+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Telegraph reporting Zohore bid accepted

Re: Telegraph reporting Zohore bid accepted

Zohore starting. Good news

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You called him 'unhinged' and 'mad' and you got some back.

If you can't take it, dont dish it out. Simple.

Perhaps you would be better staying in the politics forum if you're going to be so sensitive petal.
    Read the sequence of events, I was accused of revelling in the sale of Zohore just because I posted a news report by the Brighton Argus chief sports writer. That is clearly a personal attack and only unhinged thinking could make that kind of connection.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    Good news

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Read the sequence of events, I was accused of revelling in the sale of Zohore just because I posted a news report by the Brighton Argus chief sports writer. That is clearly a personal attack and only unhinged thinking could make that kind of connection.
    It's a fair assumption you were revelling given your firm belief in the Brighton Argus chief sports writer over every other source, including the chairman of Cardiff City.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post

Looks like we can add Brighton Argus to our long list of msm fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    It's a fair assumption you were revelling given your firm belief in the Brighton Argus chief sports writer over every other source, including the chairman of Cardiff City.
    It's like the Ministry of Truth on here

It's like the Ministry of Truth on here
    Not in your case

Look at the Walesonline article. Choo and Dalman both provide direct quotes.

The Argus article contains no quotes attributed to anyone from Brighton and used the well established journalistic device of "The Argus understands" - basically used to provide information which may or may not be true.

The Argus article is completely wrong based upon any analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Looks like we can add Brighton Argus to our long list of msm fake news.
    I will be glad when the transfer window finally shuts, the worrying part of that Argus report was "The Seagulls' interest in Zohore is ongoing".

I will be glad when the transfer window finallt shuts, the worrying bit of that Argus report was "The Seagulls' interest in Zohore is ongoing".
    Probably as accurate as the rest of it.

It really isn't a worry. To get Zohore they are going to have to pay big money. Really big money. Massive amounts in fact. Don't see that happening.

in the starting line up today so thats that

That would be an abysmal deal!!!.

The phrase used was 'seem to be revelling' & you had the opportunity to dispel that but chose to dodge it & get personal instead.

As has already been pointed out it was your overall contributions to this thread which gave the impression that you were revelling, your opening 2 to be precise. You conveniently gloss over that & keep on about the link.

As JRH has pointed out if you can't take it then please don't dish it out in the first place

Go for a walk butty, get some fresh air

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You called him 'unhinged' and 'mad' and you got some back.

If you can't take it, dont dish it out. Simple.

Perhaps you would be better staying in the politics forum if you're going to be so sensitive petal.
    He's quick enough to call anyone a snowflake too, pathetic

This is a neutral post, so please don't try to read anything into it!

I've just done a little research into the credibility of the Argus reporter, in order to get a better understanding regarding the origins of the bid story. As the chief sports writer, he seems to be very close to Brighton & Hove Albion FC, including having personal relationships with the manager and players.

http://www.holdthefrontpage.co.uk/20...egional-daily/

This quote at the end stood out :-

“[The] job has become progressively become more difficult in the age of the internet and clickbait.

“Simply repeating stories, unchecked, from other sources, which are often untrue, is not a form of journalism I am familiar with or want to be familiar with. I still strive to maintain my own and my newspaper’s integrity in an increasingly challenging environment.”

I'm not passing any judgement on the veracity of the bid story, but the person making the claims does seem to have a certain amount of credibilty.

He can make that cute claim all he likes.

Fact is, there are no direct comments attributed to anybody from Brighton. There is no official comment from Brighton as an entity. It's all supposition, with the "understands" word.

He can cite his closeness to Brighton until the cows come home, he published a story with zero corroborating evidence; compare and contrast with the WalesOnline response which contained direct comments.

He's thus got zero credibility as his article contradicted his claims about his / Argus integrity.

He can make that cute claim all he likes.

Fact is, there are no direct comments attributed to anybody from Brighton. There is no official comment from Brighton as an entity. It's all supposition, with the "understands" word.

He can cite his closeness to Brighton until the cows come home, he published a story with zero corroborating evidence; compare and contrast with the WalesOnline response which contained direct comments.

He's thus got zero credibility as his article contradicted his claims about his / Argus integrity.
    As I made clear above, I am not commenting on the veracity of the story, just looking into the background of the person who wrote the article

BTW he said "Simply repeating stories, unchecked, from other sources".

This is a neutral post, so please don't try to read anything into it!

I've just done a little research into the credibility of the Argus reporter, in order to get a better understanding regarding the origins of the bid story. As the chief sports writer, he seems to be very close to Brighton & Hove Albion FC, including having personal relationships with the manager and players.

http://www.holdthefrontpage.co.uk/20...egional-daily/

This quote at the end stood out :-

“[The] job has become progressively become more difficult in the age of the internet and clickbait.

“Simply repeating stories, unchecked, from other sources, which are often untrue, is not a form of journalism I am familiar with or want to be familiar with. I still strive to maintain my own and my newspaper’s integrity in an increasingly challenging environment.”

I'm not passing any judgement on the veracity of the bid story, but the person making the claims does seem to have a certain amount of credibilty.
    Cobblers !!. The person has absolutely no credibility at all. The story was made up nonsense. If I were you I would withdraw semi-gracefully and never post on here again.

As I made clear above, I am not commenting on the veracity of the story, just looking into the background of the person who wrote the article
    Well, you are in your desire to prove the credibility of that author, which in turn would convey some credibility to his original article.

Which again has been proven to be utter bollocks. There was no corroboration or supporting evidence behind his claims. It was a case of "believe me, I know what I'm talking about". Did he approach Brighton for an official comment? Did he approach Cardiff? No.

Local media journalists are basic hacks. Nothing more, nothing less. In this instance, it seems our local hacks at least did the bare minimum journalistic work; that hack just printed rumour.

Well, you are in your desire to prove the credibility of that author, which in turn would convey some credibility to his original article.

Which again has been proven to be utter bollocks. There was no corroboration or supporting evidence behind his claims. It was a case of "believe me, I know what I'm talking about". Did he approach Brighton for an official comment? Did he approach Cardiff? No.

Local media journalists are basic hacks. Nothing more, nothing less. In this instance, it seems our local hacks at least did the bare minimum journalistic work; that hack just printed rumour.
    I hope so!