+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Super Neil and our outcasts

Super Neil and our outcasts

It's honestly so refreshing to see our manager get the most out of our underperforming/underrated players that he has. Much prefer seeing that than buying big as other teams have done.

Gunnarsson, Ralls etc look fitter, hungrier and sharper than ever before. Strangely fitter than when super coach Trollope was putting everyone on double training sessions.

What I don't get is why he can give certain players a massive kick up the arse and then bomb out talent at the same time. Noone, Pilks, and formerly Whitts and Huw's all had the talent to shine who had just stagnanted. And there's plenty of players on our books that could still do a job that's obvious that he's trying to get out the door such as oKeefe and John.

I'm not sure how much wages had a part to play but we've had underperforming talent on our bench for a long time and was just hoping these players could rediscover what they had. I'm sure Lambert could have done something today for the exceptional but tiring Zohore (who we can't rely on for the next 42 league games).

Re: Super Neil and our outcasts

I wonder where Pilkington fits in with us too. He's miles away from challenging for a starting place.