+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Telegraph reporting Zohore bid accepted

Re: Telegraph reporting Zohore bid accepted

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Andy Naylor is The Argus chief sports writer covering Brighton & Hove Albion FC. He will have made a phone call the same as Wales Online have.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    I don't think that you have thought this through yourself as your contributions to this thread are there for all to see

Your unwillingness to answer such a simple question seems to confirm that for some reason you are gaining some sort of pleasure from the fact that Zohore could be sold.
    You are clearly unhinged. The chief football writer for Brighton & Hove Albion FC has filed a news report regarding his club, and you are making crazy accusations about somebody who is not even connected to the story. Go and have a lay dawn mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Andy Naylor is The Argus chief sports writer covering Brighton & Hove Albion FC. He will have made a phone call the same as Wales Online have.
    You assume a lot of local sports journalists...

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    The chief sports writer has a hotline to the club.

You are clearly mad.

..........and someone who comes onto a football site in order to post thousands of messages on a politics forum isn't mad?

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    The chief sports writer has a hotline to the club. As I am reading it, an offer has been made, but it hasn't been accepted or formalised. Therefore both reports could be true.

..........and someone who comes onto a football site in order to post thousands of messages on a politics forum isn't mad?
    Here you go again with another personal attack. I thought Mike was trying to get rid of people like you? Just stick to the facts of the story and leave all the personal shit out of it.

The chief sports writer has a hotline to the club. As I am reading it, an offer has been made, but it hasn't been accepted or formalised. Therefore both reports could be true.
    Indeed, the two reports aren't contradictory. But an awful lot of local sports journalists definitely don't have 'a hotline to the club', and do little more than rewrite what has been reported elsewhere.

He's not the "chief football writer for Brighton". He's not employed by Brighton as you said in a previous post.

Assuming he magically made a call to the club, the club told him the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth is stretching it.

As seen with local media anywhere, rumour tends to get more coverage than fact.

Having, reportedly, turned down an eight figure offer for Zohore from Hull this week, you would think City would pay short shrift to Brighton's "seven-figure bid".

"get rid of people like you" f@ck me Walt didn't think you were so thin skinned

And ?

Can't see why you are making a personal attack on another posters contribution...?

For what it's worth, I found it interesting, and worth reading. That said as TOBW just said, the offer is less than Hull City Tigers.

If Wood is off for £15m then Zorhore is worth more in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    He's not the "chief football writer for Brighton". He's not employed by Brighton as you said in a previous post.

Assuming he magically made a call to the club, the club told him the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth is stretching it.

As seen with local media anywhere, rumour tends to get more coverage than fact.
    Ok mate, the chief sports writer of the Brighton Argus has no connection with Brighton & Hove Albion FC, and he just repeats stories from dodgy websites. Thanks for clearing that up

For the record I think selling Zohore would be a very, very bad move by Cardiff City.

We possibly have 10 more days of this with 10 different clubs interested. This is going to be a long, long wait till the window closes.

For the record I think selling Zohore would be a very, very bad move by Cardiff City.
    All recorded. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    "get rid of people like you" f@ck me Walt didn't think you were so thin skinned
    Why should CCMB members be on the recieving end of multiple personal attacks, just for posting an article written by a chief sports writer who's job brief includes covering Brighton & Hove Albion FC?

Ok mate, the chief sports writer of the Brighton Argus has no connection with Brighton & Hove Albion FC, and he just repeats stories from dodgy websites. Thanks for clearing that up
    Who said he has no connection?

You have a touching faith in local media sports journalists being outstanding in their ability to investigate and report truthfully. I'd have thought a cursory look at WalesOnline would educate you on that score.

All local media report rumours. Just seem odd you'd rather believe a local journalist in Brighton than Neil Warnock when he says there have been no offers.

Warnock said there was no bid from Hull.

Choo and Dalman have said there was no bid from Brighton.

I see no reason to doubt any of them. I'm sure there have been dozens of phone calls and enquiries - but that is just chaff!

Warnock (without any qualification from Tan, Dalman or Choo) has been clear what the club's stance is on Zohore. It will take a very big bid (and £20m seems to be the territory) and for that to come from a top half Premier League club for Ken to move this window.

Already this summer Tan and individual players (Morrison, Bennett...) have already put faith in the club's prospects above short term financial gain. I'm just going to enjoy that, and what is happening on the pitch, and not waste time on mischievous speculation intended to cause trouble or as click bait.

Who said he has no connection?

You have a touching faith in local media sports journalists being outstanding in their ability to investigate and report truthfully. I'd have thought a cursory look at WalesOnline would educate you on that score.

All local media report rumours. Just seem odd you'd rather believe a local journalist in Brighton than Neil Warnock when he says there have been no offers.
    Two journalists with connections to their local clubs have reported two different things, so the truth is somewhere in the middle. However this is an improvement on the report at the beginning of the thread that appeared to be based on hearsay.

Also making a bid and accepting a bid are two differing things. I'm glad that CCFC aren't giving running commentary on every enquiry they recieve, but I would be very surprised if Brighton haven't tested the water after their manager watched the player in question.

Why should CCMB members be on the recieving end of multiple personal attacks, just for posting an article written by a chief sports writer who's job brief includes covering Brighton & Hove Albion FC?
    You called him 'unhinged' and 'mad' and you got some back.

If you can't take it, dont dish it out. Simple.

Perhaps you would be better staying in the politics forum if you're going to be so sensitive petal.

Two journalists with connections to their local clubs have reported two different things, so the truth is somewhere in the middle. However this is an improvement on the report at the beginning of the thread that appeared to be based on hearsay.
    Somewhere in the middle? What, they made half an offer?

Assuming this Brighton journalist got info from the club there's a naive assumption they were telling the truth. It's not like any club have ever used the media to get out there publicly their interest in signing a player, trying to turn that players head and facilitate an eventual transfer.

The chairman of the club the player belongs to has confirmed the reports are utter rubbish. So can you piss off with Brighton's side of the story please.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    The chairman of the club the player belongs to has confirmed the reports are utter rubbish. So can you piss off with Brighton's side of the story please.
    Don't be silly. That journalist has connections with Brighton, see. He clearly has to know more than the chairman of the club the player belongs to. Clearly the chairman of the club the player belongs to is just repeating rumours or something.

Don't be silly. That journalist has connections with Brighton, see. He clearly has to know more than the chairman of the club the player belongs to. Clearly the chairman of the club the player belongs to is just repeating rumours or something.