+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: NML An Uninspiring Signing

NML An Uninspiring Signing

Could turn out to be the best signing in the football league.

How many of us doubted him?

Re: NML An Uninspiring Signing

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Could turn out to be the best signing in the football league.

How many of us doubted him?
    TBH as it was Warnock who signed him, and when I read up on him it was a question of attitude, rather than ability, I had a good feeling about him.

Unlike Chepstow I wasn't going to judge him on the basis of who he signed from.

I dont think anyone could have predicted he was about to come one of the stars of the championship though.

This was the type of signing I'm sure the club were hoping Slade would make when they gave the job to him.

I was definitely uninspired, but I will never write a player off until I have exactly seen them play, that would just be unfair!

I was more doubtful about Damour, playing lower league French football. At least NML knew about the physicality of the EFL.

When we signed him I had a read about what Rochdale fans thought about him & he did look a promising signing although I was not expecting much from him initially. This was partly down to the fact that I thought that he would be 3rd in the pecking order behind Hoilett & Kadeem. Although Kadeem's injury has been unfortunate for him it provided NML with a great opportunity & boy has he grasped it with both hands.

I have seem Mendez play in 4 of our 5 games so far this season & am firmly of the opinion that he can go even further in the game. Clubs are paying big money for players with pace, power & an ability to score goals & we picked this exact type of player up on a free transfer from Rochdale.

I was wondering yesterday how many NML's there are playing lower division football who just need a manager to get inside their head to get the best out of them. Warnock has done a great job with him & Rochdale's manager, Keith Hill, must also take a lot of the credit as it appears that he got NML to focus on his football.