+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just got back

Just got back

Superb performance. I honestly thought we were the better side. For all the hype, i was disappointed with Wolves.
    They had a 10 minute spell at the end of both halves in which they got on top but Etheridge hardly had a save to make again.

We have a team full of leaders. Ralls and Gunnarsson were immense again and they are both stronger and fitter than ever before.

Mendez-Laing was a beast and i think the full back only took the ball of him once.

Hoilett was brilliant again and Morrison must surely be winning over the doubters ala Mark Hudson. He was a beast today.

We are a team from 1-16 and this looks like the best Cardiff team i have witnessed at the moment.

Someone said to me today that we defend like a Malky team anď attack lime a Dave Jones team. I think that sums it up.

Re: Just got back

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Superb performance. I honestly thought we were the better side. For all the hype, i was disappointed with Wolves.
    They had a 10 minute spell at the end of both halves in which they got on top but Etheridge hardly had a save to make again.

We have a team full of leaders. Ralls and Gunnarsson were immense again and they are both stronger and fitter than ever before.

Mendez-Laing was a beast and i think the full back only took the ball of him once.

Hoilett was brilliant again and Morrison must surely be winning over the doubters ala Mark Hudson. He was a beast today.

We are a team from 1-16 and this looks like the best Cardiff team i have witnessed at the moment.

Someone said to me today that we defend like a Malky team anď attack lime a Dave Jones team. I think that sums it up.
    Great stuff. Sounds great, wish I'd been there. How was the defence? WoL had Bamba as MoM?

Bamba and Morrison were brilliant. To be honest everyone was again. That's why we are playing so well cos everyone is coming To the party.

I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I like that.
    me too
    long may it continue brother

somebody pinch me.

I got back about thirty minutes ago, absolutely elated with that performance. The team performed superly in a hostile environment against a very good technical side who continually tried to play attacking football based on crisp passing and tremendous movement.

I must mention Lee Peltier, I thought he was superb against Diego Jota, a really tricky forward, he was aggressive, to the point of nasty, pacy and resilient.

Joe Ralls has really raised his game and he looked more effective in this division than Neves, who is a Portuguese international and has played in the Champions league.

What can I say about the direct pace and penetration of our front three?

Zohore bullied their right sided central defender, he was simply too good for him. Too big, too quick and too strong. The compose he showed to lay the ball off to the on rushing Mendez-Laing for the third goal was wonderful to behold.

Great start to the season! So many goal scoring opportunities! A confident and united squad!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Gibson's pencil View Post
    I got back about thirty minutes ago, absolutely elated with that performance. The team performed superly in a hostile environment against a vey good technical side who continually tried to play attacking football based in crisp passing and tremendous movement.

I must mention Lee Peltier, I thought he was Suoerb against Diego Jota, a really tricky forward, he was aggressive, to the point if nasty, pacy and resilient.

Joe Ralls has really raised his game and he looked more effective in this division than Neves, who is a Portuguese international and has played in the Champions league.

What can I say about the direct pace and penetration of our front three?

Zohore bullied their right sided central defender, he was simply too good for him. Too big, too quick and too strong. The compose he showed to lay the ball off to the on rushing Mendez-Laing for the third goal was wonderful to behold.

Great start to the season! So many goal scoring opportunities! A confident and united squad!

I was quite disappointed with Wolves Gibbo. The passed the ball but didn't move it nowhere near quick enough in my opinion.

For the majority of the game i thought we were comfortable and i thought Sheffield United caused us far more problems in the last 20 minutes with their passing and movement on Tuesday.

Thanks for the first hand comments on the game lads, sounds great and glad you had a good trip.

How many Cardiff there Gringo?

Banned

Allegedly

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    How many Cardiff there Gringo?
    I'm not really sure mate as the stand goes the length of the pitch. It looked about 1500-1800

I was quite disappointed with Wolves Gibbo. The passed the ball but didn't move it nowhere near quick enough in my opinion.

For the majority of the game i thought we were comfortable and i thought Sheffield United caused us far more problems in the last 20 minutes with their passing and movement on Tuesday.
    I was also impressed with some of the football played by Seffield United on Tuesday Gringo. I thought the rotation between Fleck and Coutts was very impressive and the young lad who came on as a sub was a very good prospect.

However, I felt they lack a cutting edge at this level, I am not sure Billy Sharp is a good enough player to be the focal point of their attacking play.

Wolves impressed me more. Their three centre backs are all very comfortable in the ball, Neves is able to dictate the tempo of play and switch the play from side to side with great accuracy and efficiency,

Their stand out player for me was Jota, he is a very dangerous player, with exceptional technique and movement. As I said I thought Peltier was superb against him.

I'm not really sure mate as the stand goes the length of the pitch. It looked about 1500-1800
    Ratcliffe said 3000

Ratcliffe said 3000

I'm pretty sure there weren't that many. I was near the half way line where it was packed but i don't how full it was further down each side.

Wolves were singing "is that all you take away" so i assume it wasn't full.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Gibson's pencil View Post
    I was also impressed with some of the football played by Seffield United on Tuesday Gringo. I thought the rotation between Fleck and Coutts was very impressive and the young lad who came on as a sub was a very good prospect.

However, I felt they lack a cutting edge at this level, I am not sure Billy Sharp is a good enough player to be the focal point of their attacking play.

Wolves impressed me more. Their three centre backs are all very comfortable in the ball, Neves is able to dictate the tempo of play and switch the play from side to side with great accuracy and efficiency,

Their stand out player for me was Jota, he is a very dangerous player, with exceptional technique and movement. As I said I thought Peltier was superb against him.
    Neves started to come into the game as we inevitably tired but i thought he was quite poor for the most part.

Ralls and Gunnarsson were far more effective than him and Saiss in my opinion who failed to control a throw in back to the thrower on at least 4 occasions!

I think they missed the lad Costa who i think is excellent but i just think they came up against a well oiled unit today, who were stronger, quicker and wanted it more than them.

Mendez-Laing has had all the plaudits again and i can't argue with that but Hoilett was every bit effective on the other wing.

Is disappointed the right word Gringo?

I wasn't at the wolves game but could it be that the game was too big for the opposition or that our manager out-foxed theirs?

The result is a big eyebrow raiser for me.
    Okay, we had a great start, winning the first 3 without conceding, but to go and outplay a side in their own backyard, a side that had the same start but beating arguably two of the strongest teams in the league.

We have raised the bar dramatically and there is already a lovely air of expectancy.

I'm pretty sure there weren't that many. I was near the half way line where it was packed but i don't how full it was further down each side.

Heard that on the radio as the game kicked off. Still not a bad turnout though. On the Sky highlights I'd say only the end blocks we're short of a few people.

Blog Entries

We just got back too, agree with all of that, I wasn't really impressed with Wolves either, I thought we made them look a bit bland, from what Steve was saying about them on the way up I was expecting them to be better, great game though, I've got the bug again.

Ratcliffe said 3000
    It sounded like it at times.

For all the hype, i was disappointed with Wolves.
    Yeh right. :smiley:

To be honest. It didn't look that good. I don't know how much tickets were, but I thought we could have done much better than that.

To be honest. It didn't look that good. I don't know how much tickets were, but I thought we could have done much better than that.
    I thought I saw one report that said there were 1,700 odd Cardiff fans there. I can't find it now but that fits with most of the pre-game sales figures.

(The Cardiff fans weren't odd.... as far as i know!)

Still more than they ever bring to us

I like that.
    Funny that Dave Jones was at the game and was interviewed pitch side not that we could here feck all what he had to say