+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: My only concern

My only concern

There is no way that Ralls and Gunnarsson can keep up the high press tempo they did Today for 46 games.

Their work rate has been off the scale in our first 4 games and i think we have got to go into the transfer market to supplement our midfield before the window shuts as there's no way Halford could step in and do the job they are doing.

Re: My only concern

What about Damour mate? Can he move back one do you think?

I think he can mate. The difference with Ralls and Gunnarsson at the moment though mate is that they're physically imposing. They bossed it today.

I think Damour could definitely do a job there but his presence at the top of the 3 in these tough away games is helping us no end.

Agreed, we definitely need another midfielder

A certain Joseph Ledley perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

I can't see him coming in as soon as Noone and Pilkington goes to free up the wages... definitely not

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I can't see him coming in as soon as Noone and Pilkington goes to free up the wages... definitely not

Definitely agree that we need another CM. Even if they can't put up that 110% for 46 games, god forbid one of them gets injured. They both seem irreplaceable at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    There is no way that Ralls and Gunnarsson can keep up the high press tempo they did Today for 46 games.

Their work rate has been off the scale in our first 4 games and i think we have got to go into the transfer market to supplement our midfield before the window shuts as there's no way Halford could step in and do the job they are doing.
    You make a good point - we'll probably play Damour and O'Keefe again in there on Tuesday, because you'd expect to see Tomlin brought in for the Frenchman for QPR.

I'm with City 123 in that I'm still not going to rule out a move for Joe Ledley, who has turned down the chances of moves elsewhere as if he is waiting for something to happen at another club (his lack of a contract means that he could be signed after the window closes). It's been said that a possible Ledley signing would mean that all of our central midfielders would be quite similar, but I reckon that's what Warnock wants. Once again, he referred to Ralls and Gunnarsson as "bread and butter players" after praising their contribution at Wolves and I think that tells you exactly what he wants from his central midfielders - nothing flashy, just good, honest graft with a little bit of quality thrown in.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You make a good point - we'll probably play Damour and O'Keefe again in there on Tuesday, because you'd expect to see Tomlin brought in for the Frenchman for QPR.

I'm with City 123 in that I'm still not going to rule out a move for Joe Ledley, who has turned down the chances of moves elsewhere as if he is waiting for something to happen at another club (his lack of a contract means that he could be signed after the window closes). It's been said that a possible Ledley signing would mean that all of our central midfielders would be quite similar, but I reckon that's what Warnock wants. Once again, he referred to Ralls and Gunnarsson as "bread and butter players" after praising their contribution at Wolves and I think that tells you exactly what he wants from his central midfielders - nothing flashy, just good, honest graft with a little bit of quality thrown in.
    I think all we need now is one more centre mid player and the squad is done. The most balanced I can remember us having.

I was concerned that Joe Ledley wouldn't prove good value for money as I personally don't think he would improve us. But the OP makes a very important point. Sustaining our energy levels across a season could be the key to any success we may have. Signing Joe would mean we could rotate without a drop in quality. I wouldn't want us going beyond a two year contract though.

Another player we could perhaps consider is Dave Edwards at Wolves. Apparently he's nowhere near their first team anymore. He can cover deep and the number ten. He's a grafter who is well suited to this division.

Though maybe we should have the long term in mind and look at younger players. Perhaps O'Keeffe staying could work out though it's hard to make out if Neil rates him or not. Burton could be his last audition.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

please no...not another whittingham PLEASE!

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Definitely agree that we need another CM. Even if they can't put up that 110% for 46 games, god forbid one of them gets injured. They both seem irreplaceable at the moment.
    We could move Bamba slightly forward and slot in Manga ?

I am just thinking injury cover

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    We could move Bamba slightly forward and slot in Manga ?

I am just thinking injury cover
    I would prefer to leave the central defenders as they are and bring Bruno into midfield.