+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would we beat the Jacks?

Re: Would we beat the Jacks?

I remember we drew them away in the league cup a while back, think we were a league above and had been for quite a few years. It was the start of there Martinez era and they beat us 1 nil. I reckon we could do that to them now, first time in years.

I think Newport would beat that shower of sh@te at the moment. Gutless spineless team and fans.

The triumphalism and hubris on here is quite amusing and definitely extremely premature. Swans have played 2 games, Cardiff 4. Yesterday we lost to a team stuffed with world class stars - 3 of'em cost a total of nearly £200m (Pogba, Lukaku and Matic). Cardiff beat Wolves - a club who achieved great prominence circa 1954, - Joy Beverley and Billy Wright, the original Posh and Becks!
    Swans have flown the flag for Welsh football for the past 7 seasons. Cardiff presumably were 're-grouping' during those years. Somebody above states we're 'just keeping the place warm' for the much anticipated and welcome return of Colin's Sleeping Giants to the top flight. Well 7 years is a long time to keep anything warm. I really wouldn't rush down to Ladbroke's. One thing Swans have in bucket loads is resilience. We'll be fine - again - this season. What we need to do will be done. One thing Cardiff lack badly is bottle - COLIN might well address that, and with your impressive strike force - (that's a genuine compliment - Mendez-Laing looks a real find) this could be your year. But you've done bugger-all yet except win a few games so don't get ahead of yourselves.
    I used to come here in the early 2000s - Swans were starting to climb the divisions, we were in League One, Cardiff were already in the Championship a year before us. The talk on here was that Swans were really not competition for Cardiff. Your real competition in size and status was Bristol City. Swans were irrelevant. So it proved but not for the reasons given! Anyway keep knockin' 'em in and don't worry about little old Swansea. We'll be " Wales' Only Premier League Club". For a long while yet.

We'd hammer them

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit View Post
    The triumphalism and hubris on here is quite amusing and definitely extremely premature. Swans have played 2 games, Cardiff 4. Yesterday we lost to a team stuffed with world class stars - 3 of'em cost a total of nearly £200m (Pogba, Lukaku and Matic). Cardiff beat Wolves - a club who achieved great prominence circa 1954, - Joy Beverley and Billy Wright, the original Posh and Becks!
    Swans have flown the flag for Welsh football for the past 7 seasons. Cardiff presumably were 're-grouping' during those years. Somebody above states we're 'just keeping the place warm' for the much anticipated and welcome return of Colin's Sleeping Giants to the top flight. Well 7 years is a long time to keep anything warm. I really wouldn't rush down to Ladbroke's. One thing Swans have in bucket loads is resilience. We'll be fine - again - this season. What we need to do will be done. One thing Cardiff lack badly is bottle - COLIN might well address that, and with your impressive strike force - (that's a genuine compliment - Mendez-Laing looks a real find) this could be your year. But you've done bugger-all yet except win a few games so don't get ahead of yourselves.
    I used to come here in the early 2000s - Swans were starting to climb the divisions, we were in League One, Cardiff were already in the Championship a year before us. The talk on here was that Swans were really not competition for Cardiff. Your real competition in size and status was Bristol City. Swans were irrelevant. So it proved but not for the reasons given! Anyway keep knockin' 'em in and don't worry about little old Swansea. We'll be " Wales' Only Premier League Club". For a long while yet.
    We'll take that as a yes then.

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit View Post
    To be fair I'd be throwing wobblies like that too if our future looked that bleak

Keeping our place warm, little Swansea Town in their rugby council stadium. They do make us laugh mind