The one thing that Mendez, Damour and Tomlin have in common is there directness. In the case of Damour and Tomlin, it's carried out in a more calculated and slightly sophisticated way, that isn't a criticism of Mendez, it's just that in my opinion he is more instinctive than the other two, creating that half a yard and hitting the ball early-a joy to watch.

My point is that because these lads play on the front foot, it seems to have rejuvenated Ralls and Gunnar, and I think that we've definitely witnessed them showing that bit more urgency to win the ball back and get the ball moving quickly, the way that they play his filtered through the midfield and it's certainly showing.

On another note-Sean Morrison-he's been outstanding, last season I thought he did very well under Warnock, yet there still seems to be supporters (around me anyway) who like to jump on him for any little mistake, even if the previous ten things he did were spot on. Sol Bamba can be a bit reckless at times, and Bruno, yet the latter has his name sang out by the fans. I've never understood the Criticism he gets, a very good defender first and foremost, and i'd bet that any club in this division would love to have him-he should be shown a bit more love! Anyway, what a start-fecking brilliant!