+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wolves fans' view

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Wolves fans' view

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    What I don't understand with the views on their forum is the complaining about the blocking off the ball. This has happened since time immemorial and is particularly prevalent in the Premiership. You have to earn the right to get past your man he's not just going to cede you the space to run past him.

In the past this is one of the areas where the 'better' teams have bullied us and I'm delighted to see that we are finally playing to the ref in the same way that all the other successful sides do.

I can only think that very few of the Wolves fans have ever played sport competitively - it's as much decided by what you do off the ball as on it.

Anyway, I'll leave them to bleat on - though to be fair a few of the later replies have said how hysterical and over the top the match day comments were, particularly the whining about the Damour yellow card.

I noticed that quite a few of the later messages are a lot more level headed. That said it seems they have now been put into a thread specifically commenting on this board, so maybe they starting to realise how deluded they sound.

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    I noticed that quite a few of the later messages are a lot more level headed. That said it seems they have now been put into a thread specifically commenting on this board, so maybe they starting to realise how deluded they sound.
    Having just read that thread on their board then it does seem a lot more reasonable, with about the same amount of one-eyedness that we get on here.

They clearly have embarked on the same formula that gets most sides out of this division - throw lots of money at the team. Their problem is, as Villa are now finding, if it doesn't work then you can truly **** up your club for a long time.

Having gone that route once I cannot begin to put into words how much more connected I feel to the players Warnock has assembled this year, compared to the mercenaries who played for Cardiff in the Prem, but who I felt little or no care for. They were here for the money and ****ed off as soon as the grass was greener elsewhere.

The fact that at least 3 of our team this year have come here or stayed when the money on offer was better elsewhere makes me illogically happy and wanting to support the players more.

At the end of the season I'd expect Wolves to be more likely to be challenging for promotion than us but I never again want us to buy our way to promotion - it just leaves a bitter taste in the mouth and makes us fans just a sideshow to someone else's investment in their 'toy'. I'd rather not get there than do that again.

If VT is now making us nearly stand on our own two feet by limiting his support then I couldn't be happier if this atmosphere and sort of team is the outcome. Looking forward to Burton on Tuesday now and seeing how some of the other squad players perform.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Having just read that thread on their board then it does seem a lot more reasonable, with about the same amount of one-eyedness that we get on here.

They clearly have embarked on the same formula that gets most sides out of this division - throw lots of money at the team. Their problem is, as Villa are now finding, if it doesn't work then you can truly **** up your club for a long time.

Having gone that route once I cannot begin to put into words how much more connected I feel to the players Warnock has assembled this year, compared to the mercenaries who played for Cardiff in the Prem, but who I felt little or no care for. They were here for the money and ****ed off as soon as the grass was greener elsewhere.

The fact that at least 3 of our team this year have come here or stayed when the money on offer was better elsewhere makes me illogically happy and wanting to support the players more.

At the end of the season I'd expect Wolves to be more likely to be challenging for promotion than us but I never again want us to buy our way to promotion - it just leaves a bitter taste in the mouth and makes us fans just a sideshow to someone else's investment in their 'toy'. I'd rather not get there than do that again.

If VT is now making us nearly stand on our own two feet by limiting his support then I couldn't be happier if this atmosphere and sort of team is the outcome. Looking forward to Burton on Tuesday now and seeing how some of the other squad players perform.

bang on brother
    looking forward to Tuesday too wondering what side he puts out

We're bitter

Blog Entries

I was just reading that thread when I saw this..

Call out to the Welsh Admin:
    Good one mate! That made me laugh out loud.

An explanation to the others:
    The Welsh Admin (whoever he/she is) removed my post. The comment made by the admin was top notch and I would like to publicly state that I was well and truly put down.
    Brilliant!
    Just wondering what I missed and what thread it's in?

Any chance of a link to this, more reasonable, thread?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I have had a quick read of their forum and I have never seen a sense of entitlement like it! Unbelievable. They were managed by Mick McCarthy for 6 years so you'd think they'd know that sides are allowed to be physical!

Wolves fans' view= one eyed

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Not read it today but yesterday it seemed a lot more balanced than the other threads on that site.

https://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/index....-forum.198044/