Quote Originally Posted by Ian Gibson's pencil View Post
I was also impressed with some of the football played by Seffield United on Tuesday Gringo. I thought the rotation between Fleck and Coutts was very impressive and the young lad who came on as a sub was a very good prospect.

However, I felt they lack a cutting edge at this level, I am not sure Billy Sharp is a good enough player to be the focal point of their attacking play.

Wolves impressed me more. Their three centre backs are all very comfortable in the ball, Neves is able to dictate the tempo of play and switch the play from side to side with great accuracy and efficiency,

Their stand out player for me was Jota, he is a very dangerous player, with exceptional technique and movement. As I said I thought Peltier was superb against him.
Neves started to come into the game as we inevitably tired but i thought he was quite poor for the most part.

Ralls and Gunnarsson were far more effective than him and Saiss in my opinion who failed to control a throw in back to the thrower on at least 4 occasions!

I think they missed the lad Costa who i think is excellent but i just think they came up against a well oiled unit today, who were stronger, quicker and wanted it more than them.

Mendez-Laing has had all the plaudits again and i can't argue with that but Hoilett was every bit effective on the other wing.