+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wolves fans' view

Re: Wolves fans' view

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Fail. We beat Carlisle the next game.
    I was there before and after Tosh was sold.
    Frigging predictive text.

Quote Originally Posted by bluethrough View Post
    I noticed that quite a few of the later messages are a lot more level headed. That said it seems they have now been put into a thread specifically commenting on this board, so maybe they starting to realise how deluded they sound.
    Having just read that thread on their board then it does seem a lot more reasonable, with about the same amount of one-eyedness that we get on here.

They clearly have embarked on the same formula that gets most sides out of this division - throw lots of money at the team. Their problem is, as Villa are now finding, if it doesn't work then you can truly **** up your club for a long time.

Having gone that route once I cannot begin to put into words how much more connected I feel to the players Warnock has assembled this year, compared to the mercenaries who played for Cardiff in the Prem, but who I felt little or no care for. They were here for the money and ****ed off as soon as the grass was greener elsewhere.

The fact that at least 3 of our team this year have come here or stayed when the money on offer was better elsewhere makes me illogically happy and wanting to support the players more.

At the end of the season I'd expect Wolves to be more likely to be challenging for promotion than us but I never again want us to buy our way to promotion - it just leaves a bitter taste in the mouth and makes us fans just a sideshow to someone else's investment in their 'toy'. I'd rather not get there than do that again.

If VT is now making us nearly stand on our own two feet by limiting his support then I couldn't be happier if this atmosphere and sort of team is the outcome. Looking forward to Burton on Tuesday now and seeing how some of the other squad players perform.

I noticed that quite a few of the later messages are a lot more level headed. That said it seems they have now been put into a thread specifically commenting on this board, so maybe they starting to realise how deluded they sound.
    We're bitter

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Certainly a more level headed set of replies than those on their forums.
    It does seem pretty unanimous though that we had a "game plan" which comes across as some dirty tricks approach.

A manager studying videos of the opposition, analysing their strengths & weaknesses, and conveying this to his players for the benefit of the team with the sole intention of stopping the opposition playing whilst agreeing a scheme to actually try to win the game ourselves.

What a bunch of dirty stinking cheats we are!
    I remember a radio interview with Jay Bothroyd, maybe in his second season with us, saying that Dave Jones never much bothered with plans on how to stop the opposition, more that we should have our own formula and let other teams worry about stopping us.

I always wondered if that was really the case as I doubted so, but Malky proved that concentrated efforts on the opposition, more flexible tactics were better than Jones's tactical inflexibility.

Warnock has been the best of both so far this season. He might become as good as Slade one day

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I remember a radio interview with Jay Bothroyd, maybe in his second season with us, saying that Dave Jones never much bothered with plans on how to stop the opposition, more that we should have our own formula and let other teams worry about stopping us.

I always wondered if that was really the case as I doubted so, but Malky proved that concentrated efforts on the opposition, more flexible tactics were better than Jones's tactical inflexibility.

Warnock has been the best of both so far this season. He might become as good as Slade one day
    I doubt a Warnock team is capable of making an entire stadium fall asleep during a game of football.
    To this end, Slade is greater.

Hi.
    Just **** off!
    You were beaten by a better team, whom you all thought were beneath you before the game.
    As I Said. **** off .

Blog Entries

I was just reading that thread when I saw this..

Call out to the Welsh Admin:
    Good one mate! That made me laugh out loud.

An explanation to the others:
    The Welsh Admin (whoever he/she is) removed my post. The comment made by the admin was top notch and I would like to publicly state that I was well and truly put down.
    Brilliant!
    Just wondering what I missed and what thread it's in?

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    Having just read that thread on their board then it does seem a lot more reasonable, with about the same amount of one-eyedness that we get on here.

They clearly have embarked on the same formula that gets most sides out of this division - throw lots of money at the team. Their problem is, as Villa are now finding, if it doesn't work then you can truly **** up your club for a long time.

Having gone that route once I cannot begin to put into words how much more connected I feel to the players Warnock has assembled this year, compared to the mercenaries who played for Cardiff in the Prem, but who I felt little or no care for. They were here for the money and ****ed off as soon as the grass was greener elsewhere.

The fact that at least 3 of our team this year have come here or stayed when the money on offer was better elsewhere makes me illogically happy and wanting to support the players more.

At the end of the season I'd expect Wolves to be more likely to be challenging for promotion than us but I never again want us to buy our way to promotion - it just leaves a bitter taste in the mouth and makes us fans just a sideshow to someone else's investment in their 'toy'. I'd rather not get there than do that again.

If VT is now making us nearly stand on our own two feet by limiting his support then I couldn't be happier if this atmosphere and sort of team is the outcome. Looking forward to Burton on Tuesday now and seeing how some of the other squad players perform.

bang on brother
    looking forward to Tuesday too wondering what side he puts out

Any chance of a link to this, more reasonable, thread?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I have had a quick read of their forum and I have never seen a sense of entitlement like it! Unbelievable. They were managed by Mick McCarthy for 6 years so you'd think they'd know that sides are allowed to be physical!

Wolves fans' view= one eyed

I enjoyed reading their views.
    Very entertaining.
    I'm sure Wolves will do very OK.
    Sounds like any kind of 'OK' will not be good enough.
    Can't beat the stench of money if you want to see something get rapidly tainted.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Not read it today but yesterday it seemed a lot more balanced than the other threads on that site.

https://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/index....-forum.198044/

Basically Wolves are bad losers. How they believe their side which has been in the doldrums for a few years with a yellow card count far greater than ours are entitled to win just because they have spent heavily and appointed a new manager is naive beyond belief. They were second best and lost on Saturday because they could not cope with a better team, a better manager and better tactics as some of their more sensible contributors have acknowledged. Calling us cheats and blaming the referee are desperate attempts to justify their poor performance which seemingly was not even on a par with Sheffield Utd whose fans were far more realistic about their team's prospects.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Frigging predictive text.
    the man who invented predictive text has died. As far as i am concerned, he can go and burn in hello

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Basically Wolves are bad losers. How they believe their side which has been in the doldrums for a few years with a yellow card count far greater than ours are entitled to win just because they have spent heavily and appointed a new manager is naive beyond belief. They were second best and lost on Saturday because they could not cope with a better team, a better manager and better tactics as some of their more sensible contributors have acknowledged. Calling us cheats and blaming the referee are desperate attempts to justify their poor performance which seemingly was not even on a par with Sheffield Utd whose fans were far more realistic about their team's prospects.
    Some guy on twitter even tagged the FA in his comments about the game prompting me to suggest Wolves fans on Twitter created a new phenomenon 'twinging'

I've never seen whinging like it. Honestly, what a bunch of babies.