large fortune

If he ' doesn't fall in love with his businesses', to use his own phrase, and if he no longer enjoys attending regularly, then - quite frankly - it looks like Tan has not been a huge success as a Football Club 'owner'.

I doubt he views this as his own error.

He probably has a point or two.
    But in truth he was both naive and bullish. That's surely not how you succeed in this field.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Pepper View Post
    If he ' doesn't fall in love with his businesses', to use his own phrase, and if he no longer enjoys attending regularly, then - quite frankly - it looks like Tan has not been a huge success as a Football Club 'owner'.

I doubt he views this as his own error.

He probably has a point or two.
    But in truth he was both naive and bullish. That's surely not how you succeed in this field.
    Everyone makes mistakes, the mark of a man is learning from them which Vinny again this week has demonstrated he has learnt nothing at all about the football industry.
    Our Vinny would have sacked Alex Ferguson after the Kleberson / Veron / Taibi etc etc etc signings and he's got the nerve to call Malky an idiot

^^ But allegedly, supposedly etc etc this is all about something unsavoury which we don't know about.
    If so, he needs to put his megaphone down and get on with it.

^^ But allegedly, supposedly etc etc this is all about something unsavoury which we don't know about.
    If so, he needs to put his megaphone down and get on with it.
    So you believe Tan went running to the media? Or is it more plausible an ex-journalist/PR person turned player recruitment has used connections to drive the narrative?

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    So you believe Tan went running to the media? Or is it more plausible an ex-journalist/PR person turned player recruitment has used connections to drive the narrative?
    Well he's got a history of it when Malky was on the verge of the Palace job or have i misread that one too?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiw-Blue View Post
    Well he's got a history of it when Malky was on the verge of the Palace job or have i misread that one too?
    Nope. When Malky was fired the media were vehemently anti-Tan. Indeed, Pat Murphy of the BBC claimed that from impeccable sources ( clearly didn't read **** ) Mackay would be entirely vindicated and from memory take Tan to the cleaners in court. He went very quiet on the matter as time went on. It's clear media sources were Moody.

I'd also suggest Tan was pissed off with Palace at the time after the leaked team lineup incident, especially when people at Palace at the time hinted it came from Gunnarsson.

he could just STFU!

Nope. When Malky was fired the media were vehemently anti-Tan. Indeed, Pat Murphy of the BBC claimed that from impeccable sources ( clearly didn't read **** ) Mackay would be entirely vindicated and from memory take Tan to the cleaners in court. He went very quiet on the matter as time went on. It's clear media sources were Moody.

I'd also suggest Tan was pissed off with Palace at the time after the leaked team lineup incident, especially when people at Palace at the time hinted it came from Gunnarsson.
    You've got one hell of a memory, I'd forgotten pretty much all of that.

he could just STFU!
    Well, when the media approach and ask questions, sure he could no comment.

Personally, I'd be keeping quiet, not wanting to tip people off about it but then again if people here felt / had new information about having been ripped off, I'd suggest most would be pretty vocal about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    You've got one hell of a memory, I'd forgotten pretty much all of that.
    It's wierd. I can remember things like that but when it comes to build up play for goals...