+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Well done Huddersfield

Well done Huddersfield

Huds 1-0 Geordies

Another team with a massive sense of entitlement from their fans bite the dust.

Excellent stuff.

Re: Well done Huddersfield

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Huds 1-0 Geordies

Another team with a massive sense of entitlement from their fans bite the dust.

Excellent stuff.
    To be fair I think that Newcastle were beaten before kick off. The contrast between what's going on, on and off the field with both clubs is staggering. I can see Newcastle coming straight back down if Mike Ashley doesn't pull his finger out and give Benitez what he wants

Winning the playoffs, seems to give teams much better momentum going into the premier league, than going up automatic.

On the basis of what I saw today I think both teams will struggle this season.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    On the basis of what I saw today I think both teams will struggle this season.
    Surprised Newcastle went up at all. They looked shit for a team that 'walked the league'.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Surprised Newcastle went up at all. They looked shit for a team that 'walked the league'.
    They bought a team to win the championship but there are players (see Frazier Campbell) who can dominate this league and have no effect on the bigger stage. Huddersfield are the only promoted side to spend on improving their team thus far.

I really liked David Wagner last season - he seemed to combine the best of a 'modern' German approach with an adopted pragmatic British style. He was grounded, modest and often self-depreciating - and very smart. Huddersfield were my hope for promotion from the play-offs (though I bottled it and went for Fulham in the board poll). It's good to see them having a good start against 'bigger clubs'.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I really liked David Wagner last season - he seemed to combine the best of a 'modern' German approach with an adopted pragmatic British style. He was grounded, modest and often self-depreciating - and very smart. Huddersfield were my hope for promotion from the play-offs (though I bottled it and went for Fulham in the board poll). It's good to see them having a good start against 'bigger clubs'.
    http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...-boss-13000967

Agreed, Wagner seems a great bloke and I really hope Huddersfield stay up.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Dont forget we beat Huddersfield twice last season and their play off final win over Reading was the most boring game of football I have seen for years. They will undoubtedly struggle this season - Hull won their first two games last season in the Prem and look what happened to them. I personally dont rate Wagner that highly, they were lucky to go up last year.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Dont forget we beat Huddersfield twice last season and their play off final win over Reading was the most boring game of football I have seen for years. They will undoubtedly struggle this season - Hull won their first two games last season in the Prem and look what happened to them. I personally dont rate Wagner that highly, they were lucky to go up last year.
    Usual bollocks from you. Wagner is the main reason they are now to plying their trade in the Premiership.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Usual bollocks from you. Wagner is the main reason they are now to plying their trade in the Premiership.
    Usual bad grammar and even bigger bollocks from you.

Usual bad grammar and even bigger bollocks from you.
    You are the Buster Gonad of this forum

You are the Buster Gonad of this forum
    I'll take that as a compliment coming from you bearing in mind that you obviously sit around with nothing better to do all day, waiting for something to be posted on any topic that you can disagree with and throw insults at the poster for no good reason. At least when I critiscise one of your usually inane posts, I dont resort to swearing or childish insults.

I'll take that as a compliment coming from you bearing in mind that you obviously sit around with nothing better to do all day, waiting for something to be posted on any topic that you can disagree with and throw insults at the poster for no good reason. At least when I critiscise one of your usually inane posts, I dont resort to swearing or childish insults.
    I'm usually in work getting paid to disagree with you but today I'm relaxing in my caravan down West Wales, drinking a Birra Moretti laughing at how serious you take the internet Buster.

Chill man.

I take it all back. I have just noticed that you have actually agreed with one of my posts on another topic (Huddersfield). You are indeed a legend and I bow to your superior knowledge and wisdom.

I take it all back. I have just noticed that you have actually agreed with one of my posts on another topic (Huddersfield). You are indeed a legend and I bow to your superior knowledge and wisdom.
    For Huddersfield read xG - quick double posting is not a good idea in my case.

Apology accepted

I'm usually in work getting paid to disagree with you but today I'm relaxing in my caravan down West Wales, drinking a Birra Moretti laughing at how serious you take the internet Buster.

Chill man.
    You haven't quite got the hang of this being away lark. Surely you are at a seven day symposium on mobile transportation and communication networks in one of Britain's premier national parks?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    You haven't quite got the hang of this being away lark. Surely you are at a seven day symposium on mobile transportation and communication networks in one of Britain's premier national parks?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

It must really piss Leeds off too which is another great thing.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    It must really piss Leeds off too which is another great thing.
    Didnt think of that. Wagner is a legend.