+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Just got back

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Just got back

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Gibson's pencil View Post
    I got back about thirty minutes ago, absolutely elated with that performance. The team performed superly in a hostile environment against a vey good technical side who continually tried to play attacking football based in crisp passing and tremendous movement.

I must mention Lee Peltier, I thought he was Suoerb against Diego Jota, a really tricky forward, he was aggressive, to the point if nasty, pacy and resilient.

Joe Ralls has really raised his game and he looked more effective in this division than Neves, who is a Portuguese international and has played in the Champions league.

What can I say about the direct pace and penetration of our front three?

Zohore bullied their right sided central defender, he was simply too good for him. Too big, too quick and too strong. The compose he showed to lay the ball off to the on rushing Mendez-Laing for the third goal was wonderful to behold.

Great start to the season! So many goal scoring opportunities! A confident and united squad!

I was quite disappointed with Wolves Gibbo. The passed the ball but didn't move it nowhere near quick enough in my opinion.

For the majority of the game i thought we were comfortable and i thought Sheffield United caused us far more problems in the last 20 minutes with their passing and movement on Tuesday.

Re: Just got back

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I was quite disappointed with Wolves Gibbo. The passed the ball but didn't move it nowhere near quick enough in my opinion.

For the majority of the game i thought we were comfortable and i thought Sheffield United caused us far more problems in the last 20 minutes with their passing and movement on Tuesday.
    I was also impressed with some of the football played by Seffield United on Tuesday Gringo. I thought the rotation between Fleck and Coutts was very impressive and the young lad who came on as a sub was a very good prospect.

However, I felt they lack a cutting edge at this level, I am not sure Billy Sharp is a good enough player to be the focal point of their attacking play.

Wolves impressed me more. Their three centre backs are all very comfortable in the ball, Neves is able to dictate the tempo of play and switch the play from side to side with great accuracy and efficiency,

Their stand out player for me was Jota, he is a very dangerous player, with exceptional technique and movement. As I said I thought Peltier was superb against him.